Gun Ownership : The NRA does not exist.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
And neither do Corporations or Governments. The NRA is an abstraction for the People that make up it's membership.. so we can't talk about the NRA as is if it is some objective living breathing thing. we have to talk about the actual living breathing things.. the people.

And when you join the NRA, you're joining and supporting those people.. not some abstract objective and blameless organization. Organization is an abbreviation.. It stands for Organization Of People.. they drop the last part to make the magic trick work. And so we direct our anger at the Organization.. and not the people that are organized by it.

The NRA is a group of people that come together for their own purposes.. find out who those people are, what those purposes are.. and line them up with who you are and what your purposes are.. do all of that before you give them your support.

Their is no 2nd amendment.. and there is no NRA.. their are just people.. and those abstract entities that they have defined are nothing more than vehicles that they use to organize themselves.. to rationalize their actions.. justify their dispositions.. and to sidestep your scrutiny. You blame the Corporation.. the corporation fires the President and hires a new one... you're satisfied. But the president was just an employee of the people that he served.. and they remain hidden behind the abstraction blocking your view.. the word.. the name.

if we don't start pulling these word games and concept games apart, we will eventually completely lose our grip on reality.

Excerpt from biography on Charleton Heston (http://www.weirdwildrealm.com/f-heston.html )

" In 1999 I reported on the NRA's more extremist attributes & how Heston entered the fray. The second ammendment speaks of the right to form militias & though the NRA was founded & long dominated by Democrats, this began to change by the late 1950s. It was not anti gun control until the 1960s, & as years ticked by, the NRA became more & more alligned with white power militias.

I speak of the leadership who directed lobbying activity & selected the guests of honors for national conventions; the larger & largely silent membership still believed in the rights of hunters not the rights to form militias & advocate race wars.

Who were these racists, anti-American militiamen, & white supremecists in charge of the NRA? There's no end of examples. Wayne Stump has not only served on board of NRA but also published his own insane conspiracy journal Operation Vampire Killer & founded a racist anti-immigration organization trying to stop Spanish from being taught in school systems.

Or Leroy Pyle when not advocating for NRA was busy in the racist Illinois Militia, on the list of organizations most apt to bomb federal buildings. Extremist T.J. Johnston was on the NRA board & headed "safety instruction" for NRA as a method of first-contact with the public who might not come if it was overtly admitted to be an opportunity for mind-melds with an instructor who was just as busy organizing a white racist militia in California, the Orange County Corp, all NRA members.

Jeff Cooper who wrote an influential column for Guns & Ammo always pumping NRA politics called black people "Oragutangs" & put his own hairy-knuckled paw-prints in all kinds of racist crap. He preached, "If our 18th Century ancestors had not been sexist, racist, & violent, our nation would not exist."

This kind of man was a natural for leadership in the NRA. Did the Board ever take steps to get rid of a man representing the NRA in extremist racist ways? Quite the opposite. Cooper was lauded for having the guts to say out loud that gun violence kills more young black men than white men, so only one in ten deaths is a loss to society, the white one. Guys like NRA member Timothy McVeigh would seem to be his ideal. Cooper recommended encouraging more black on black gun violence & giving them all the ammunition they need for the larger social good.

Larry Pratt joined forces with Aryan Nations in 1992 & together with leaders of sundry racist militias arranged honors for white separatist Randy Weaver (who I regard as the most soulful racist in America, whose rights were indeed trampled in the worst possible way by our government, but that doesn't make supporting racists a good idea). Pratt & his racist militia chums buddied it up a long while, even at the biggest militia event of the time, the Dallas Preparedness Expo. Bob Dole publicly criticized Pratt for his continuous & ongoing association with racists & antisemites.

Pratt quite rightly called the NRA "a good friend," & in 1995 lauded the NRA for finally giving up the nonsense about the second amendment being about recreation, thanking the NRA for taking increasingly hardline stances about arming against "anti-christ jews & black people created before Adam & therefore less than human." He said this while he was the guest of honor at an NRA conference in Colorado!

Also feted that weekend was Pratt's buddy, Aryan Nations chieftain Richard Butler. A tiny moderate contingent was upset by the NRA making superstars out of Pratt & Butler whose ardent gun advocacy was specifically for the coming race war to kill blacks and jews. These moderates were shouted down by the vast majority of the NRA members in attendance. The vast majority! "

In the same way when nutjob flying saucer cultists or Scientologists get spitting mad when the facts of their "belief" system are aired, so too NRA members go into full denial mode when the simplest facts of their leadership are revealed. They don't try to repair that leadership. They just continue to claim that an organization run by white supremecists & militiamen isn't at its very core a white supremacist lobby, not a nice little club for decent gun owners.

Thanks for this thread.

It's not only important to know that the NRA is an Organization of people, but also to realize that when we "Organize" we are "(Re)Connecting people with people." So the cry for "Organization" is the cry for "(Re)Connection." While I hardly think of 'interracial organizations,' it should be mentioned that an 'interracial organization' is a 'reconnection' of different racial types. And history students will attest that the former connections of racial types were not to our advantage.

It's a good way to think on matters.

Thanks again!

HTP

Good article. Very informative and thoughtful. So many times we like to run and join groups, which can often be beneficial to its members. Personally I always like to find out who runs the program, their backgrounds, affiliates and core beliefs. I read that the membership list is automatically turned over to the federal government in order to have another list of gun sympathizers who may have unregestered weapons. This also made me think of the opening statement to one of the best eye opening movies ever, titled: 'Wag The Dog.' The opening statement goes...."Why does the dog wag its tail? ..... Because the brain is in the head." When I first read this statement lightbulbs went off in my head and I knew that the movie that followed was going to be dynamic and educational. It really was and still is even today. Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back