Black People : The new post-racial America?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nilevalley, May 26, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
  2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    although i'm not sure what "post-racial" America, means, i'm not surprised by anything he said in his commentary. i'm making a few assumptions here: first, i'm assuming the author is white, and second, i'm assuming he's doing the politically correct thing in responding to something thrown in his face, in a sense. there's nothing surprising about his saying "white people don't want to live with black people." when questioned about his not commenting on Michael Brown, or Eric Garner, he admits that it had no direct impact on him...so, he didn't feel a need to comment about it. that's the normal white response to anything black and white. it wasn't until the one woman said, "oh yes, they are" (Michigan cases), that he felt compelled to acknowledge them...and he did so with that politically correct commentary response. he admits that he handles complaint cases for a Toledo paper, yet he claims not to have any knowledge of the Michael Brown/Eric Garner cases. is he saying there weren't any complaints about the Tamir Rice case...and no comparison to the other cases...that came through the Toledo paper's complaint section?

anyway, what's new about his "post-racial" American view, that black people haven't known since...forever. I mean, we know that (some) white people are racists; we know that (some) police are bullies; we know that (most) white people don't want to live with black people; and we know that (most) white people turn a blind eye to wrongs committed by police against black people...or any other wrong against black people, for that matter.

am I sounding negative, yet?