Brother AACOOLDRE : The Other Malcolm

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Jun 17, 2013.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE OTHER MALCOLM

Book Review

By Andre Austin

My quest to find out the real names of Shorty, Sophia and Rudy from The Autobiography of Malcolm X enabled me to bump into Malcolm Jarvis”shorty” book about his teenage years with Malcolm X in Boston.

Malcolm X has been electricity to my light bulb of ideas ever since I was listening to his cassette tapes while in college. The only thing else close to the electric wire of Malcolm has been Farrakhan who is still overshadowed by and is still the student of Malcolm X. Unfortunately, some of his electricity has turned away from a bulb to an electric eel.

Malcolm Jarvis died in 1998 being very disappointed that Spike Lee was unable to get into contact with Shorty until after his film Malcolm X (1992) came out. Spike lee consulted with Betty Shabazz, X’s wife but she only knew him from 1956 and on. Betty was unhappy with the script, claiming they never fought. However, Betty left him three times because Malcolm forbidden her from seeking employment. The two Malcolm’s became best friends in 1939 when Shorty was 16 and Malcolm X was 14. They first met under hostile circumstances.

In 1939 the Malcolm’s met eachother in a pool hall. Shorty was gambling and his watch was stolen. Shorty assumed X stole it because he was the only one he didn’t know. Shorty collard up X who kept a stone face claiming he was innocent. A witness later came up to shorty and said another person stole his watch who had already took off. Shorty fixed X’s shirt up and apologized and from then on they were best friends.

Spike Lee has millions of dollars to produce the film X and was unable to contact Shorty for vital interviews. His distortions were ridiculous, stupid and out of character. X was shorty’s “Ace boon Coon” prior to their prison convictions. Spike Lee failure to interview Shorty may have led to revising and expanding episodes in the first half of the film. For example:

1. Assembly of a burglary team was the idea of Sophia who met the Malcolm’s at the Savoy. X called them peeping Toms because they were eye Fu..k them some dark meat. Their interracial burglary team consisted of three white girls Beatrice (Sophia), her sister Joyce Carragulian Cora M, Kora Marderosian. Two men later added on Sonny Brown and John R. I don’t know which of them is Rudy or if Rudy is another name for Red.

2. Shorty gets his nickname from X. It has something to do with a car that shorts the distance between two places. Shorty is unfazed with white girls because he was too busy dealing with three black girls in Boston. Spike Lee depicts Shorty not wanting to join the NOI because of pork and white women is untrue. While in prison Shorty is the first one to introduce X to orthodox Islam before his brothers convert him over to the cult of NOI.

3. Shorty says X’s hair was red because of Conking. Shorty also adds that he never conked his hair as depicted in the film. However X distorts this while still in the nation and claims: “Africans polluted by devil white man are you? You see me-well in the streets they used to call me Detroit Red. Yes, Yes that raping, red head devil was my grandfather” p206 The Autobiography of Malcolm X. Malcolm’s skin tone was reddish brown for the record.

4. Two incidents of valor could have been included in Spikes film if he would have conversed with shorty. The two Malcolm’s stopped a white police officer from mishandling a drunken black woman. The pig put his hand on a gun and so did Malcolm X and said: “It’s all right I have one of those too”. The other incident was a drunk and mad X who pulled guns on gamblers when he ran out of money and could no longer place a bet.

5. Apparently Cornel West edited out a story that X’s sidekick told other people that X was paid by wealthy Bostonite William Paul Lennon to sprinkle him with talcum powder and bring him to an orgasm. In his autobiography this episode is assigned to Rudy (Red?). In December of 1942 X lived in Flint, Michigan and sneaked in the room with gay transvestite named Willie Mae.

6. While in New York X briefly, indirectly worked for Dutch Shultz who taxed the black gangster Bumpy Johnson in the numbers racket. X failed to pay a winner his 2,000 dollars hit on a four digit number. A contract was put on his life. Pimping Sam called Shorty to come pick him up before he got iced. However, in the book and film we are lead to believe West Indian Archie was after X because he thought he lied about betting on a combination while he was drunk and high. X spent the whole 2,000 dollars wining and dining Sophia (Bea) he was sexually addicted too.

7. Spike Lee film gave the impression that Sophia got married to an old rich white man after he went and got out of prison. In reality Beatrice (Sophia) was married while she met X shortly before their encounter at the Savoy. Spike showed no love scenes between Betty and Malcolm but displayed him in bed with Sophia.

