Black People : The Pain of Mothers In Nigeria

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Apr 30, 2014.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    [​IMG]
    April 29, 2014: An unidentified mother cries out during a demonstration with others who have daughters among the kidnapped school girls of government secondary school Chibok in Abuja, Nigeria. (AP)

2. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Some of the students who escaped have started writing their physics exam. This is such a sad thing. Christians who kill Muslims and vice versa......crazy crazy. A report stated that they have been given as wives to member of Boko Horam. This is similar to what the white folks did, force our people against their will... Regardless of what sympathies we have for the Boko Horam this behaviour is obnoxious to say the least. ( I know many will cite the former colonial masters for the problems of Africa ) but this is the 21st Century and this madness has to stop.

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This kind of trouble started way back during the conquest and colonization of Africa. Settler’s colonialism is the root of many problem Africa face IMO. Algeria, and Tunisia are good examples of how Europeans formed a colony, and shipped it’s surplus population there due to the social problems Europe was facing.

Peace!

4. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Someone starts a fire and it up to us to put it out...else it will continue to burn and no one will be saved.

Enki I understand what you are saying. But should it continue. Africans are not robots. This is time to move on...blaming someone consistently for our problems cannot continue. Africans emigrate to the US and do something positive with their lives. This slaughtering and destruction MUST STOP.

On another note, who supplies the African groups with their military hardware, guns, etc. the white folks...money is made from the destruction of black folks. Blacks must come to grips with reality. What legacy is being left for our children and grandchildren. This to me seems like a cop out. It is like saying that ALL the problems of African American can be blamed on white supremacy.

I

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution........

6. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    It is easier to say that than for black folks to begin doing something for themselves.
    Why is it that Immigrants to the USA can achieve. I would think that they would face more racism. Something just aint clicking.:(

Nigerian Prof. makes history in US, heads Ivy League school

http://acaportal.blogspot.com/2013/06/nigerian-prof-makes-history-in-us-heads.html#ixzz30QFW6h8b

Eric Holder the Attorney General of the USA..his parents were born here in Barbados and emigrated to the USA. He grasped a golden opportunity for a good education.

One of our natives from here is a Professor at MIT.

James it is time to do and not just talk.

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    You are correct sista, but what we are seeing is how that practice has morphed, and manifested into what we are seeing today. When these false borders were carved out, they over wrote natural boarders that these tribes had established ages ago. Then you have the imperatives of capitalist industrialization which was, and is the primary motivation for European intrusion into Africa. It's all a matter of economics. And lets not forget the asserted effort of the Europeans, along with the help of some blacks to keep Africa in a dependent state.

Me personally thinks they should kick every white large business owner out, and start over. Then say, you can build here, but we own it, not you. Debeers is the first name that comes to mind. We can't over look these factors, and many others also.

Peace!

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    so it is your belief that ONLY immigrants excel? really?

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Also, when they come over here they quickly assimilate the white culture. And for what? They Don't all excel, just as brutha James is alluding to.

Peace!

10. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I never said they all excelled. My point is to show that if immigrants can achieve so can born and bred African Americans. It is time to quit blaming and start doing. I realise that AA have it real hard. Here in Barbados the population of blacks is the highest ethnic group whilst in America whites outnumber blacks. That is a real obstacle.
    There are black folks all over the world with money, they need to invest. The Jews invest in their own. We as a people must begin to think black and begin to instil in our children and grandchildren the importance of a good education. Those with money must come to see that they must give back to the community.

I met a young woman online, she is AA and she has a Phd in Biochemistry. She said that a young woman who is related to her has 8 children for different fathers and just dont see the folly of it. Our thinking must change, I am not being critical Enki I am just being realistic.

I really enjoy your comments and those of James. No hard feelings here.:lol::hearts1: