Black Short Stories : The New Racism

raymondobe

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 30, 2009
I just happened to be browsing through 'Ebony' and I came across the story about the recent arrest of Professor Louis Gates Jr in a section headed-'New Racism'. What got me interested was when I started making comparisons to England, where racial profiling is pretty much, 'Just the way it is'. Where black people are 6 to 10 times more likely to be stopped on the street by the police(Stop and Search Laws) for looking suspicious-(who knows what they means??)...And when you consider that black people make up around 2% of the population, it certainly makes you wanna holla.

Also, over here, if you someone was to tell you that they'd just been stopped by the cops outside their home for...does there really have to be a reason? I suppose the general feeling would be that 'there ain't no smoke without fire.'-though i suspect that for the ordinary joe getting stopped by the cops is simply business as usual? ...Anway its slightly comforting to know that though we may lagged behind the US in other areas, like hip hop, sports, economic and political influence, when it comes to policing, the British Gov is doing its level best to redress this inbalance.

Peace!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

The New Racism...not in England

I just happened to be browsing through 'Ebony' and I came across the story about the recent arrest of Professor Louis Gates Jr in a section headed-'New Racism'. What got me interested was when I started making comparisons to England, where racial profiling is pretty much, 'Just the way it is'. Where black people are 6 to 10 times more likely to be stopped on the street by the police(Stop and Search Laws) for looking suspicious-(who knows what they means??)...And when you consider that black people make up around 2% of the population, it certainly makes you wanna holla.

Also, over here, if you someone was to tell you that they'd just been stopped by the cops outside their home for...does there really have to be a reason? I suppose the general feeling would be that 'there ain't no smoke without fire.'-though i suspect that for the ordinary joe getting stopped by the cops is simply business as usual? ...Anway its slightly comforting to know that though we may lagged behind the US in other areas, like hip hop, sports, economic and political influence, when it comes to policing, the British Gov is doing its level best to redress this inbalance.

Peace!

raymondobe,

A big welcome for cominng on board to Destee.com, the number Black Web Site on the Internet, hope you enjoy your stay here. It is really good to know of the improvement your Country is witnessing in the area of Racial Profiling...Peace In raymondobe.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back