Black Spirituality Religion : The Prince of Fools (Psalm 14)

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by TheWitness, Mar 15, 2005.

1. TheWitness

TheWitness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I just opened my emails and found several letters waiting. I opened one and found it contained the single word fool.I have known many an instance of a man writing a letter forgetting to sign his name, but this is the only instance I have ever known of a man signing his name and forgetting to write the letter."
    King David paints the portrait of the prince of fools in one sentence:"The fool has said in his heart,"There is no God"The heart is the seat of reason and decision making,"for as he thinks in his heart, so is he".(Proverbs 23:7)
    The word fool comes from the word nabal, which means "moral perversity." The original text does not say "man is stupid". We have gone to the moon, transplanted hearts, and harnessed atomic power_ we are not stupid. David knew that, too, and picked the perfect word to talk about those who are "morally perversed".
    The word God in this text (psalms 14:1) is not the normal word Jehovah but El Jehovah, which refers to the God of the covenant, the God who does something for us. El refers to the almighty God, the God of authority, the ruler, the judge, the lawgiver. David's choice of words shows that humans do not want to know a God who demands anything; they want to be free to participate unimpeded in their sinful behavior.
    Our concept of God will determine how we live. If we see God as a cosmic bellhop in the heavens responding to our paltry tips, we will live a loose, lukewarm, and loveless Christian life. But God is not a bellhop, and HE is not a doting grandfather ,smiling benignly in the heavens at godless conduct. He is a God of patience and love a God of compassion and correction.Some label God as someone up there who loves us. That's true. However, He does demand that we present our bodies as living sacrifices,"holy, acceptable to God"(Rom.12:1) We have been bought with a price. Those who preach the love of God without the discipline of God are preaching a humanistic heresy. Paul taught that if you do not endure chastening, you are illegitimate_not a child of God.
    The fool has deviated faith. The infidel shouts,I have no belief!" Liar!!!! A man who claims to believe nothing still believes in something. It requires faith to be an infidel. The atheist must believe that God is not, that prayer is a waste of time, that heaven is a myth, death is eternal unconscious existence, and hope for a better tomorrow is weakness. The agnostic has been duped but Satan to believe wrong things.
    The fool defies the creation. The Bible begins with the declaration "In the beginning God"... Without God there is no creation, no redemption, no deliverance, no healing, no hope. Paul says we can know God by the things HE has created.(Rom.1:20). Look at our massive universe with its organization and structure that work together. The fool believes that this magnificent earth is the by product of an ecological accident. Only a fool would believe that billions of years ago the sun shone on a pond and that life began wiggling in the water, and that this life form developed lungs and legs and walked out on land. Finally it climbed a tree and hung by its tail. Only a fool would believe that.
    The fool denies history. Daniel asked God to show him the parade of nations that would come upon the face of the earth. God gave him a vision of the nations in the EXACT order in which they would appear, the personality of their leaders, and the military methods of conquest. (Dan.2:7) How was that knows hundreds of years before it happened? An accident? Hardly. There is a God who sits on His throne, who puts kings up and takes kings down.
    Israel's history proves God reigns. God's chosen people were scattered over four continents and six civilizations. They survived persecution in the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and Hitler's Holocaust. Today the nation of Israel shows that God continues to protect His people.
    The fool detests the Resurrection. Jesus Christ's tomb is empty. Why? Because He is seated at the right hand of God the Father. He is alive.He is real. He is coming again in power and great glory.(Matt. 24:30)
    How do I know God is real? I know He's real because I can feel Him in the depths of my soul. In the Garden of Gethsemane, in the valley of the shadow of death, when the storms of life are raging, when the burdens of life are unbearable, I know He is there.
    There is a God. He is all powerful, all knowing, ever present, holy, everlasting, sovereign, unchanging. He is your Father. He created heaven and earth. He is King of kings and Lord of lords. He is coming again with power and great glory. Are you a fool or are you ready to meet Him???

2. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Excellent posting I enjoyed reading it. Nobody know the day nor the hour when the Son of Man will return. Will you be ready?

The time is now if you havent accepted the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into your heart its time now...

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Outstanding

Preach with boldness sister and do not become frustrated with talking to the dead. Men are not ignorant they know but deny the truth. To know the truth make one responsible for their actions. Those who deny now will be denied in judgement.

Peace & Love

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Yes! This is a very powerful message! I enjoyed reading it as well!

5. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Interesting take on things here. I guess brothas like me are definately going the way of wearin a pair of gasoline boxer shorts huh ? :bye: :devil:

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

lest they 4-get that Peter denied jesus 3 times & as the SCRIPTURE says Jesus said: those that DENY me, I shall deny before the father of yours & mine! & we don't even want to get started on PAUL the deceiver & founder of what they call Christianity!

It's ok if u have on gasoline shorts brotha Sek, for fire purifies!!!!

peace god!

7. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Prayers for all

As long as there is breath in the body it is never too late. God condemns no man, man condemns himself.

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I was making a joke brotha. "never too late" does not apply :star:

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Fire certainly does purify :number1:

10. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Oh you were Joking. Ha. Ha. Sorry I didn't get it the first time. I just don't think gasoline soaked drawls are funny. :hot: