REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
clip_image001.gif
HOW Obama’s Poem links to his house visits with Frank Davis:

His real father

Pop (written in 1981 at Occidental College issue of Feast recalling his visit to Frank Davis house in 1979 before he left for college)

By Barack Obama

Sitting in his seat, a seat broad and broken

In, sprinkled with ashes,

Pop switches channels, takes another

Shot of Seagrams, neat, and asks

(neat=straight whiskey) [this opening line matches “Hesitation blues Frank Davis loved to recite]

What to do with me, a green young man

Who fails to consider the

Flim and flam of the world, since

Things have been easy for me;

I stare hard at his face, a stare

That deflects off his brow;

I'm sure he's unaware of his

Dark, watery eyes, that

Glance in different directions,

And his slow, unwelcome twitches,

Fail to pass.

I listen, nod,

Listen, open, till I cling to his pale,

Beige T-shirt, yelling,

Yelling in his ears, that hang

With heavy lobes, but he's still telling

His joke, so I ask why

He's so unhappy, to which he replies . . .

But I don't care anymore, cause

He took too **** long, and from

Under my seat, I pull out the

Mirror I've been saving; I'm laughing,

(mirror for a line of cocaine?)

Laughing loud, the blood rushing from his face

To mine, as he grows small,

A spot in my brain, something

That may be squeezed out, like a

Watermelon seed between

Two fingers.

Pop takes another shot, neat, [Neat means straight without water or ice]

Points out the same amber

Stain on his shorts that I've got on mine and

Makes me smell his smell, coming [In book he smells the breath of Davis]

From me; he switches channels, recites an old poem

He wrote before his mother died, [Gramps mom died when he was 8 in 1926 Davis was 20 in 1925 and he wrote poems in high school and college]

Stands, shouts, and asks

For a hug, as I shink, my [This hug is called embrace with Old man in Dreams from my Father p302 Shink =literally means “to be hit in the face with a penis”]

("shink" can mean in urban slang to become awkward.)

Arms barely reaching around

His thick, oily neck, and his broad back; 'cause [ Black men have oily necks not white]

I see my face, framed within

Pop's black-framed glasses

And know he's laughing too.

-- Barack Obama

Barack calls Frank, Gramps and Obama the first “Old Man”

The first four lines of “Pop” are similar to a poem Frank Marshall Davis loved to recite “Hesitation Blues” by W.C Handy from which may have been repeated to Obama:

“Ashes to Ashes

Dust to Dust

Whiskey to drink

And good booty to bust…” (Living the Blues p.72)

Note: the poem “Pop” may be a typological allusion to a line from “47th street” poem of Davis:

“…At 47th street intersections

In Chicago’s Congo

Caucasian faces peer momentairily

In curious contempt

Then turn back to ‘Orphan Annie,” “Popeye”… (Obama “Pop” poem alludes his father’s eyes he calls “hooded eyes” in his book and of course Obama’s mother name is Ann)

Unconsciously sure of superiority

Within furnished apartment minds

As the green buses snort (Obama’s “Pop” poem states he’s green and goes on to say he snorts cocaine later)

From gasoline spurs

Then gallop on….”

It is of my opinion and several others like, Jack Cashill & Cliff Kincaid and a host of others, believe that Frank Davis either wrote “Pop” or worked on with Obama. Obama already admitted in his book Dreams From my father that Davis and Obama worked on writing dirty poetry together. ‘As the night wore on, the two of them (Davis & gramps) would solicit my help in composing dirty limericks” p.77

IV. Dreams By Frank Marshall Davis

Are children

Who come at night

To play make-believe

Notes:

This is what I thought when I read Dreams from my Father by Obama

If we now turn back to Barack Obama book Dreams from my (so-called) Father we can picture Barack over Frank Davis house sitting in his chair (seat) listening discuss problems and listening to him recite poetry.

