Black Sports : THE NBA'S 50 GREATEST PLAYERS REVISED EDITION, MAN!

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Isaiah, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Why Bernard King was not on the first team selected as the 50 greatest is beyond me... The man is one of the greatest ballplayers I've ever seen, and I've seen many!(smile!)

MY TEAM:

GUARDS:
    MAGIC JOHNSON
    ISIAH THOMAS
    OSCAR ROBERTSON
    EARL "THE PEARL" MONROE
    WALT "CLYDE" FRAZIER
    JERRY WEST
    PETE MARAVICH
    JASON KIDD
    CALVIN MURPHY
    DAVE BING
    MICHAEL JORDAN
    GEAORGE GERVIN
    CLYDE DREXLER
    REGGIE MILLER
    GARY PAYTON
    JOHN STOCKTON
    TERRY PORTER
    HAL GREER

FORWARDS
    TIM DUNCAN
    KEVIN GARNETT
    LARRY BYRD
    JAMES WORTHY
    JULIUS ERVING
    CONNIE HAWKINS
    MAURICE LUCAS
    DENNIS RODMAN
    ELGIN BAYLOR
    BERNARD KING
    BOB LOVE
    CHET WALKER
    RICK BARRY
    ELVIN HAYES
    KARL MALONE
    BILLY CUNNINGHAM
    JOHN HAVILCEK
    GUS JOHNSON
    DAVE DEBUSSCHERE
    JERRY LUCAS
    CHRIS MULLIN

CENTERS
    WILLIS REED
    BILL RUSSELL
    WILT CHAMBERLAIN
    SHAQUILLE O'NEAL
    DAVID ROBINSON
    PATRICK EWING
    WESLEY UNSELD
    ROBERT PARRISH
    NATE THURMOND
    KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR
    DAVE COWENS

I am sure I missed a few there, and left out a number there, but I dig my ball club... Wish I coulda added Joe Dumars, as I feel the guy was one the greatest players of his era, but I could not leave a Stockton or Reggie Miller off the team... I alson think Alonzo Mourning should be on the team, but aint enough slots to squeeze brotha up in the mix... What's you guys greatest all-time National Basketball Association ball club??? Come on, now, y'all, don't be lazy...(smile!0

pEACE!
    iSAIAH

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Whoa!Ur team is so....big that u can't let all of'em play -smile-!I wanna know if u've put some order in what u've written

3. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I only watch the finals, and I don't know all them players names, and since I cant go by faces, just take the 50 most good lookin ballers, and that's my team. :nuts:

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    What's up with all them "token" white boys Isaiah (Chris Mullen instead of Scottie Pippen)? Seriously I'd add World B Free, Bob Macadoo, D-Wilkens "The Human Highlight Film, Joe Dumars (he definately belongs), Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Maurice Cheeks, Tiny Archibald, Kobe Bryant (although I don't like him personally, he has game)...let me think of some more!

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    WHAT ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON JUST HIS SIZE ALONE AND WHAT HES ABLE TO DO AT THAT SIZE, KOBE BRYANT ALSO- 3 RINGS STR8 OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. WHATS WHITH THE AFRIKAN CONNECTION HAKEEM OLIJAWON(BEST FOOT WORK FOR A BIG MAN EVER)?? MUTOMBO (DEFENSIVLEY AT LEAST).

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I forgot about Hakeem "the dream" Olijawon! I'd definately take him over Dave Cowens or Wes Unseld!

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    add scottie pippen
    Bill cartwright
    john paxton
    Joe dumars
    A.Iverson
    Ray Allen
    three point man ann champ Creig Hoges
    Bob McAdoo
    willis Reed
    A. Morning
    J. salley
    penny Hardaway

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Yo, I was hoping you cats wouldn't pick on the fact that I forgot HAKEEM O, but Therious, you're too quick for a brother(smile!) I also left Nate "Tiny" Archibald off the team, and put a token(thanks, Pan!)like Stockton up in the mix... That's like leaving Isiah off the Dream Team.... Considering the Nate is a Homeslice from NYC, I am really remiss about that mistake - believe it!

Pan, Cowens was a bad cat in his time, though he'd be a power forward in today's game... I left Paul Silas and Dennis Johnson off the team, but Bernard King replaced Dominique, whom I do not think is a 50 greatest... Maybe 100 greatest??? I'm gone go back and think a little something... Chris Mullin should probably not be among the 50 greatest... Perhaps, Timmy Hardaway, but not Anfernee... He was headed there, but the injuries toook their toll...

Lots of guys will be added, like Kobe, when their careers are extended to like 10 years... You got to do things consistently for that long to be considered among the greatest... Pippen is a guy who I believe was too one dimensional and a crybaby who got migraines when things got smelly... I didn't like him because of that... Dont' worry, these lists are always up for reassessment... :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :book:

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Dave Cowens might have been bad, but he wasn't Hakeem bad! Plus don't sleep on Pippen, those migraines were early in his career. Pippen put up MVP numbers in a couple of the Bulls Championships (particularly the 97 championship). Mullen might not have had headaches (the bottle helped him with that), but he never got past the 2nd round of the playoffs either!

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Brother Pan, sorry, I will not reassess Scottie's presence on MY 50 Greatest list... He's the guy who refused to go into a playoff game because he wasn't the one designated to take a last shot... That's like 5 years after the Migraine in Detroit... Interestingly, I like Scottie as a person, but as a ballplayer he had MIKE, and that's why he's gotten so much attention... I think he was a very good player, but not a GREAT player...

BTW, if you look at the original 50 greatest as chosen in 1996, you wont see a bunch a cats I put on my team... Another guy whom I left off but whom should be included is Bob Lanier at center... Other cats whom I thought were pretty good were Jumpin Joe Caldwell, Lou Hudson, Walter Bellamy, George McGinniss, Bill Walton, Kevin McHale, Mel Daniels, Roger Brown, Super John Williamson, Dan Issel, etc.,. A lot of the above mentioned cats were on that 1996 team, and a bunch of guys were ABA cats who could play their ***** off... How about Ralph Simpson, India.Arie's dad, or Kevin Johnson of the Phoenix Suns, or Lenny Wilkens and Downtown Freddie Brown and Gus Williams of the '79 champion Seattle Supersonics??? Prejudice almost led me to put my boy Michael Ray Richardson on the squad, but...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah