Black People : The Power of Religion OverThe Lives ofAfrican/Black People

Keita Kenyatta

Feb 7, 2004
I have a few associates that I see from time to time. One brother is from Nigeria and is a Muslim. The other brother is from Ghana and is a Muslim also. I also have a few associates who are Christian, Jehovah's witness, a Nation of Islam Muslim and a Catholic. I have tried on many occasions to get five or six of them in a room to simply have general discussions pertaining to the reality of our people in the world.During the course of our conversations, we all generally acknowledged the impact of integration upon our people in America. We equally acknowledged the impact of slavery upon our people and the idea that we as a people have never actually been healed from that trauma and historical nightmare that we are an extension of.

As our dialog began to take some serious form, I was pleasantly surprised by a few of them in terms of how they saw our situation as they began connecting the dots of the past to the present. Finally I had to open my big mouth and ask them what role did they see religion having in all that has happened to and with our people? This million dollar question soon had everyone present attempting to defend, uphold and highlight what their religion did or did not do as it relates to our reality, almost as if they viewed my question as an attack upon them. I sat back for perhaps 45 minutes doing nothing but listening and taking in the amount of passion and emotion that each person had as it pertained to their religion or their beliefs. As I saw the fires burning in that room, I decided to throw some gasoline on the fire by asking them How would it affect you if you suddenly were to find out that everything you practice and believe in is wrong?

This one simple question was so powerful that for close to 10 or 15 seconds there was utter silence in the room...almost as if I had snatched a piece of their very lives away by even daring to ask this question that they not only were never asked before but that they themselves never consciously or subconsciously ever thought about. Here are the facts;There are over 73 different divisions in Islam and 72 different divisions in Christianity. That alone is 145 different divisions and ideological religious concepts just with those two religions alone. What this means is that there will never be any unified thought processes or movements by those people because division has already been created within their religions to keep them viewing themselves separately regardless of what they may collectively be going through. That is power. What it's really called is Divide and Conquer and our people are all caught up in it.

Lets just for the sake of this writing say that Jesus was real and that what exist in the Bible WAS TRUE. Here is the hypocrisy of our people; 1. We shun and run from the truth when their book via Jesus tells them that; There is nothing hidden that shall not be known or revealed. Yet when it is revealed and it runs counter to their conditioning you, we or anyone doing the revealing is taken to be something close to the ANTI-CHRIST. 2. We want to love everybody and can not discern or shun those among us who mean us no good...and yet the very Jesus they claim to follow and believe in clearly lets them know that; He did not come to bring peace but a sword. He came to turn the father against the son, the daughter against the mother..etc....yet we are expected to somehow be better than the very Jesus they claim to believe in....meaning; Don't do as Jesus did.

Yet when we, you, I or anyone else comes along doing the very same thing that their Jesus who they claim to believe in said that he came to do...we are again viewed as something close to the ANTI-CHRIST...and the only thing that can possibly turn family members against each other is the truth or the revealing of what has been hidden....which they are making so very clear that they do not want to hear. 3. So are All Black brothers and sisters my brothers and sisters? Hell To The No!! Would all these black brothers and sisters have been the brothers and sisters of their so called prophets that they claim to believe in? Hell to the No!!..for it is their so called prophets who informed them that: My Brothers and Sisters Are Those Who Believe As I Believe. But once again, we, you, I or anyone else who comes along speaking as their prophets spoke is somehow viewed as something close to the ANT-CHRIST. At least we, you, I or anyone else is not doing as their so called prophets did that they believe in...cause their prophets were physically taking off heads with their swords.

In our quest for freedom we have stumbling blocks before us and they are Black. How do we deal with them?...cause given the chance they would surely reveal that they have no issues when it comes to dealing with us and it has been demonstrated over and over again in our history. The greatest and strongest among us have been done in by Black people...the same black people that we are supposed to love, embrace, support and defend.

