Black Spirituality Religion : The Probelm is We Don't Accept the Truths of Our Religions

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
This is not to cast judgement but is an observation, to understand repercusions, that do not denote prophecy, but scientific inevitablity.

Religions are based on three things;

1 Beleif
2 Faith
3 Truths

Religions have different beliefs that rely on faith, but that which is common, in regard to,
ones interactions with ones common neighbor,
in practically all religions, organized or indigenous.

There is a common thread of ethics and moral values found in the religions of all peoples.

On observation of our embracement of Christianity, many times in fact too many times, I have observed among friends and family, that we accept the belief, with faith,
but reject the Christian Truth; Love One Another! Have a concern for the poor, and elderly, and those weary of spirit.

How is that translated into action within ones community?
or among ones race within a nation or with ones race globally?

In all 7 principles of the Nguzo Saba; the urge, the plea, the message;
if we love each other we would really have a heartfelt concern for the community,
and the concept of , it takes a village to raise a child would not just be a saying but an actuality.

On observation of friends and family who are Muslim, I have observed that we embrace the faith and the belief ,
but reject the Muslim Truth, Charity
in the Nguzo Saba, all 7 actions are actions of charity; doing something for others without thought of personal gain,
but simply ding it from the heart, as a simple duty and procedure, like taking a shower, or eating breakfast.

On observation I have noted among friends and family that those of the Yoruba faith, embrace the beleif with faith,
but gloss over and to my observation (personaly amongst close family clergy) don't
care about the 13 Principles of the Alashe, the Yoruba Truth of royal expression

Or the Hebrew sisters and Brothers, who reject the root of the 10 commandments, which denote a heartfelt law of mutual reciprocity concideration and respect, the Truth of the Torah

So what is clear that one of our main impediments to progress is that we have a tendency to eat the egg but throw way the darker part, only eating the white part.

By accepting the core truths of the religions we practice a clear path to Black nationalism as well as Pan Africanism is natural and evident; Love, Charity, Mutual respect, a regal pride in helping nurturing, healing and uplifting

Umoja (oo-MOE-jah)
Unity
To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
Practice Umoja every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #2
Day #2: December 27
Kujichagulia (koo-jee-cha-goo-LEE-ah)
Self Determination
To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
Practice Kujichagulia every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #3
Day #3: December 28
Ujima (oo-JEE-mah)
Collective Work & Responsibility
To build and maintain our community together and to make our Brother's and sister's problems, our problems and to solve them together.
Practice Ujima every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #4
Day #4: December 29
Ujamaa (oo-JAH-mah)
Cooperative Economics
To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them.
Practice Ujamaa every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #5
Day #5: December 30
Nia (nee-AH)
Purpose
To make as our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
Practice Nia every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #6
Day #6: December 31
Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah)
Creativity
To do always as much as we can, in the way that we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful than when we inherited it.
Practice Kuumba every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #7
Day #7: January 1
Day of Meditation
Imani (ee-MAH-nee)
Faith

To believe with all our hearts in our parents, our teachers, our leaders, our people and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
nguzo saba principles

http://www.endarkenment.com/kwanzaa/nguzosaba.htm

the Truths (not the dogma) of the Gospel, the Shahada, the Alashaa, and the Torah;
the core truths of each can be found, but more importantly; manifest into direct
action;

via the above 7 principles

i'm not sure if we don't accept the truths of our religion or we just don't apply them in our lives. either way, we need to work on that.

when questioned about their behavior, most people that i've talked to claimed that their religion--over the course of many years, i've talked to people of different religions but, mostly catholics, protestants, and Jehovah's Witnesses--is too restrictive, not allowing for the flexibility of the individual...so they take what they need from it...and continue doing what they're doing. DO ANY OF US HAVE THE FAITH OF JOB, OR ABRAHAM? i think not. however, if we're going to claim it...we should live it for longer than it takes to get outside the walls of whatever house of worship we choose to attend. yes, in everything i say, i include myself in that number.

This is not to cast judgement but is an observation, to understand repercusions, that do not denote prophecy, but scientific inevitablity.

Religions are based on three things;

1 Beleif
2 Faith
3 Truths

Religions have different beliefs that rely on faith, but that which is common, in regard to,
ones interactions with ones common neighbor,
in practically all religions, organized or indigenous.

There is a common thread of ethics and moral values found in the religions of all peoples.

On observation of our embracement of Christianity, many times in fact too many times, I have observed among friends and family, that we accept the belief, with faith,
but reject the Christian Truth; Love One Another! Have a concern for the poor, and elderly, and those weary of spirit.

