Black Spirituality Religion : The Neurological Origins of Religious Belief

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Sep 15, 2010.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
  2. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Oh thanx skuderjaymes,

I didn't know anyone had even seen this one. It just slid down the page

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

True indeed & reverends', preachers, imams, bishops and rabbis' know and use key words to tap into the nerve center of the brain.

I had a preacher, preach his sermon starring directly at me for about 30 minutes one mothers day when I met up with my sister and mother at her church at the time. I realized half way thru the sermon that my mother had set me up...lol

When he was about half way thru his sermon, people going crazy shouting and hollering and a man who apparently caught some type of ghost fell literrally at my feet, as i had an isle seat. The preacher still starring at me and preaching saw that i was not moved by his words to the point that he pointed at mementioned it by saying:

"Oh, you can just sit there and not move if you want, but one day the lord is gonna snatch you and make you move" , then his eyes shifted over to my mother who was on the other side of my sister and said "don't worry sister, one day we will get him".......I think he may have gotten irritated at the fact that i was smiling the whole time. I wasn't laughing at him, but i was whispering to my sister to see if she knew about my mother setting me up and she started laughing and it made me start laughing....

Also, the preacher dissed the man that was at my feet still laying there even though everyone else had sat down and calmed down. The sermon was over and i forget what the preacher said to the guy, but it wasn't nice. I then bent over and helped the man to his feet and he patted me on the back and simply said "thank you good brother" and he walked out!

All of that just to say that his yelling and ranting and just plain making stuff up was unable to touch anything inside me as no serotonin was released because his "truth" was mere nonsense to me....

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Nice idea but how does one account for the factt hat the mind is not limited to the physical time and space?

We knew that and practiced hat in ATR for over 30 thousand years as well as the First Americans, in Vision quests,
    and most here are familiar with Atsral projection, so

if all that are just "Illusions"how is it that Ingo Swann, and Russel Targs double blind studdies to verify the ability for the mind to percieve specific detailed information miles away

and why would the CIA spend billions on it and call it Remote Viewing?

While we debate the soul and what not,
    corporations are using professional remote viewers

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    And what makes it so ill, brotha info, when Africans go into trances and dance around Xtians say Oh that's the devil. Give me the devil then. My ancestors weren't enslaved in the name of the devil.

I've never fallen under the spirit, either. I've fallen asleep lots of time. In fact, I've learned to sleep with my eyes open. My aunt took me to a church in dc where the preacher laid her hands on everybody and the people would fall down when t she touched them. I braced me knees waiting for her to come to me. I told myself if this is really the Holy Spirit then I don't have to take a dive. Let him knock me down. She touched e and I remained standing. Then she smiled and hugged me like now she knows I'm not one of the gullible masses.

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There is a spirit world and we have/are spirit beings who can receive information from that world. But if religious leaders are getting their information from the spirit world why is it no two of them ever say the same thing. They know how to tap into the physiology of the brain to make people think they are feeling God but when they walk out the door nothing changes in their life. Their minds don't travel anywhere.