Black Spirituality Religion : The Prayer That Started the Haitian Revolution

Onyemobi

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2007
Washington DC MetropolitanArea
Occupation
Artist
This prayer, from the ceremony that took place on August 22, 1791 at Bwa Kayiman, which has been traditionally been ascribed to Boukman Dutty, is considered the beginning of the Haitian Revolution. As you read it, you will realize that this prayer still holds just as true today as it did back in 1791. We as a people definitely need another Bwa Kayiman session to get back on the right track.

"The god who created the earth; who created the sun that gives us light.The god who holds up the ocean; who makes the thunder roar. Our God who has ears to hear. You who are hidden in the clouds; who watch us from where you are. You see all that the white has made us suffer. The white man's god asks him to commit crimes. But the god within us wants to do good. Our god, who is so good, so just, He orders us to revenge our wrongs. It's He who will direct our arms and bring us the victory. It's He who will assist us. We all should throw away the image of the white men's god who is so pitiless. Listen to the voice for liberty that sings in all our hearts."

boukman.jpg

that it is in English. Short and to the point though. I'd say the Haitians are in need of some new prayers; such desperate living conditions for most of them.
They must be offending some God(s) with the atrocities they bring upon their womben and children.

May I ask what is the source for this archive

I saw it in a dvd, and googled the name Boukman Dutty.

TMLOK....

most "not" all Haitians carry the traditions of their ancestors in worship.

I know they were able to overcome the suppression and oppression of the French...with Voudoun...a tool that AA refuse to honor because YT says its taboo -- yeah, taboo against them:

...because it is not their ancestors who wait ready to help in the next dimension, but rather ours...!:geek:

Ase'

In the Spirit of Sankofa

that it is in English. Short and to the point though. I'd say the Haitians are in need of some new prayers; such desperate living conditions for most of them.
They must be offending some God(s) with the atrocities they bring upon their womben and children.

May I ask what is the source for this archive

phynxofkmt,

Once again phynxofkmt, powerful and profound insignt is offered as a blessing to us in your words. A true gift from God/Creator... Peace In my sister friend, for real!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back