Black People : the nasty n_word

ladylibra

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 28, 2005
i hate to hear anyone utter this word but it enrages me when i hear a non-black person say this word (so casually and without hesitation and without repercussion).

when did it become okay for them to use this horrible word so freely? is it b/c we use it to refer to one another? could they get it from listening to hiphop?

seems like young hispanics/caucasian boys want to emulate black boys/men. here in miami they are the most offensive.this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bothersome to me. every chance i get i let my distaste be known. yesterday as i was riding the escalator this young latin man was behind me on his cellular and he said, "for real dog! nah, my n*gger!" i looked at him like he had 4 heads. another time i was in the movie theater and these 2 teenage latin boys were using the word in every sentence! i told them to stop using that filthy word in my prescence and they obliged.

Therious said:
yes it is from rap music. rap has had such an effect on the world it controls the brains of most youth. whats really wack is I hear young black kids calling their white friends "my n""ga". Depending on contexted from a black person it doesn't offend me. but i hate to hear any non-black say it.,.

Yeah, T., but the genie is outta the bottle, now... If I did what LadyLibra did in NYC with the, literally, millions of young African and Latino youth and elders using the term, I wouldn't have time to breathe, much less live...(smile!) We brought other people's behaviour on ourselves, sad to say...

Peace!
isaiah

Isaiah said:
Yeah, T., but the genie is outta the bottle, now... If I did what LadyLibra did in NYC with the, literally, millions of young African and Latino youth and elders using the term, I wouldn't have time to breathe, much less live...(smile!) We brought other people's behaviour on ourselves, sad to say...

Peace!
isaiah

That is sad to say, but you are correct.

panafrica said:
That is sad to say, but you are correct.

I admit that there have been 2 ocassions where I corrected young Arabs, who's stores we walk into, and are constantly using that term around... I actually felt it was an empty gesture after scolding these folks... Why??? Because it really isn't their fault that they feel comfortable using the term, it's ours...

There was a time when African Americans would not use that word out of our own company... It was understood to be an intra-group thing, and you'd rarely hear it, if at all, outside of the confines of polite company... What we failed to do was make our children understand the subtlety of that...

Many groups actually use derogatory terms in the way that AFrican Americans use the "N" word, but they are careful to keep the word QUARANTINED from usage by others... They don't play no games with these words, talking about they're diminishing its power by allowing the rest of the world to insult them with it... How DUMB!!!

But we Black Elders are to blame for raising our chidlren to be ignorant of the subtlety... Sad, indeed, brother PanAfrica...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back