Black Women : The Poet Of Purpose

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by cherryblossom, Apr 6, 2011.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    RuNett Nia Ebo, Poet of Purpose

Some of her fellow poets call her one of the most bootlegged poet in the USA!
    This author has been writing poetry for over 45+ years.

She has work published in a number of anthologies and a variety of local newspapers and other publications. She has self published 9 books of poetry. Linked 2 Me 4 U 2 C.

Poet Ebo has also written lyrics for several pieces of gospel sheet music (with her mother, Evangelist E. V. Ebo), including "God Will Forgive You If You Pray" ©86 which was released on the album, "Hallelujah."

She has written a children's play, a fiction story- All For You (by Ebonia) and she co-produced a CD- Black On Purpose with her friend DJ. Poems from that CD can be heard on this site!

She has been a guest on several local (PA and NJ) radio programs, appeared on television and on stage at the African American Museum. Her signature poem, Lord Why Did You Make Me Black? ©1994, has provided her with much noteriety (both positive and *negative). In addition to being the title of one of her own books; this work is featured in Chicken Soup for the African American Soul ©2004 by Lisa Nichols, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen and a book entitled, The Blackest Land - The Whitest People ©2006 by Brenda Huey....

http://www.poetebo.com/

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    great post!

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    wow, Sister Butterfly#1, thanks for the thanks! (lol)

I had forgotten all about this post.

Thank you for RE-reminding me of this wonderful woman! :toast:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sister Lucy Runett Nia Ebo