Black People : The New Divide: Among And Between Blacks Too!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Oct 26, 2014.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Life goes on: Times change...

As is true of anything and everything related to this way of life, from our ancestors to ourselves, some did and do find their means/ways/etc. to advance and profit, others didn't and don't...

Thing is:

It's ups and downs, weren't and aren't just up to us...

If this is the best its defenders can or will come up with:

Me and mine, you and yours, need better options...

I. e., what was and is lacking, a vision of a way of life etc., based on what is best for us all, on the positive and progressive side...

FYI

2. Rottenez watkins

Rottenez watkins Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    I believe people will be people, and in what ever way possible that you choose to deal with those individuals you choose to deal with is up to you.
    Only you know how to come in touch or contact with someone for a specific reason,purpose,objectives and/or personal motivations,business is business and you don't mix that with personal favor.this is why,70 % of the time, bridges are burned.Knowledge and understanding is another reason friendships,associations are eliminated and those associated with you in the past move on.Because if it doesn't appear that your going anywhere you undoubtedly are going to get left alone looking dubious, most of the time this is a financial issue.
    You do still have loyal African-Americans and I know this because I basically prefer to deal with Nations of African descent or Multicultural backgrounds.And a lot of African-Americans or Black folk they rather be called insist to believe white and black relationships are genuine, when in actuality there never going to be. Because anyone whose concern is taking away from their table guest for the purpose to perplex and steal a complete strangers moment of clarity and peace for the apparent purpose to get a rise out of that individual can be no friend at all. Today we have those who want to be recognized as a hater,all for the sole purpose of thinking their affecting some bodies life,and the end result of that is their a groupie.So Some Men claim to be men,but I am A Man and I will not allow myself to be undermined,degraded,or manipulated by any amount of money,a supossed position of power or some kind way of humiliation, and this is why the divide your referring to today is because suckas will be suckas,lames will be lames so forth and so on.A sell-out will always be a sell-out you just never thought the brotha down the block or homey you knew so well from around the way would be.So the divide is not always about us as a nation,because we know how unity affects the world,but us as a people and individual.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    I'm not quite sure what motivates your post, but I'll try to respond to it, from the perspective of an activist, from my high school years, and/or the various movements I've also been a part of, up to the present day, etc.

As one quotes puts it of :

'Each generation, out of their obscurity, find their own mission...'

Elder brother Ali also might add: Decide what their purpose (in life) should be...

(Smile)

So it's not for me (or us) to even guess will come of the ongoing wrongful death protests, but it was and is a reality check/wake up call/etc. for today's young colored folks, in particular, etc.

And as I said as well as posted:

Just different takes, if that person came of age, and long after the eras of modern day Urban Rebellions etc.

Me and mine weren't and aren't the haters:

Beating up random white truckers etc. is the tactics of cowards ad naseum...

On the other hand:

It was and is the double standard of the would be defenders of the white status quo aka the police, which brings up full circle, from what also led to what went on and down, in Detroit, way back in the sixties...

The real backdrop is the enslaving of one people--our distant african ancestors-via the unpaid labor force-and their theft of the lands of native folk--also was the basis of their economies--which led to the rise of whites-- from colonies and/or states-- then to the rise of this place-- to a world power...

White folks elites , via their bigotry and racism, ad naseum, also is what led to self serving justifications, and/or the coopting of other peoples natural resources, hence the wrongheaded resistance, some label worldwide terrorism...

Nothing new or news about that: Somebody else's freedom fighter is a terrorism our side needs and wants killed off, at any and every cost...

The short version:

In all cases, the means must justify the ends, at least to me...

Via today's reality:

Such makes me a part of a minority, big time...

Let's do be (for) real, about it all...

Even the majority of our own feared for Obama's life, in the midst of who many did or do believe the nature of all whites...

Then how did he get elected twice?

Nobody and nothing can or should be taken so much for granted...

Not all blacks were for Obama:

Not all whites were for McCain or Romney...

It was and is on the 'what in this (for me)' side...

Not to digress:

My and the as well as more to the point?

Who was or is for what or not reflects their own politics etc.

Where I'm going with all of this?

Some would have us to refight old battles, lose sight of the new ones we haven't even begun to...

I seek to be a good role model etc. as regards today's young activists..

Black or otherwise...

Do consider being likewise...

Good luck!

FYI

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Both during the Civil Rights and Black Power movements, which really reflected the evolution and growth of individuals who had been a part of both, the idealism etc. overwhelmed some folks choices, i. e., to presume and assume the wrongdoing of some revealed the mentality of all white folks...

They also believed or chose to believe we did our folk would never fall so far from grace...

Instead, as you also alluded to, people are just people...

Change/evolution/growth/progress are also choices...

I and others fought for our peoples right to even make that choice...

Such is what the slogan, 'Power To The People', means to me...

Also-- not the place of even black elected officials--including Obama--to decide who has that right...

Or the Koch brothers who shouldn't!

