Black Sports : The Olympics - Man vs Machine

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
2nsba8j.jpg

Just heard the news that Oscar Pistorius - the fastest man on no legs - will be able to run at the Olympics. The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that he is eligible to race against able-bodied athletes, overturning a ban imposed by the International Association of Athletics Federations.

People are celebrating the victory for the man. Me? I think it's plain wrong. Next thing we know ppl will be throwing the shotput with bionic arms..

Or maybe I'm missing something.. what do you think?

2nsba8j.jpg

Just heard the news that Oscar Pistorius - the fastest man on no legs - will be able to run at the Olympics. The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that he is eligible to race against able-bodied athletes, overturning a ban imposed by the International Association of Athletics Federations.

People are celebrating the victory for the man. Me? I think it's plain wrong. Next thing we know ppl will be throwing the shotput with bionic arms..

Or maybe I'm missing something.. what do you think?

I am conflicted about this, I think it is a poor decision, yet, I am amazed that this man has been able to accomplish such an amazing feat. You are correct in your assertion Zulile, and where will/does it stop? Bionic shot putter, rocket propelled swimmers? The spirit of the Olympics is that one should compete with what they came into the world with their in lies the true nature of competition.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back