Barack goes over Frank Davis house to discuss a problem his granddad had with his maid by being scared of a blackman. “It took me a while to recognize the house…I could see Frank sitting in his overstuffed chair, a book of poetry in his lap, his reading glasses slipping down his nose…Want a drink? He asked me. I nodded and watched him pull down a bottle of whiskey….I told frank some of what happened he nodded and poured us each a shot….He told me once about a black girl they hired to look after your mother….Frank wasn’t watching me; his eyes were closed now, his head leaning against the back of his chair… frank said quietly. He’s basically a good man. But he doesn’t know me anymore than he knew that girl that looked after your mother. He can’t know me, not the way I know him. Maybe some of these Hawaiians can, or the Indians on the reservation. They’ve seen their fathers humiliated. Their mothers desecrated. But your grandfather will never know what that feels like. That’s why he can come over here and drink my whiskey and fall asleep in that chair you’re sitting in right now” (p.89-90)

Another quote from Obama’s book also helps to set the stage for his Poem “Pops” which is basically recalling his past visits over Frank’s house:

A poet named frank…gramps once showed me some of his work anthologized in a book of black poetry…he would read us his poetry whenever we stopped by his house, sharing whiskey with gramps out of an emptied jelly jar…I was intrigued by old Frank, with his books and whiskey breath and the hint of hard-earned knowledge behind the hooded eyes (p.76-77).

Obama didn’t inherit his writing skills to his grandfather Stanley “Gramps”. So we must ask who did he get his writing from. I once thought it was Obama SR. when I wrote a review for a book on Obama I had said:

“One can see the imprint of his mother and maternal grandmother in almost every aspect of his character”. Then we also see on the white side his grandfather Stanley Dunham his “motions and gestures”. But the nature of his brainpower comes from Obama Sr, the Blackman from Africa who came to America and graduated from Harvard. Like father like son the Obama’s came out of USA’s finest school with flying colors. However Stanley wasn’t into hitting the books he was a truant when it came to academics deficiencies. He wanted to party and ******** while at the U of Cali @ Berkeley. He was basically siting and pissing on his GI bill returning home from WWII.”

We were all tricked and fooled “Pop” was Frank Davis the poet and journalist.

Barack’s other poem sound the same as “Pop”. This poem below was written in 1978/1979 while at Punahou High School in Hawaii. With brackets to the side I will insert similar language he writes from Pop:

I saw an old, forgotten man [ called old poet & Old Man in Dreams from my Father p301-302]

On an old, forgotten road. [Obama’s so-called Kenya father died in a car accident in 1982 at the age of 46 so he wasn’t an “old man like Frank Davis dying in 1987 at 82 is an Old man)

Staggering and numb under the glare of the [unwelcome twitches]

Spotlight. His eyes, so dull and grey [Dark watery Eyes]

Slide from right to left, to right [Glare in different directions]

Looking for his life, misplaced in a

Shallow, muddy gutter long ago.

I am found, instead.

Seeking a hiding place, the night seals us together.

A transient spark lights his face, and in my honor,

He pulls out forgotten dignity from under his flaking coat,

And walks a straight line along the crooked world. [Flim and flam of the world]

Clearly he’s talking about his father as the old man because they share the same language as in “Pop”. Frank Davis is Obama’s alleged father. He was a poet and journalist. He wrote a book called “Sex Rebel” under a pen name of Bob Greene an abbreviated version of Robert Green Ingersoll adding an E to Green (1833-1899), the chief agnostic of his time having an impact on Davis grandfather and subsequently Davis too. In “Sex Rebel” Davis admits he’s bi-sexual and had sex with a 13 year old that looks 16 named “Anne”. Take the E off and we have the same name as Obama’s mother. Ann hired a transvestite to be Obama’s nanny and later in life a Larry Sinclair says he had sex with Obama. Another peer from Hawaii Mia Marie Pope went on record to say that Obama was gay and had sex with old white men to get drugs.

Then we have below Davis poem to ANNE Obama’s mother.

ANNE

By Frank Marshall Davis in Black Moods p.212

In the gangling hours

Thin, adolescent hours

Before night runs softly

Away into the west

Anne rises wearily

From her tired bed

And sleeps

Sitting in a chair.

Notes:

Is this the same Anne that was cited in Sex Rebel:Black Chapter 7 from Bob Greene (F. Davis) who said she was 13 but looked 15/16 and possibly the same Ann, the mother of

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back