FYI

5. Rottenez watkins

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    From what I understood which was most very well said.
    And eventhough they stole and colonized the land not all the land was developed so how can you possibly colonialize all aspects of everything.I don't buy into everything I am being told about American history because some of it is far fetched.Especially the part about the Indians running because if they were running and being killed off then what was the need for the treaty?And if they colonized all the land,are they granting the Indian tribes remaining large settlements? If slaves were I'm the fields all day picking cotton what was the cost of say 200lbs of cotton per slave? How close were the plantations apart? And how many actual slave owners came away with major profits from slavery.Money made is also money slayed and it was more slayed then and in the 18th century than it is today.Countries weren't fully developed.And when they were conquered and overthrown no more than between 4 or 5 centuries later those Countries won back their independence. So are we to say a country back then was more productive in another Countries hands when they were losing treasure,gold,and valuable resources by ships.Let's not forget the pirates,because they still search the waters today and this is why foreign countries don't allow America and European nations in their waters.Why hasn't any great vast of treasures been found within Europe? Mainly in the Caribbean or of the continent of Africa.The Rothschild's &Walhburg may have financed nations but wealth depreciates fast and I know with as many nations as there is now nations are becoming poorer.The world bank can't even offer Aid too Countries any more,Investment in major currencies are fading and newer currencies are taking shape.So no I don't believe that the times change,I believe the people change.And this new generation hasn't gave face yet.Its kind of a reminder of how it was in 1996-2006 no one represented us.And I believe its sadder for the new generation because their caught up in things of the world without any aforethought about how to attain it.But nothing stays the same.I don't believe one incident declares someone a thug or coward because you can be bold to be either or,Its the unknowing things that were afraid of.So your going to be a man or die like a coward.I'm from a family of traditions &principles. Africans,Jamacian,Indian so we believe the spirit brings our truths. Because I went on Wikipedia the other day to do some Research on the Gods &African masks,and tribes of Africa because this is what I do.So I usually don't use the Internet to do my research and books alter information as well. But I take my chances if I'm not meditating. So I search for a African god by the name of Yemaya" find out she was a god of the water and birth spirit" she was 1000 BC.I'm also aware of a God in Greece they called Posideon" god of the ocean 500bc. I went to wikopedia to check and see who was the first God,older god why did Wikipedia not only have him as god of the ocean,but also the dolphins, horses,earthquakes, and storms.Where Africa has a separate god for the horses.I found some rationale in believing in the African Gods not because I share in the culture but because it sounds more realistic.I can't see a god who controls storms,and earthquakes. Controlling animals on land and sea,especially when horses are an African animal.The page was updated about 20 days ago but it left the question are people still that desperate to protect an ancient truth?

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    First of all: Yes, so much gets treated like it was or is the Gospel Truth, but all elites look out for them and their's, so why do any of us and long after the fact presume or assume so much, believe what we choose, then get subjected to unexpected reality checks/wake up calls/etc., in the here and now?

FYI

7. Rottenez watkins

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    You sound like my brother.But he to blindly unaware of what truly is and isn't. Because seeing & hearing is a physical thing meaning its felt spiritually once its Revelation's are revealed there's that connection with god.And I'm not certain of your age,but I'm considered too be young myself.And there's this jealousy because of my families traditional Intellectual mindset.So many of us know what we are subjected beforehand and just expect different outcomes. Knowledge of this is "knowing what's being brought before you."
    Because people like to make themselves believe their more than what they think they are,when in all actuality were better off handling issues by ourselves. So what do we see as unexpected,Elite members limit or end association,and find interest elsewhere, mainly when they feel That the same agenda and propaganda aren't in their best interest at all and this changes face of the Elite that is if they were even Elite too begin with.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    First of all, please don't just react, i. e., merely find means and ways to avoid and evade even discussing the issues/problems/etc. all of us are being challenged by, because that has you come across as only needing or wanting to talk, not aid others who are actually trying to do something, etc.

I have been a part of several past movements, so I do know the difference, as in between folks deeds as opposed to their words...

No disrespect intended nor meant...

And not for me to decide what causes others could or should be a part of...

My and the as well as more to the point:

Your choice and right to agree or disagree...

Also back up your claims with any facts etc.

Simply put:

We barely know of and not much about each other's backgrounds...

Anybody can make bad guesses...

Facts and guesses aren't interchangeable...

Not to digress (too much)...

Moving right along...

The eras of striving for Civil Rights and/or clamoring for Black Power have run their courses...

Regression and retreat characterizes me and mine/you and yours/etc. these days....

Not only much we be candid as to where we weren't wrong:

Also where we go next...

I. e., so many of the past activists etc. continue to hype us being a race, whereas we reflect our own internal conflicts...

It wasn't and isnt' just about white bigots/racist/reactionaries...

It is also about facing up to their counterparts, in our midst, regards of their cultural/economic/social/political backgrounds...

FYI