8. Shorty converted to Islam, in 1946, because the justice system mistreated them with 8 years in prison when they should have received probation.

Shorty’s Advice:

Read and research on a PhD level like X did while in prison and out. Stay away from the pig who is in the Rat family who carry trichinosis. Stay away from the middle of white women legs because it ending is the bottomless pit of hell. Medicate, self-communicate a dangerous thing in the 1940’s because it could lead to forced summarily sterilization. Black leaders lack an imagination beyond the borders of white approval. Stay away from nicotine and intoxicants. Shorty believes that Christianity and Masonry, or those ordained by USA gov created by the white man to set up a caste system where blacks are at the bottom. He says all of this are crosses for the Blackman to bear. He ends with telling us that Malcolm X was the only 20th century leader who could have personally turned young black street gangs, even the hardcore around. He writes to Spike lee to redeem himself in other films by doing his proper research: “Don’t make the same mistake twice”.

The worst thing the Criminal Justice System done to Malcolm X and Malcolm Jarvis was to incarcerate them from 1946-1952. Their racial hatred of them teaming up with white girls backfired. While in prison they turned the circuit breakers on in their minds, body and soul. The utility company (Gov USA) has not been able to turn the power off yet. Since Malcolm got out of the joint the Bureau of Prisons have altered the libraries. Too late! The light coming out of Malcolm X is still shinning as a seed and still feeding the minds of those tapping into the source. Just stay away from the electric eels.

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    In "The Autobiography of Malcolm X", Malcolm says that Shorty was obsessed with white women. He even told of Shorty laying awake at night, staring at his white g/f's white skin in the moonlight coming in through the window. Sounds like Spike got it right to me. :10500:

And we should believe Shorty's version over Malcolm X's version because.....???

Spike showed no loves scenes between Malcolm and Sophia, either. Lying in bed with no kissing, no fornicating, is NOT a "love scene."

As for Shorty's "advice," well, there were street gangs before Malcolm, during his heyday, and there are still street gangs. No one man, no matter how charismatic, can personally turn street gangs around. To even make such a statement shows his ignorance of the psychology behind, the causes of street gangs. In reality, nothing in this article diminishes my opinion of Malcolm's autobiography nor Spike Lee's film which followed the book faithfully.

One thing it does do, however, is to reinforce my belief that Malcolm knew about Mr. Muhammad's concubines, teen-age mistresses, whateva looong before his split with the NOI. With his "low-down/low life" history, there's no way he could be so naive as to NOT know what was up.

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    malcolm knew of his affairs in 1955 but they were unproven rumors.
    malcolm x was in an incident where he stopped youth from gambling on the street
    I can only report what shorty said in his book. he said he didn't like white girls. he was married to 4 black females
    Love scenes are subjective. sex doesn't need to happen to have a love scene. A women feeding a man and bed and kissing his feet was a love scene to me.
    Everything reported in this book review is from shorty's book u should check it out at the library

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    If I recall right (been years since I read the autobiography), Malcolm said that he interviewed some of the teenaged "momma babies" to ascertain the truth. But he did it about the time he was being booted out of the NOI. Then and only then, did he go public with the info. Even so, he still said he was "surprised" that Mr. Muhammed do such a thing. I contend that having lived the life he did, he knew all along. Otherwise, why wait until there were multiple babies toddling around the NOI before finding out if the rumors were true or false?

So what if Malcolm stopped a couple kids from gambling on the street? Surely you're not saying that PROVES he could stopped street gangs from forming and abolished those already here??? Please! I could prolly stop some random "youth" from gambling on the street - right time, right place, "youth" in a right, i.e. receptive frame of mind. Many did it before Malcolm and many have done it since.

Was Sophia feeding Malcom in bed and kissing his feet in the movie? Did he appear to be enjoying it as a man who loves a woman would enjoy it? Love and sex are not the same thing.

As for Shorty's book, I see no compelling reason to read it. All I can wonder is why he didn't protest his portrayal in the Autobiography when it was first printed.... when Malcolm was alive and they could each debate it. :10500:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malcolm x sophia

2. sophia malcolm x

3. is west indian archie a real person

4. malcolm shorty jarvis bio,
  5. malcolm x sophia loren,
  6. malcolm jarvis,
  7. whos shorty Malcolm X friend,
  8. malcolm x shorty jarvis,
  9. malcolm x and Malcolm jarvis,
  10. malcolm shorty jarvis biography,
  11. malcolm x making out with sophia scene in the book,