Pan-Africanism : The Parable of the Leather Bag

Thoth

Apr 25, 2020
A white man finds a leather bag in the corner. The bag does not belong to him. He opens the bag and reaches inside. He pulls out gold and diamonds. He reaches inside a second time and pulls out spices and sauces. He reaches in again and pulls out instruments and crafts. And yet again he reaches in and pulls out ancient books and maps of stars. His house now full of riches he can no longer find anything else inside the bag.
He gets angry. He begins to curse the bag. He throws the bag against the wall. He stomps and spits on the bag. Then he gives the wealth and riches to his family and friends. When asked where they got their wealth and riches the grandchildren of the man said their grandfather found a bag that did not belong to him and took the wealth from the bag, but they had nothing to do with it. When asked if they would give back the wealth they had they said 'No.'.
One day the old man heard a noise from inside the bag. He unzipped the bag and listened. He heard nothing. He looked in the bag and saw nothing. He reached in the bag and felt nothing. Then he put the bag to his ear again and listened intently. Then he heard a voice say, 'Get in.'.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
A white man finds a leather bag in the corner. The bag does not belong to him. He opens the bag and reaches inside. He pulls out gold and diamonds. He reaches inside a second time and pulls out spices and sauces. He reaches in again and pulls out instruments and crafts. And yet again he reaches in and pulls out ancient books and maps of stars. His house now full of riches he can no longer find anything else inside the bag.
He gets angry. He begins to curse the bag. He throws the bag against the wall. He stomps and spits on the bag. Then he gives the wealth and riches to his family and friends. When asked where they got their wealth and riches the grandchildren of the man said their grandfather found a bag that did not belong to him and took the wealth from the bag, but they had nothing to do with it. When asked if they would give back the wealth they had they said 'No.'.
One day the old man heard a noise from inside the bag. He unzipped the bag and listened. He heard nothing. He looked in the bag and saw nothing. He reached in the bag and felt nothing. Then he put the bag to his ear again and listened intently. Then he heard a voice say, 'Get in.'.

Love the parable, it speaks to the raping of African civilization and the plight of racism, thus, the continual raping of African Americans and others of Reparations, but I'm little puzzle of the ending:

Then he put the bag to his ear again and listened intently. Then he heard a voice say, 'Get in.'.

How can he get in, is the bag now his death bed?

Thoth

Apr 25, 2020
The bag represents the state of being that Black folks have dealt with and now it's the white man's turn to experience that.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The bag represents the state of being that Black folks have dealt with and now it's the white man's turn to experience that.

Makes sense, since the bag is now empty, cursed, stomped and spit on; not to mention the high number of Africans that died before, during and subsequent of the transatlantic slave trade.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
The leather bag is Mother Earth.
Even as the white man has despoiled her she beckons back, 'come to me as all must.'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Dispute with stoicism in the parable of the Rich man and lazarus AACOOLDRE 0
Kemetstry Black People : Parable Black People Open Forum 1
F Black People : The financial parable of 10 virgins Black People Open Forum 0
K Black People : The Parable Of The SanPaper and The Wood Black People Open Forum 2
M Black People : What is your opinion on this parable Black People Open Forum 12
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Five loaves and Two Fishes Parable AACOOLDRE 5
A Black Poetry : You are supernatural sexy, beyond beautiful. Your sexy dark skin has conquered my heart. Leather is like a black gem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
A Black Poetry : Amber leather Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsInterpret Black People : Are you against wearing Furs and Leather? Black People Open Forum 18
S Black Poetry : Silky Wigs & Leather Sideburns Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : Rip Through Leather Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Chyko Black People : “I Can Never Understand A Broke Woman That Want A Chanel Bag As A Gift” – Meek Mill Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : Got facts and brag and use a sack or bag to tote these quotes and collect fees from folks need a honey with pie and a money supply see a girl want cak Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Liberty Food Discussion : This Doritos bag plays 'Guardians of the Galaxy' music Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Clyde C Coger Jr The Police : California Highway Patrol Beats Barefoot Bag Lady and she receives 1.5 million dollar settlement Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 24
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies Black Health and Wellness 0
dunwiddat Black People Politics : Obama on the bag Black People Politics 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Phony Brown Bag Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Trick Bag! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
U Black Relationships : I don't want to be a bag lady.... Black Relationships 3
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : “Bag of Tricks” Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Poetry : Trow away bag (this is how i feld last week) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
A Black Jokes Humor : mixed bag Black Jokes Humor 2
Joyce Black Haiku : A Bag Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black Poetry : Lettin the Kittie out tha bag... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
blakverb Black Poetry : In A Brown Paper Bag Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
W Black Poetry : plastic bag babies - a tribute Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12