The 'N' word keeps my teeth clean

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Thank you, Michael Richards

By Leonard Pitts | Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The N-word has had few friends better than comedian Paul Mooney.

Put aside that the word was long a staple of his act. Put aside the promotional pamphlet he once sent out that screamed the word in big, fat type. Consider instead what he told anyone who argued that blacks should stop using the word. He replied that he said it a hundred times every morning. “It keeps my teeth white.”

Last week, the selfsame Paul Mooney joined the Rev. Jesse Jackson and California Rep. Maxine Waters in a news conference asking black folks to stop using the N-Word. In other news, there are unconfirmed reports of pigs flying above Times Square.

Mooney says he was “cured” of his N-word addiction by Michael Richards’ infamous meltdown last month at the Laugh Factory. I tend to think he’s not the only one. Everywhere I turn lately, I find black folk debating the stubborn insistence some of us have on using this word.

As a FOOL, glad MICHAEL RICHARDS INCIDENT is not CHANGING ANY PART OF ME with this 'N' matter. If we are still dealing with issue like this, it sets us up to START OVER, when we should be DONE WITH THIS.

Oh well.

$$RICH$$ said:
We as people need to drop this trade word from our history / mouths and
vocabulary and free ourselves time blacks wake up to the facts...............

I would agree to a certain extent, but the use of the 'N' word has alot of PROFIT behind it, SOCIETAL STATUS or ACCEPTANCE and also MONEY - alot of it.

So if its going to be a wake up call, it might be a FALL OUT of BED and HURT YOURSELF ONE.

Mooney says n-o to n-word INTERVIEW

Mooney says n-o to n-word INTERVIEW

Some questions

So, what happened? You heard about Richards at the Laugh Factory — he was caught on tape attacking black audience members.

I have known Michael Richards for something like 20 years. We’re friends. But I heard about the tape, and I said, “That doesn’t sound like a comic routine. That sounds like a breakdown.” Then I saw the tape, and I had an out of body experience. It was so ugly, so horrible. I hadn’t heard (the n-word) like this — from someone I knew. Suddenly I was directly connected. I was able to look at it not just through my eyes but through the eyes of the world. I had always thought it was endearing. It’s NOT. It’s not an equal opportunity word. I don’t want everyone running around saying it.

Being friends with Richards, did you ever have an inkling he could say those kinds of things?

No, he never showed me that. Never. We had a private meeting, and he told me he didn’t know he had that ugliness in him. He said some white people had come up to him after the show and said, “We agree with you. We’re behind you.” He said it scared him. He didn’t want to be the new Klansman.

MOONEY and RICHARDS are FRIENDS. Friends usually have ALOT in COMMON.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back