Black Spirituality Religion : The Probelm is We Don't Accept the Truths of Our Religions

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ankhur, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    This is not to cast judgement but is an observation, to understand repercusions, that do not denote prophecy, but scientific inevitablity.

Religions are based on three things;

1 Beleif
    2 Faith
    3 Truths

Religions have different beliefs that rely on faith, but that which is common, in regard to,
    ones interactions with ones common neighbor,
    in practically all religions, organized or indigenous.

There is a common thread of ethics and moral values found in the religions of all peoples.

On observation of our embracement of Christianity, many times in fact too many times, I have observed among friends and family, that we accept the belief, with faith,
    but reject the Christian Truth; Love One Another! Have a concern for the poor, and elderly, and those weary of spirit.

How is that translated into action within ones community?
    or among ones race within a nation or with ones race globally?

In all 7 principles of the Nguzo Saba; the urge, the plea, the message;
    if we love each other we would really have a heartfelt concern for the community,
    and the concept of , it takes a village to raise a child would not just be a saying but an actuality.

On observation of friends and family who are Muslim, I have observed that we embrace the faith and the belief ,
    but reject the Muslim Truth, Charity
    in the Nguzo Saba, all 7 actions are actions of charity; doing something for others without thought of personal gain,
    but simply ding it from the heart, as a simple duty and procedure, like taking a shower, or eating breakfast.

On observation I have noted among friends and family that those of the Yoruba faith, embrace the beleif with faith,
    but gloss over and to my observation (personaly amongst close family clergy) don't
    care about the 13 Principles of the Alashe, the Yoruba Truth of royal expression

Or the Hebrew sisters and Brothers, who reject the root of the 10 commandments, which denote a heartfelt law of mutual reciprocity concideration and respect, the Truth of the Torah

So what is clear that one of our main impediments to progress is that we have a tendency to eat the egg but throw way the darker part, only eating the white part.

By accepting the core truths of the religions we practice a clear path to Black nationalism as well as Pan Africanism is natural and evident; Love, Charity, Mutual respect, a regal pride in helping nurturing, healing and uplifting

Umoja (oo-MOE-jah)
    Unity
    To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
    Practice Umoja every day!

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #2
    Day #2: December 27
    Kujichagulia (koo-jee-cha-goo-LEE-ah)
    Self Determination
    To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
    Practice Kujichagulia every day!
    [​IMG]

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #3
    Day #3: December 28
    Ujima (oo-JEE-mah)
    Collective Work & Responsibility
    To build and maintain our community together and to make our Brother's and sister's problems, our problems and to solve them together.
    Practice Ujima every day!
    [​IMG]

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #4
    Day #4: December 29
    Ujamaa (oo-JAH-mah)
    Cooperative Economics
    To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them.
    Practice Ujamaa every day!
    [​IMG]

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #5
    Day #5: December 30
    Nia (nee-AH)
    Purpose
    To make as our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
    Practice Nia every day!
    [​IMG]

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #6
    Day #6: December 31
    Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah)
    Creativity
    To do always as much as we can, in the way that we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful than when we inherited it.
    Practice Kuumba every day!
    [​IMG]

Nguzo Saba Kwanzaa Principle #7
    Day #7: January 1
    Day of Meditation
    Imani (ee-MAH-nee)
    Faith

To believe with all our hearts in our parents, our teachers, our leaders, our people and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
    nguzo saba principles

http://www.endarkenment.com/kwanzaa/nguzosaba.htm

the Truths (not the dogma) of the Gospel, the Shahada, the Alashaa, and the Torah;
    the core truths of each can be found, but more importantly; manifest into direct
    action;

via the above 7 principles

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i'm not sure if we don't accept the truths of our religion or we just don't apply them in our lives. either way, we need to work on that.

when questioned about their behavior, most people that i've talked to claimed that their religion--over the course of many years, i've talked to people of different religions but, mostly catholics, protestants, and Jehovah's Witnesses--is too restrictive, not allowing for the flexibility of the individual...so they take what they need from it...and continue doing what they're doing. DO ANY OF US HAVE THE FAITH OF JOB, OR ABRAHAM? i think not. however, if we're going to claim it...we should live it for longer than it takes to get outside the walls of whatever house of worship we choose to attend. yes, in everything i say, i include myself in that number.

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    They cannot apply these truths because you CANNOT be a panafricanist, black nationalist or for the liberation of black people everywhere and be an Muslim or a Christian at the same time. They negate one another at the core. (See my thread about christian truths) Black people have always had these values or "truths" as you mention but as soon as the enemy came along and confused us we started moving backward because of these religions. They took away what they knew and replaced it with "faith". The reason people cannot or do not practice these truths is because of the division that the enemy has put into the camps as well as the fact that people think "God" is supposed to do it all. Which is fallacy. People are supposed to help each other. I think that the greatest lesson in the bible is the story of Cain and Able we are our brothers keeper period.

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    What happens when someone asserts their very different truths are just as good with the same type of justification? What happens when these truths are in the same books that the other group uses to validate theirs as a truth? The problem that ,when people wisely start to step away from taking all the content of these faiths as literal truth, people pick and choose things that might not be sensible or agreeable. What then?

Good ideas don't need mystical justifications.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    see what your thread about christian dogma? did you bother to read my post and the explaination ?

do you know anything about the African Methodist church during reconstruction or African Methodist Zion? or Black liberation theology churches of the 70s?
    Is your statement based on research or is it an opinion?

6. AmenAmenetSun

AmenAmenetSun Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
  7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I know all about Richard Allen sir, I was born and raised in Philadelphia. The African methodist church and all others are a COMPLETELY different animal today than they were back then. The Paul Cuffy and Richard Allens of the world are gone and its very sad. It is my opinion. Why because religion especially a dogma that propagates spiritual death and punishment for non belief it not only divides us but further propagates the white mans will to do so and keep us from our history. That history being that we were spiritual and knew god and all truths long before the white man even knew he was alive. But now since he come along and tell you "you need jesus" you accept that and allow his propaganda to have you believe your brothers are your enemy because they dont accept Jesus. That is backward, anti African and non productive. We need to see our true selves and potential without the religious bastardized blinders of the white mans ideology and start seeing with our African eyes and thinking with our African minds. Until then we will NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE UNITY, A REAL AGENDA OR TRUTH.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    l
    ike I said the truth of a relgion is not it's dogma and if you need me to spell it out the truths of a relgion are it's moral and ethical priciplas, what is it you dont understand, in fact read the 3 things I sad relgion consists of!!!!!

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015

Religions are based on three things;

1 Beleif
    2 Faith
    3 Truths

Religions have different beliefs that rely on faith, but that which is common, in regard to,
    ones interactions with ones common neighbor,
    in practically all religions, organized or indigenous.

I know english is not our language so I apologize for using it but I am bound by the rules of this webste to use it, therefore if anyone has difficulty reading, I suggest one download a tutor

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    you are talking about dogma! is math, calculus different in diferent nations or cultures?

Truth is truth

dogma is dogma!

what is this all about? what is the disconnect?

Do yo eat an entire banana? or an entire pomegrante? or are there parts you eat and parts you throw away?