Black People : The Power of the Media

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

I've been thinking again ... and i thunk ... do we know just how powerful the media is?

Do you realize they could tell us that some part of the country (or world) has been bombed or devastated, and we'd not know any more than what they said.

We've all seen movies that depict such scenes, so it would not be difficult for them to present this "evidence" to everyone who has a television or radio.

All communications would be stopped. Of course this would not be their fault, it would be due to the "catastrophe." Phone calls couldn't be made to the areas that were hit, or even outside of your own area ... ya know ... the damage was so great that it hindered all communications "temporarily."

We'd be told to stay in our homes, don't go out, sirens blaring throughout the city ... the whole nine ... as cities and states would respond to higher government requests / demands.

I've heard some suggest that we are moving to such a day. The great power outage experienced recently in this country, where a great portion of the nation was without power ... virtually shutdown ... a grid or something ... remember that yall? Some have suggested that this, and situations like this, are simply to prepare us mentally for that day ... to see how we respond to "trial runs." I heard that California had a "blackout" yesterday. Brother OldSoul would say it was a "whiteout," but yall know what i mean.

Even the Gulf Coast disaster ... most folk in this country are depending totally on the media for information regarding this. While i happen to be down here, and have witnessed some of the devastation first hand, how easy would it be for a "movie" like this, to be made? All of this could be produced on film to manipulate us. There probably is a movie like it already, somewhere.

Some have said that the walks on the moon were done right here on Earth. We don't know the difference. Whether they were actually on the moon or in some movie studio. We simply have to trust the information being presented, and overwhelmingly, most do. So we are already "programmed" to believe whatever we see in the media (television, radio, newspapers, etc.).

Do you realize how easy it would be for the media (those who control it), to tell us anything, and we immediately act on it ... because we virtually have no choice?

Imagine, we wake up in the morning (Lord Will'n), and they have all television channels announcing that 1/2 of this country has been bombed by terrorists. They have images of devastation being broadcast (a movie). If you are on the left side of that half, you're told that the right side was bombed ... and of course ... if you're on the right side, you're told that the left side was bombed. They must enact martial law to gain control, drastically changing life as we know it forever. When nothing has really happened at all.

I think of the book "1984" by George Orwell. The government told them about the wars, manipulated the information, made the world be what they wanted it to be.

How far will those who are in control go, to remain in control?

Am i becoming a conspiracy theorist or is this reasonable, rational thinking?

Can one seriously consider such things as the above, and remain a rational thinking person?

:heart:

Destee

2. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Destee, you are so right with this and actually it has been proven.

Maybe you’ve heard mention of War of The Worlds’ which was a radio production in 1938 by Orson Wells about martians invading earth. Well!! The country was in a PANIC. Here's the link:

http://www.transparencynow.com/welles.htm

This type of scenario is very easy to pull off because IMO most people will believe anything if it’s presented to them by people with whom they identify.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    That is very correct; the APOLLO 13 mission was a big hoax, and I have info to prove it.

I did a science project on it back in the 9th grade, where I dug up tons of info on it (the events after project were more "intriguing" than the project itself, IMO).

That is one of the biggest lies ever told, along side 9/11.

PEACE

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    PEACE,

this is right on point Des, as most people in the media (positions of power anyway) are members of the "Tri-lateral Commission" & "Council on Foreighn Relations" who are there to give "the people" mis-information about what is really going on.

"APOLLO 13"?? what happened to 1-12? THey say the "13th" was succussful which is funny because the #13 is also one of their most important Masonic degrees which is why it is all over the $1 bill..............

Check out a movie called "Wag the Dog" (if you have never seen it b4) it is about how wars can be produced on Tv. Starring Robert Deniro, Dustan Hoffman & I think Al Pacino..............

-exactly Des & they apply the same tactics in regards to giing the world religion!!

peace and love sis!!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thank you all for sharing ... i was beginning to think i was going over the edge!

Sister Riada ... i read the link you shared ... man oh man oh man ... it says (basically) the same thing i'm saying above. One part i read did make me laugh though. During the Orson Welles skit, the broadcaster was describing how the martians looked ... and he said ...

:lol: ... that is so funnee to me !!! lol

We know those martians weren't Black!

lol @ rimless lips!

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Family ... what is our defense from this?

Destee

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think as long as we stay in a country that is spending the majority of it's time and resources trying to dumb down the public, there is no defense. One thing that would help would be a black-owned television station that will report the truth no matter what the cost. Other than that, we are at the mercy of television and the media, because most Americans get all of their information from them. Media is the biggest influence. Through propoganda and flat-out lies, they have shaped the minds of millions of people and will continue to do so.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    In addition to what Brother KENTE stated, we as a peoplewill have to adopt an INTERNATIONAL perspective, if we wish to rid ourselves of the disease of media exploitation.

Black people in America think far too locally, instead of Globally. We only concern ourselves with what is going on in our immediate vicinities (cities, states, neighborhoods, etc).

Tell a Black American about Africa or Asia, and they look at you like you just said "MARS or URANUS". Meanwhile, the real world, and all the goings-on therein, continue to pass us by.

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Continued.....

Make no mistake, this was the agenda to begin with. Keep a people ignorant, and you can not only exploit them, but make them oblivious to the fact that they are being exploited.

We need to create and allign ourselves with various means of international communication. This includes some extensive traveling.

One of the best ways to prove the so-called "news" that we are being spoon-fed here, is to travel to various places in question, and see it for ourselves.

You'd be surprised, as to how much of the "AIDS crisis in Africa" and "Dictatorships in Asia" is an outright LIE.

The information is waiting for you, my people.

PEACE

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family ... another thought ...

With media (information) being spoon-fed to us ... how do we stand so strongly on that which we believe is "truth?"

Destee