Jails / Prisons : The Private Prison Industry Is Licking Its Chops Over Trump's Deportation Plans

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by IFE, Feb 22, 2017.

1. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    The Private Prison Industry Is Licking Its Chops Over Trump's Deportation Plans
    One reported plan calls for doubling the daily number of detained immigrants.

But given that America's detention system for immigrants has been running at full capacity for some time now, where is the president going to put all of these people before deporting them?
    In new jails, for starters. In the same executive order that called for the construction of a southern border wall, Trump instructed Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to build out its sprawling network of immigration detention centers. Starting "immediately,"

The Private Prison Industry Is Licking Its Chops Over Trump's ...
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/02/trumps-immigration-detention-center-expansion - 78k - Cached - Similar pages

The private prison industry is licking its chops over Trump's deportation plans

One reported plan calls for doubling the daily number of detained immigrants.
    motherjones.com

2. Djedefre

Djedefre Active Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +14
    Good, at least they will lay off black folks for a while. Alot of black folks seem to remember that Mexicans and hispanics and the spainiards were some of the biggest slavers and started the african holocaust slave genocide. Hispanic issues are not black issues. I know there are black hispanics, but how many of them do you see asking for reparations for african americans? Neither did I.

3. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    No, no, no. There is nothing good about this.
    You seriously misunderstood my topic.

Bye.

4. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +313
    I suggest you do a search on how Illegal Immigrants harm Black People. It seems to me that you are ignorant of the harm it has done to the poorer sections of our community.

5. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Are you stalking me? If so, why?

My topic is about private prisons/slave labor.

Maybe you're not aware of the Prison Industrial Complex.

If you would like to discuss illegal immigrants, start your own topic. You may find one created by another poster.

6. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +313
    I am well aware of it. I am also aware the economic implications of illegal immigration. I suggest you reread what Mother Jones has written about, because it seems right now all you have done is copied it by not comprehended it. I will give you a hint, it focuses on concerns for detained illegal immigrants not how the prison complex effects our people.

I agree with the brother above. Why should we worry about the problems of illegal immigrants when they thumb their noses at us?

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,465
  8. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not following your train of thought.

Again, this topic is about the private prisons/Prison Industrial Comples, AKA, The New Jim Crow. Read the book.

I care about how the prison complex effects our people. Are you OK?
    Sometimes we can get so caught up in proving a poster wrong, that you go completely off topic.

9. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +378
    They're not "laying off" of us. They're just adding them. These are equal opportunity racists we're dealing with. If they're going after Hispanics, best believe we're on that same hit list. Honestly, when were we ever NOT targeted? The private prisons are ALREADY filled to the brim with black people. They're just adding Hispanics so they can increase their profit margin. And if they run out of black & brown people to jail they'll throw asians in there next. That's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List