Black People : The Origin & Ending of Self Hate

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Tariq Muhammad, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tariq Muhammad

Tariq Muhammad Active Member MEMBER

Computer Sales & Repair
    Ratings:
    +25
    In order to successfully ensure an end to the self hate which is the foundation of dis-unity,the old plantation education received, by black men and women during our early enslavement as a collective must be defined as racially counter-productive.Comparing the black man and woman of America to other organized nations around the globe,we find no other people with such a peculiar type of psychological basis for socializing with one another.Within the mental perimeters of the so-called freed slave lies the oppressor's idea of a crippling self sabotage behavior.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Tariq Muhammad,

Again Brother Muhammad, you have spoken truth to power. Our peculiar socializing behavior toward one another is unique. Precisely why I view this Community, which is our Internet Family as grounds upon which our mental perimeters, as a collective, can be made productive through our interactions.

Destee.com is a conduit that reaches into our real-time communities. I have read many reports of our members that as a result of being here, makes it easier to get along on jobs, shopping, church affairs, etc..

So, when we are here, our best manners are required, our best knowledge is shared, and all these things are passed on. Love is the missing ingredient. We must love one another, ironically, these are the words of Jesus/Yashua.

3. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I find that most African people from the African continent carry the same social issues amongst each other as well. They to have been affected culturally, socially and spiritually by slavery, although not a peculiar institution in Africa like in America... However, Colonialism was of a peculiar instition in Africa. Actually, all black people from around the world are affected with the self hate syndrome.

Sister

Astrologer4U

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Astrologer4U,

So true Sister, so very true, Astrologer4U. You also speak truth to power. In fact, Africans from the continent are worst off than we are through colonialism of the most divergent.

Recall this case in point, Liberia is the result of freed slaves from America, yet tumult reigns!

5. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Whoa.
    This was potent.

Indeed Brother Coger, your reference to Liberia is accurate and striking to the point. A painful discovery I made despite trying to deny it, but even after freedom and homecoming did we fail to liberate ourselves. Let it be said though, that I hear good things are going on this those regions.

As for Afrikans at home, their problems, although of the same type, are of a different caliber. If only we would heal each other and rid ourselves of the arrogance falsely passed unto us from the perpetrators. Even here in scandinavia do we see clearly the vestiges of what has been done to us.

If I am not mistaken, it was brother Asante (or perhaps Akbar) who said we must break down to break through, and similarly we must UN-LEARN and RE-LEARN and re-program our behavior and thought-processes.

True words.

One.

- Ikoro

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sakofa!

Ikoro,

I am sure that comments such as made here are exactly what Brother Tarig Muhammad sought with this thread. Healthy exchanges on the issues, rather than us setting up camp and shooting arrows, at ourselves, so to speak.

Again, not so much showing off our learned knowledge, but a coming together on the facts which always leads to resolves.....thank you Ikoro. It is good to know of progress in said region.

7. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I think we black people misconceptulize how we she undue what has socially gone wrong with us. What is the real issue that we have due to the social issues, we now encounter as a people?

Sister

Astrologer4U

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Astrologer4U,

Great question, and how do you answer it, Astrologer4U?

9. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    I don't really have an answer just an analysis which is, we tend to measure our sucess to the sucees of Whites, Asians and Arabs. Which makes me cast the question just for thought purposes. What is our, black peoples concept of what is proper, in terms of how we associate, socialize with each other?

Sister

Astrologer4U

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

I see, well....that is an opened question. For starters, what does Astrology offer as parameters relating to associating and socializing, Astrologer4U?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the origin of self hate for black people