How is that translated into action within ones community?
or among ones race within a nation or with ones race globally?

In all 7 principles of the Nguzo Saba; the urge, the plea, the message;
if we love each other we would really have a heartfelt concern for the community,
and the concept of , it takes a village to raise a child would not just be a saying but an actuality.

On observation of friends and family who are Muslim, I have observed that we embrace the faith and the belief ,
but reject the Muslim Truth, Charity
in the Nguzo Saba, all 7 actions are actions of charity; doing something for others without thought of personal gain,
but simply ding it from the heart, as a simple duty and procedure, like taking a shower, or eating breakfast.

On observation I have noted among friends and family that those of the Yoruba faith, embrace the beleif with faith,
but gloss over and to my observation (personaly amongst close family clergy) don't
care about the 13 Principles of the Alashe, the Yoruba Truth of royal expression

Or the Hebrew sisters and Brothers, who reject the root of the 10 commandments, which denote a heartfelt law of mutual reciprocity concideration and respect, the Truth of the Torah

So what is clear that one of our main impediments to progress is that we have a tendency to eat the egg but throw way the darker part, only eating the white part.

By accepting the core truths of the religions we practice a clear path to Black nationalism as well as Pan Africanism is natural and evident; Love, Charity, Mutual respect, a regal pride in helping nurturing, healing and uplifting

Umoja (oo-MOE-jah)
Unity
To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
Practice Umoja every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #2
Day #2: December 27
Kujichagulia (koo-jee-cha-goo-LEE-ah)
Self Determination
To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
Practice Kujichagulia every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #3
Day #3: December 28
Ujima (oo-JEE-mah)
Collective Work & Responsibility
To build and maintain our community together and to make our Brother's and sister's problems, our problems and to solve them together.
Practice Ujima every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #4
Day #4: December 29
Ujamaa (oo-JAH-mah)
Cooperative Economics
To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them.
Practice Ujamaa every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #5
Day #5: December 30
Nia (nee-AH)
Purpose
To make as our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
Practice Nia every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #6
Day #6: December 31
Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah)
Creativity
To do always as much as we can, in the way that we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful than when we inherited it.
Practice Kuumba every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #7
Day #7: January 1
Day of Meditation
Imani (ee-MAH-nee)
Faith
To believe with all our hearts in our parents, our teachers, our leaders, our people and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
nguzo saba principles

http://www.endarkenment.com/kwanzaa/nguzosaba.htm

the Truths (not the dogma) of the Gospel, the Shahada, the Alashaa, and the Torah;
the core truths of each can be found, but more importantly; manifest into direct
action;

via the above 7 principles

They cannot apply these truths because you CANNOT be a panafricanist, black nationalist or for the liberation of black people everywhere and be an Muslim or a Christian at the same time. They negate one another at the core. (See my thread about christian truths) Black people have always had these values or "truths" as you mention but as soon as the enemy came along and confused us we started moving backward because of these religions. They took away what they knew and replaced it with "faith". The reason people cannot or do not practice these truths is because of the division that the enemy has put into the camps as well as the fact that people think "God" is supposed to do it all. Which is fallacy. People are supposed to help each other. I think that the greatest lesson in the bible is the story of Cain and Able we are our brothers keeper period.

What happens when someone asserts their very different truths are just as good with the same type of justification? What happens when these truths are in the same books that the other group uses to validate theirs as a truth? The problem that ,when people wisely start to step away from taking all the content of these faiths as literal truth, people pick and choose things that might not be sensible or agreeable. What then?

Good ideas don't need mystical justifications.

They cannot apply these truths because you CANNOT be a panafricanist, black nationalist or for the liberation of black people everywhere and be an Muslim or a Christian at the same time. They negate one another at the core. (See my thread about christian truths)
see what your thread about christian dogma? did you bother to read my post and the explaination ?

All due respect that seems to be a weird statement since most Pan Africanists and Black Nationalists are either Christian or Muslim!
Black people have always had these values or "truths" as you mention but as soon as the enemy came along and confused us we started moving backward because of these religions. They took away what they knew and replaced it with "faith". The reason people cannot or do not practice these truths is because of the division that the enemy has put into the camps as well as the fact that people think "God" is supposed to do it all. Which is fallacy.
do you know anything about the African Methodist church during reconstruction or African Methodist Zion? or Black liberation theology churches of the 70s?
Is your statement based on research or is it an opinion?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back