Black People : the only people who give a **** about black people is us

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    certain black people, not all, care about the welfare of black people.
    the sooner we accept that and learn to get together and work together, the better.:hearthis:

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    everyone is ready for a real change

But it seems we are still wondering how to pull it together, and as you mention constantly, time is running out

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    And let the church say, AMEN!

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    let's get free....

black people fussing and fighting each other is really a waste of time.
    the revolution will not be us attacking white people. the revolution will be us all working for a common cause.
    we did it to elect obama. that is just a demo of what we can do if we decide to do it.

while we all have different outlooks on life, the smart black people will look for common cause.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    just being real....
    we were in bonded slavery for **** near 500 years....
    at the very least it is going to take 100-250 years to break free of the chains....
    maybe my view is slanted in a certain direction because i live in the most segregated city in america but....

right now...black folks really don't like other black folks...and especially at the work place....

we will get there....it's just going to take some more time and a lot of love.....

one love
    khasm

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    trudat...

that is exactly the problem. that is what we need to be working on. it will not be easy.

7. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    that's just the way it is exactly,old habits are hard to break and we got a bunch of em no not all are ours intentionally but we got em none the less and as you say it's gonna take us awhile to truly be together as a people,what we're doing here in this forum are the baby steps that are needed and i'm sure that there are other black forums that speak to the needs of our people,what james says is absolutly correct only we can fix us but we gotta learn to be honest about how we relate to one another as a whole,we all to this day have traces of self hatread still in us and the whiteman knows it,how many times have we walked past a lightskinned sister or brother and thought[i know he-she got some white in em] when we can meet and greet one another without putting emphasis on complextions but just see another black sister and brother then the battle will be half won.

8. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    we have learned to get together, but get along, may be a different

story...what would help, would be to have a better glimpse of what a successful community looks like. who, what, and where is there an ethnic group

that we should pattern after?...In each area, we need a definite figure, like the way the million man march was so beautifully constructed. For me to simply say we dont get along, dampens, and often times extenguishes

any spark that others would soon catch....dont count us out just yet....brother..

If there is a group of five, and three would run into a burning building to save a brother, or sister?....I am drawn by the selfless actions of the three, they are my heroes.. the other two may say "it aint my house, nor my family therefore, not my problem".... I say, to hell with the other two...yeah for me? its like that yall...I no longer look for the miracle..I am the miracle..but at times though? I forget to believe it....

9. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    Not realy

If that was the case, this would be number one intsead of 7 on the list of concerns

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    So you really think black people got Obama in the White house huh?