Black People Politics : The "N-Word-ization of America"- Cornel West

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Seksen, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    It has been 40 years since the Attica Riots. Many brothers died because of inhumane treatment that they suffered while behind bars. Many others were murdered because they would not continue to suffer in silence. Listen to Dr. West give his speech to commemorate them then and know. This should inspire us to move, move , and keep moving forward. If you can, look at some of the other clips also. Peace

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Seksen ... thank you for sharing.

I edited the title, replacing the N word ... i just couldn't stand seeing it on our home page.

Sorry.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    I understand your sentiments with the use of the word. I also know the origins of it also. "Negus"= supreme, ruler , potentate, honorable were the definitions originally applied to this word by its African creators, but the barbarian (caucasoid) could not pronounce it correctly so, we ended up with a bastardized version that we know today as "nig##r". We are going to have to stop letting our enemies take our words and twisting them to re-define who we are. Personally I strive to be considered a "Negus" as I go through this life. This is one of the most eye opening speeches that lets the masses of so called privileged class began to see that they are now in the same class as those who they looked down upon in disgust and loathing. Since 9/11 all working class people whether black or white in these United Snakes Of Amerikka have been re-classified as "Nig##rs by the rich thieves and rulers of this sick and twisted nation. I thank you for your perspective. Peace

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

I believe this is the first time i've heard of the word "Negus" ... thank you for sharing.

If you had used that one in the title, i probably wouldn't have changed it, but the so-called bastardized version is what both you and Cornell West used ... the same one that can't be found in its entirety anywhere on this site ... except perhaps, embedded in someone's media as above.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

You can even find the word in the Book Of Coming Forth By Day and By Night...aka Book of the Dead !!

HTP!!