Black People : the nasty n_word

ladylibra said:
i hate to hear anyone utter this word but it enrages me when i hear a non-black person say this word (so casually and without hesitation and without repercussion).

when did it become okay for them to use this horrible word so freely? is it b/c we use it to refer to one another? could they get it from listening to hiphop?

seems like young hispanics/caucasian boys want to emulate black boys/men. here in miami they are the most offensive.this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bothersome to me. every chance i get i let my distaste be known. yesterday as i was riding the escalator this young latin man was behind me on his cellular and he said, "for real dog! nah, my n*gger!" i looked at him like he had 4 heads. another time i was in the movie theater and these 2 teenage latin boys were using the word in every sentence! i told them to stop using that filthy word in my prescence and they obliged.

yes this can be very, very dangerous.....

Isaiah said:
I admit that there have been 2 ocassions where I corrected young Arabs, who's stores we walk into, and are constantly using that term around... I actually felt it was an empty gesture after scolding these folks... Why??? Because it really isn't their fault that they feel comfortable using the term, it's ours...

There was a time when African Americans would not use that word out of our own company... It was understood to be an intra-group thing, and you'd rarely hear it, if at all, outside of the confines of polite company... What we failed to do was make our children understand the subtlety of that...

Many groups actually use derogatory terms in the way that AFrican Americans use the "N" word, but they are careful to keep the word QUARANTINED from usage by others... They don't play no games with these words, talking about they're diminishing its power by allowing the rest of the world to insult them with it... How DUMB!!!

But we Black Elders are to blame for raising our chidlren to be ignorant of the subtlety... Sad, indeed, brother PanAfrica...

Peace!
Isaiah

Those whom are guilty, are guilty.....but not all.
Accountability comes with a certain adherence
to it's values, either WE'RE wit it, or WE'RE not..
know what I'M sayin?

Isaiah said:
Yeah, T., but the genie is outta the bottle, now... If I did what LadyLibra did in NYC with the, literally, millions of young African and Latino youth and elders using the term, I wouldn't have time to breathe, much less live...(smile!) We brought other people's behaviour on ourselves, sad to say...

Peace!
isaiah

true u cant fight every battle. i heard some polish and russian imagrants at my job greeting each other with the word. i felt like cussin them out. sometimes ill say something but again were the ones who let quentin terrantino use it all up and downh the silver scree ya know. like i said young black youth are even worse than us generation xers, they call other white kids there N''gas.

maybe we can chalk this one up 2 'when keeping it real goes wrong".

Therious said:
true u cant fight every battle. i heard some polish and russian imagrants at my job greeting each other with the word. i felt like cussin them out. sometimes ill say something but again were the ones who let quentin terrantino use it all up and downh the silver scree ya know. like i said young black youth are even worse than us generation xers, they call other white kids there N''gas.

maybe we can chalk this one up 2 'when keeping it real goes wrong".

yeah, therious, there are times when i feel like "cussin" too. it would certainly make me feel better.

my mom who is 70 y/o used to call me n*gger when i was small. heck, til this day she'll call me that if i ask for some money :look:
one day i told her to stop saying that b/c it was slave mentality and she had a few choice words for me but she calls it "terms of endearment" :look:
but don't misunderstand i love my mom with every cell in my body...shortcomings and all!

i wish that we would stop saying this garbage to one another.

this is off topic (somewhat) but i cringe when i hear other sisters call each other b*tch and *** (garden tool) out of love...i think it's stupid.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back