Black People : THE ONLY TWO THINGS I TRULY OWN....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, May 22, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Day in and day out, we overcome the toughest obstacles, only to turn one corner and run head on into another one. Whew....At times I feel I've lost it all. I could lose my home, my cars, have bills pile up, #ell my man can leave me*knocks on wood*....nevertheless, I would still be estatic of the basic fact that I have come into a higher knowledge of myself, my ancestors, and family. This is why I am ever grateful for my 1. MEMORIES, and the 2. JOY that the simplest things in life bringeth. Nobody can take those from me, they belong exclusively to ME.:spinstar:

What is the ONE thing in life you are all glad to own? Be it material or otherwise. What is it that puts that extra pep in your step as you head out every morning to conquer the world........or those unruly children? Let's share:sand:

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    My most valued physical possession is my laptop.

My mom had given it to me because the other one I had broke and I didn't want to be in debt paying $2,000 for another one.

With a computer, one can make money, find love and even socialize with people all over the globe.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    My laptop means the world to me too Karma, I can't live without it. I brought it for $100, and don't even know what year the model is..........oh well, me and my laptop are inseparable

Like a 7-11 store It's got everything you need, over-priced(lol), and available 24 hrs.*shrugs*

4. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I agree that my laptop is my top-prized material possession for all the reasons Sis. Karma stated, but the way my mind works is truly at the top of any list of my possessions because without it, I would have never bought the laptop or done numerous other things that elevated my life.

Speaking of using the laptop to find romance, I now have a man in my life!! Hooray for me!! :lol: I'll talk more about him in another thread.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    My top prize is #1 LIFE , without it everythings else would mean nothing
    then i own my #2 DESTINATION in life to complete my set goals and #3
    my SOUND MIND that allows me to know the differents .

Without these it leave you empty or pose a void,
    the list can run beyond this but these what make the rest tick..

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Peace within
    Laughter
    love
    joy
    dreams
    The right to keep them all no matter what life may bring me!

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Right Now Solomon Burke Is Singing Cry To Me

This is a great topic sista spicey. Y'all saying some great things

Now I hesitate to bring anxiety into my life by placing my happiness on anything that can be lost. And anything physical falls into that category. When I was stone deaf I thought the worst thing in the world would be losing my sight. But then it happened and well you know you can't walk around terrified 24/7. I lost my sight but I did not lose my vision.

One day not too long ago I woke up with a splitting headache. Somehow I made it downstairs and when I looked outside the whole ground and everything was covered with snow--the kind of snow you'd love to look at but hate to drive in. I'm the kind of person I'm just going to be happy. Any old excuse will do. So I'm walking down the hall singing and laughing and smiling like an idiot--head still killing me. But I was so happy that after while I forgot about my head.

In this world the decision we make to be happy will not go unchallenged but it can be renewed, especially if we makie it something simple. We let tv program us to think about sex round the clock so what's wrong with programming ourselves to get happy over the silver gradients of a cloudy sky?

8. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Teach Sis. River!!--because you are SO right. A person can just make a decision to be happy or "program" themselves to be happy. I've done that and it works. I made a decision one day years ago that no matter what happened from that day on, I was going to come out on top.

So no matter what kind of curve ball life throws me, I just grab that sucker and wring something out of it. It all DOES have to do with your attitude or the way you look at anything.

9. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19

Good point.

Thinking about it this way, I would have to say my number 1 prized possession is my spirit. It is the only 'thing' that I have that is 100% me that can never be taken away. And it is the only entity that allows me to be able to truly become one with God.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I heard that. Attitude is everything.