Black People : the "N" word ( two cultures )

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by bigtown, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    This question is for all of the enlightened Black folks hear. Do you think it's time to except that the black race is now divided into two separate cultures? I know that the "******" word is ofensive to us as black people, but there are a separate culture within our race which embraces the "******" culture and passes it down to the next generation.This probably won't gain me any new friends but I'll explain. In the black culture, we are taught to become as knowledgeable as possible. In the black culture, we are taught that to be incarcerated means that you are placed back in bondage, therefore back into slavery. In my black culture, we are taught to always respect ourselves and be aware of ones self. In my black culture we are taught to take care of ones family and to work as hard as possible to maintain our households. In my black culture we are taught to keep our communities safe and clean, and not to bring elements into it that may change that.
    The sub culture, ( "N word" culture) they do not value knowledge beyond what's in the "hood". In the "N" culture, to be incarcerated is a right of passage, something to be proud of in some instances ( check out some rap videos). In the N culture, nothing is truly respected, not even life itself,they don't even respect themselves. Nor do they behave appropriately in public. They don't take care of their children, they don't respect women enough to take care of her. They don't care how torn up their communities are. They usually contribute to it's condition. In my opinion, we as black people have been carrying these folks for too long now, and it's time we come to except that the only thing we share is skin color. Most of the brothers in prison are there because they've victimized another black person, why do we worry about them so much? These folks will never get it together because they don't want to. Getting it together takes to much work for them. They are an embarrassment, ''the black mans' burden". We are working way to hard trying to save a group of people instead of working within the "black culture" to get things together. I say let them do what they want to do, and that's be a group of losers. While the rest of us be the kings and queens we are.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I have to disagree with you! Not all Black people who are incarncerated are losers. Everyone makes mistakes but that doesn't necessarily make them a loser. Some will come out of prison and turn their life around and some won't. Those people in prison are family members of many. How do you tell a mother to forget about her child that she raised, nutured, and faught her hardest to keep him/her safe. Some people are in prison for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (no pun intended, but its true!)

You being a Black man can easily be picked up for a crime because someone made a positive ID and said that it was you. Should we forget about you as well and brand you a loser too?

I understand what you are saying about two culture. However, I could never except that I should seperate myself from the one. We need to educate our children of their selfworth, not seperate from them.

No one is exempt from time. Eventually we will get to old to fight by ourselves and our children would have grown to represent us in the future. Believe it or not, but we need each other! What makes our struggle to unify so hard is we have the blind leading the blind. Many don't know their worth and lead others by example.

We should never give-up or class ourself as seperate because unity is what we need. We need to educate our people, so they can educate their children, so that our children can come together in strength and knowledge.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    we as people should be for the people every man jailed are not a loser
    just misguided alone the way and made a mistake in life the N word is a
    slavery name the master gave in temp to control us and corrupt the minds
    it just show another fact in our deep struggle as we lable the next instead
    of lifting him out the crazy rage we have to unite and become a unity to
    defeat these odds we all the same people / cultures surely i can be pointed
    out like sista Purplemoon stated and it don't make me a loser just false I.D
    by the system you have some strong great fathers behind bars who have
    upheld there respectful homes and families .......I truely disagree with your
    statement but value your point of view .

4. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Two cultures???? Stop advocating the idea of doing the devil's work for him. You know, divide and conquer. With all due respect, you sound like a [email protected] fool. It is incumbent upon us (those with self-respect and knowledge of self) to uplift the others, not abandon them.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Chucky ... this is not acceptable. Please try to discuss without attacking Members personally.

Thank You.

:heart:

Destee

6. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    THE "N" WORD

I APPRECIATE THE COMPLIMENT CHUCKY.
    SO LET'S TALK ABOUT DIVIDE AND CONQUER. FIRSTLY, I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BLACK MEN WHO ARE CONSTANTLY IN AND OUT OF PRISON FOR VICTIMIZING BLACK PEOPLE, NOT THE INNOCENT BROTHERS THAT CATCH A RAW DEAL ( WE SHOULD WORK ON GETTING THEM OUT). SURE I KNOW THE ROOTS OF OUR DISTRUST FOR ONE ANOTHER. BUT BY VICTIMIZING OTHER BLACK PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITIES, THEY ADD FUEL TO THE FLAMES OF THIS DISTRUST. THAT'S ALL THEY DO. THOSE MEN HAVE TAKEN THEMSELVES OUT OF THE STRUGGLE, TRADED IT IN FOR A FREE MEAL AND PLACE TO SLEEP. AS FAR AS EDUCATING THEM GOES, IF YOU LEAD A MAN TO WATER BUT IF HE DOESN'T DRINK DO YOU THEN WAIT THERE WITH HIM TILL HE DOES? OR DO YOU MOVE ON TO HELP THE NEXT MAN THAT KNOWS THE IMPORTANCE OF IT? IT'S TIME WE ACCEPT THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL NEVER GET IT. THOSE SAME FOLKS WILL TEACH THE NEXT GENERATION NOT TO GET IT. IT'S UGLY, BUT REAL. FORGIVE ME IF I DON'T SHARE IN YOUR ONE FOR ALL PHILOSOPHY.

WE ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS THE INDIVIDUAL

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    every brother in jail is not a loser.

every brother in jail is not a martyr.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    This is a very, very difficult situation for me take sides on. (Pertaining to Black Males)

Black Men are the most feared men in America. And because of that, we get locked-up, we are harassed my Police, punished to the MAX, and so forth. We need to be there for eachother, for better or for worse. Once I believed that to start off a better Black Community, get rid of the people who destroy it. Those people are thugs, drug-dealers, and such. But those people have families. I would HATE to take down a brotha in front of his woman and children. This is NOT a war. We will NOT have any wars within ourselves. Yes, they mught be thugs, but deep down inside they are normal human beings just like us, except they were not guided by the same people we were. If America could send us on a boat back to Africa, I'll bet they would. And the prisons will have very little Black inmates. But they realize that Black folks (men and women) are too strong for that, so they don't try it. We all dislike the Black-on-Black crimes that are going on. PLEASE stop them. It was only about 4 hours ago when I had a 1 hour conversation with a young black felon. He does not have anyone to reach out to and did not have anyone to reach out to. Since he was released, he has a job, he is staying clean, staying away from the terrible in-crowds, and taking care of his family. He says that since he came home, everyone has gotten out of control. There is now not much that he can do. His younger sister is becoming a Hood-rat, his younger brother is smoking weed and walking up and down the streets doing nothing, his 4 year-old younger brother is starting to get into trouble, and his mother is working long hours. Are you going to call them 'losers' if they are doing the best that they can do, although they are ex-cons?

THEY NEED US.

WE NEED EACHOTHER.

And the "N" word, it has become a habit. Words like the "N" word, bird, trick, whore, all of those negative words are coming out of Rap's mouth, and only we as strong people can shut it. Technically, I don't even know what the word means, so I don't say it. And I ramificate every child that does say it.

9. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I use the N word and really do not care about other folks that use it. I got too many other dangers in life to deal with a word that has no meaning to me anymore.

10. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :boring: I will offer no further comments since I have been admonished to not engage in personal attacks. So, carry on......