Any mechanism of belief that keeps our people divided and subjected to others can not on any basis be a mechanism for us to embrace in our quest to be free. In the words of Bookman who led the Haitian revolution and was the only country in the Western world to defeat Napolean...He told them that very night; Let Go Of Your White God and You Shall Be Free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Psychological Power Religion Has Over The Mind Of Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Religion And The Power of deception It Has Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Power Of Religion Chief Elder Osiris 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Power Rankings Sunken Place Edition: Top 10 Black Folks who’ve lost the most since Donald Trump left office Black People Politics 0
R Black Poetry : Boo you have cake and a voice but have to make a choice have the power of choosing and shower and cruising to the club, wow my plans are great like ca Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Millions of Texas households are still without power in a brutally cold winter storm. What went wrong? Black Health and Wellness 21
T Black Poetry : Exchange of Power Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Women : Black Women, Grillz, And The Reclamation Of Power Black Women 0
Ms Drea Black Entertainment : Tony Allen:Afro-Beat Drummer Rest in Power Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Issa Rae's Pro-Black Agenda Fights the White Power Structure Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : The enduring power of Gloria Gaynor’s ‘I Will Survive,’ 40 years after it made Grammy history Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black People : TWEET EMAIL CALIFORNIA LEGISLATION New California laws 2020: Minimum wage, power outages, more rules changing in 2020 Black People Open Forum 0
T African American History Culture : Black Power, White Privilege : The Anomie of Authority & Opportunity African American History Culture 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : The Power of One Push-Up Black Health and Wellness 0
O Black People Politics : The State of Power 2019 Black People Politics 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤The Material Foundations of Political Power in the Zulu Kingdom, 1857-1878 Black People Politics 0
Perfection Chad : In Context Series: Power and Slavery in Central Africa: Chad (1890-1925) Chad 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ◄Studies in Black Power►Black Power in the Caribbean Black People Politics 2
Perfection Black People Politics : ◄Studies in Black Power►The Concept of Black Power--Its Continued Relevance Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ◄Studies in Black Power►The Political Economy of Black Power Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ◄Studies in Black Power►Black Women and Black Power Black People Politics 2
MicTheory Black People Politics : Embracing Tiny Houses,Solar Power, & Electric Vehicles is Economic Power Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : These words soar and tower by turning on more power can Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Like a wicked king I kick it with bling but an abuse of power make cruise for an hour in drop top t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : REST IN POWER... Thank you Jay Z & Beyonce Chevron Dove 0
R Black Poetry : been in nations where inflation grew enough to do stuff to the buying power of the dollar took a sho Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : BLM's Alicia Garza Launches Census Project To Mobilize Black Political Power Black People Doing Positive Things 1
OldSoul Black People : The Black Power Mixtape 1967 1975 Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : PUNCHLINES #2 (A Comedy) you have no power in your head if whackness was a flowerbed // you'll be in Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mister Aten Black People : The power of "Non-Violence". Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : HE SAID Shower in juice with the power to produce a path of suds from here // to the bathtub and fac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Angola : Angola gets new president after 38 years, but its outgoing leader and family still cling to power Angola 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Fight The Power Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black Power my new book AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Yvette Carnell: Black Spending Power Is an Illusion, but the Racial Wealth Gap is Real Black People Politics 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: You Got No Power Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : High court limits president's power to fill temporary posts Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Sports : Simone Biles – Black Power In Every Muscle Black Sports 0
Al D Black People : THE POWER OF INFLUENCE (POTUS ELECTION 2016) Black People Open Forum 0
nilevalley Black People : Be a part of the healing power of nature Black People Open Forum 4
chuck African American History Culture : What Do Recall About The Era Of Black Power After The Civil War? African American History Culture 0
Al D Black People : How great is the power of a word/Struggle or Mission Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : 2016 Nielsen Report: Black Buying Power Has Reached Tipping Point, But How Will Black America Levera Black Money Business Jobs 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Newark Mayor Ras Baraka Ushers In Change With “Power, Politics & Community Reinvestment Summit” Black People Politics 2
HODEE Black People Politics : WE HAVE (1) TRILLION DOLLAR BUYING POWER Black People Politics 7
rico love Black Poetry : Power of love! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : The Black American Power Players Shaping Culture Today Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Al D Black People : KNOWLEDGE IS POWER Black People Open Forum 2
Omowale Jabali Black Ancestors : Rest In Power Dr. Frances Cress Welsing Honoring Black Ancestors 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Missouri situation shows power of sports to bring enormous change Black Sports 16