Black Spirituality Religion : The Pope

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

I've been watching the news, and he's all over it.

I'm wondering ... why does the Pope get so much attention like this?

Is he not a man, like any other man?

:heart:

Destee

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    It just got reported Destee. The pope has died.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    wow ... God Bless him Brother HODEE ...

God Bless Us All.

But i still wanna know ... why does this position warrant the majesty bestowed upon it?

:heart:

Destee

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    That man has been a walking corpes for years. Now that Terri Shiavo is dead, they need something to talk about. Ironic that he's on a feeding tube also. What good has the pope done besides travel the world in a daze, waving to people? Where was he when all those little boys were getting their booty's touched?

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I don't know Sister Destee! One would think he was Jesus himself by all the recognition and consideration he gets. I'm gonna look into it sis and see what I can come up with.

Yanno Brother kente, when I saw him waving and coughin from the hospital window, I was like, why won't those people just let him die? I could see clearly that he was ready to go. I told my daughter that he must be real frustrated. Here he is ready to move on and those darn catholics keep praying for him to live.

I don't fully know the obligations of being a Pope, but I hope he can rest in peace now.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace sister Destee,

I wish him well on his journey..........but I believe this position get's so much attention because of the wicked foundation it is built on. The church is so aligned with the world rulers & decision makers that it's followers are in awe all around the world and believe whomever holds this position is the "vicar son of god" which said in Latin is "Vicariuos Filei Dei" which are Roman Numerals & when added up they equal 666.........Now I know some don't subscribe to these mathematic equations but there is so much evidence to back this up.

Fear - I believe is how it came about if we go back to around 300 or even before that, but we can follow Emporer Constantine & how the people under him were forced into submission by the Roman Army to give praise to the church & believe that the pope is god's vecegerant on Earth. & as these people raised their kids they Forced it onto their kids & here are those same followers today.........This is why I say there is more than one kind of spirit becasue as soon as this guy shows up people just start crying and jumping around as if they just caught the 'holy ghost", but just one problem with that, this guy is not holy.........

Not too many know that he used to be a Cyanide agent (murderer) in Poland & ran to the church after the war as he was running for his life. There he became the youngest bishop ever in church history. A month later the current pope was killed. (talk about perfect timing) & this guy became the pope!

just my humble opinion

peace my sista!!

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I was thinking the same thing. They keep proping him up and dressing him in those get-ups, as if he doesn't need a break. A sad way to spend his last days. Let the man go. I bet they keep shocking him back from death. Remember on "What's Love Got To Do With It". Ike said, "If you die, I'll kill you". They're probably telling the pope the same thing. They probably have his next tour already set.

8. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
  9. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Oh Father forgive me! I'm trying desperately not to laugh. The truth is I have no concern for nobodies Pope! I hope I haven't insulted anyone! Kente that was off the hook. I'm gonna have to do alot of reflecting on this.

10. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Destee

I was thinking about the stature given to politians attorneys and presidents the other day. They do not deserve what is afforded them.

The pope or religion never ( get questioned in or ) crossed my mind. But he has been given the stature as well. For me to question the stature of a religious figure is different for me from criticize a president, politician or anyone else.

It’s to close to GOD for me.

Millions do flock to stand below hi s window. Now I wouldn’t do that. Nor would I give religious figure praise above complimenting them for their works and effort to help others find peace thru religious practice.

I open my door to Jehovah Witnesses, and spend time chatting with them about the differences I know and see with their religion and Baptist like me. I say let all be and believe and follow whom they choose.

The extra attention afforded him is because he has millions that go to Rome just to see him wave.

He did speak to Bush and say the war in Iraq was wrong, but if the world and America is going to believe and have the faith in him that they do. I say... he should his predecessor should say. Practice what I preach or practice what you know and preach.