Black Spirituality Religion : The Prayer That Started the Haitian Revolution

Onyemobi

Jun 19, 2007
Washington DC MetropolitanArea
Occupation
Artist
This prayer, from the ceremony that took place on August 22, 1791 at Bwa Kayiman, which has been traditionally been ascribed to Boukman Dutty, is considered the beginning of the Haitian Revolution. As you read it, you will realize that this prayer still holds just as true today as it did back in 1791. We as a people definitely need another Bwa Kayiman session to get back on the right track.

"The god who created the earth; who created the sun that gives us light.The god who holds up the ocean; who makes the thunder roar. Our God who has ears to hear. You who are hidden in the clouds; who watch us from where you are. You see all that the white has made us suffer. The white man's god asks him to commit crimes. But the god within us wants to do good. Our god, who is so good, so just, He orders us to revenge our wrongs. It's He who will direct our arms and bring us the victory. It's He who will assist us. We all should throw away the image of the white men's god who is so pitiless. Listen to the voice for liberty that sings in all our hearts."

boukman.jpg

Keita Kenyatta

Feb 7, 2004
Obviously this prayer is hidden or tucked away from them today....or it has been supplanted with one that the white man has created to their benefit and not ours, which is usually the case at hand.

Onyemobi

Jun 19, 2007
Washington DC MetropolitanArea
Occupation
Artist
that it is in English. Short and to the point though. I'd say the Haitians are in need of some new prayers; such desperate living conditions for most of them.
They must be offending some God(s) with the atrocities they bring upon their womben and children.

May I ask what is the source for this archive

I saw it in a dvd, and googled the name Boukman Dutty.

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Healthcare Provider
TMLOK....

most "not" all Haitians carry the traditions of their ancestors in worship.

I know they were able to overcome the suppression and oppression of the French...with Voudoun...a tool that AA refuse to honor because YT says its taboo -- yeah, taboo against them:

...because it is not their ancestors who wait ready to help in the next dimension, but rather ours...!:geek:

Ase'

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa

that it is in English. Short and to the point though. I'd say the Haitians are in need of some new prayers; such desperate living conditions for most of them.
They must be offending some God(s) with the atrocities they bring upon their womben and children.

May I ask what is the source for this archive

phynxofkmt,

Once again phynxofkmt, powerful and profound insignt is offered as a blessing to us in your words. A true gift from God/Creator... Peace In my sister friend, for real!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : ELCA faces criticism for posting prayer to 'Mother God' on Facebook, Twitter Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump's prayer breakfast jibes jolt many faith leaders Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
H Black Spirituality Religion : prayer life Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: The Temptations - The Lord's Prayer (Paul Singing Lead) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : PRAYER CHANGES THINGS--Thompson Community Choir Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : O'Jay's, A Prayer (with lyrics) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Georgia school shooting averted by a brave bookkeeper – and prayer Black People Doing Positive Things 29
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama P Black People Politics 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Dionne Warwick I Say A Little Prayer 1967 Original Million Seller Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsVeraisblessed Black People : Shots fired in Creflo Dollars church during prayer Black People Open Forum 23
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Heka - Obosom (Deity) of Ritual Prayer Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
thePreacher Black Spirituality Religion : What did Jesus teach about public prayer? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
ckoolbreez Black Christians : A Simple Prayer Christian Study Group 15
Khasm13 Khasm13 : The power of prayer...lol Khasm13 4
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Tonight's prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : The Prayer - Donnie McClurkin w/ Yolanda Adams Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Albertina Walker - I Can Go To God In Prayer Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
lilpea Black Sports : Prayer for Da CHICAGO BEARS Black Sports 16
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Lost Children Of Egypt - Where Every Breath Is A Prayer Black Entertainment 0
N Black Spirituality Religion : PRAYER, MEDITATION AND HIPHOP Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
cherryblossom Black Christians : The Prayer of Jabez Christian Study Group 3
river Black Jokes Humor : The Calorie Counters' Prayer Black Jokes Humor 2
Writspirit Black People : Prayer Request Black People Open Forum 3
asimplepoet Black Haiku : Prayer for strength Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
RAPTOR African Traditional Religion : Boukman’s Prayer African Traditional Religion Study Group 22
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Morning Prayer 2010 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Monetary Black Spirituality Religion : Hannah's Prayer Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
cherryblossom Black People : Please Say A Prayer... Black People Open Forum 4
P Black People : A Prayer for those who have lost family at 9/11 Black People Open Forum 0
asimplepoet Black Poetry : My humble prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa concept of prayer and sorcery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
asimplepoet Black Poetry : My nightly prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
B Poetry Critiques : The Crying Child's Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Today's Morning Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
asimplepoet Black Poetry : This morning's prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
asimplepoet Black Jokes Humor : A Child's Prayer... Black Jokes Humor 3
Tariq Muhammad Black Spirituality Religion : Prayer of Empowerment Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Morning Prayer 2009 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Morning Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 43
PatriceCQueen Black Poetry : Prayer Circle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
C Black Poetry : Flower's Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Oh Lord I Pray De’ Brother’s Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER......Vaniku Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Prayer is the answer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
D Black Ancestors : Slave father prayer Honoring Black Ancestors 8
G Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus Lied About Prayer Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
L Black Spirituality Religion : The power of prayer in ATR: taking Esu to work Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
L Quiet Poetry Lounge : A House Without Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : Christmas Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Akan Prayer For the Ancestors (Nananom Nsamanfo) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7