Black Spirituality Religion : The Mythical/Mystical Christ

many archeologists have proven the existence of the man Jesus Christ...

the historical context in which the man lived alone, was proof enough..take a read...
and you won't find his bones, neither the Prophet Elijah, neither Enoch, or the Prophet Moses (although I will not get into that) why because they are all alive and well. amen.
http://www.carm.org/questions/Jesus_myth.htm

I checked out this link and by there own admission they say

''In other words, the Bible alone is sufficient evidence that Jesus lived, whether or not the critics want to admit it.''

And that's their evidence of proof ....

You may not realize it yet but you are dealing with folks who in a figure of speech 'saw the man behind the curtain who had the ppl of emerald city fooled about the great Oz' not only that but a lot of us even realize we got the power to go home. And like the story we had this power all along and we just didn't know it. Realizing your identification with God doesn't translate into being able to do magic tricks for folks on demand. Or anyone doing any silly bowing ritual to one another. (think about why bowing came to mind in the context you expressed in the other thread) It does translate to you becoming the great ppl that you look up to. Real folks not fictious ones. And it does translate into you over coming any obstacle in your life that would have stoppped ppl whom only see themselves as mearly human. You seeing yourself as separate from everything else is your illusion. Me seeing my connection with everthing is my illusion. The advantage I have over you is that
'I got mad connections':grouphug:

I checked out this link out and by there own admission they say

''In other words, the Bible alone is sufficient evidence that Jesus lived, whether or not the critics want to admit it.''

And that's their evidence of proof ....

You may not realize it yet but you are dealing with folks who in a figure of speech 'saw the man behind the curtain who had the ppl of emerald city fooled about the great Oz' not only that but a lot of us even realize we got the power to go home. And like the story we had this power all along and we just didn't know it. Realizing your identification with God doesn't translate into being able to do magic tricks for folks on demand. Or anyone doing any silly bowing ritual to one another. (think about why bowing came to mind in the context you expressed in the other thread) It does translate to you becoming the great ppl that you look up to. Real folks not fictious ones. And it does translate into you over coming any obstacle in your life that would have stoppped ppl whom only see themselves as mearly human. You seeing yourself as separate from everything else is your illusion. Me seeing my connection with everthing is my illusion. The advantage I have over you is that
'I got mad connections':grouphug:

so you think it was proven all from the bible? matter a fact...forget it as for your connections, there are far more black Christian that any other thing, maybe not here since you all are so very tolerant...but I am not scared of you, do not care what you think. and won't be driven off either. so connect with people who want you...

as for your illusion, non illusion, doesn't make any sense what so ever...so are you one with the trees is that it? if so it is hardly original...

so you think it was proven all from the bible?
I was quoting what they said
matter a fact...forget it as for your connections, there are far more black Christian that any other thing,
Yes my Christian connections, and your point?
maybe not here since you all are so very tolerant...
I believe there's a lot of proud christian members here too I And don't forget Muslims as well:hiya:
but I am not scared of you,
Oh was I suppose to frighten you???(really,:10500: fill me in why you felt you needed to say that, and try and be honest)
do not care what you think. and won't be driven off either.
I'm hoping you have an indefinite stay here. I actually enjoy reading most of your threads. Differentiation and opposing forces are important factors in everyone's individual reality and reality as a whole. Over coming life's challenges are the key to spiritual growth.
so connect with people who want you...
I'm already connected I thought I told you that
as for your illusion, non illusion, doesn't make any sense what so ever...
It flies so far above your head it's funny. Maybe you can at least see now why I enjoy reading your posts. You reflect in-depth concepts better than Wonder Woman reflects bullets.
2056.jpg

:rolleyes:
so are you one with the trees is that it?
nicecolorcomboofTreeandpersonstill.jpg

Yes and everything else
take a close up view
astronaut_3.jpg

now point out the difference btwn me you and those trees you mentioned. (and that is a close view do you need the milky-way view too)
if so it is hardly original...
Alas we agree :congrats:
There's nothing new under the sun. Your ancestors a few thousand years back is beginning to see a flicker of hope.
Here's a Destee link that demonstrates a prime example of a connection to help you understand.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548056&postcount=4

peace

I'm hoping 'OnTyme' doesn't reflect this one too:spank:
Clyde Coger simply reached out to brotha TrueWise7. And even though the 2 brothas see from 2 very different religious perspectives their passion for truth forms a 'bond' btwn them. :10200:

alrighty then, are you trying to reach out to me to see where I am coming from? If so...Let me discuss a few things with you. this is also an interesting link http://www.netzarim.co.il/ about the fallacy of Christmas, easter, and all of the other pagan rituals...

It is a well known fact that Pontius Pilate, and King Herod did in fact exist...also the census during the time that Jesus was born in Bethlehem also existed. What you may not have known is that Nero who burned Rome to the ground blamed it on Christians, in doing so much of the early knowledge and patriarchs of Christianity died...
From a Historian, from 115 AD Cornelius Tacitus, wrote about the great slaughter, thousands, died many hid in Catacombs, and were routed out and butchered.
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml

In 115 AD, P. Cornelius Tacitus wrote the following passage that refers to Jesus (called “Christus,” which means “The Messiah”) in book 15, chapter 44 of The Annals:

“Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.”

The Christian Church as we know it today is not the Christian Church that was nearly eradicated by that homosexual dog...

That being said...there have been several biblical prophecies that have been actually happened...one of the first ones that came to my mind was the fall of Edom. Edom was mentioned in the movie Indiana Jones the one about the lost ark...a now dead civilization.
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/fulfill.shtml

Edom was a very powerful nation and Petra was not only a great city, but Edom’s capital. The people of Edom were proud of the strength of their cities, over which Petra reigned supreme. Located next to the mountain (or mountain range) of Mount Seir, other nations and people often referred to Petra as “Mount Seir”—a symbol of their strength and lofty position. Unfortunately, they were a very evil nation and each of the many prophecies about them in the Bible includes God’s judgment of their actions and a description of their future destruction. The Old Testament book of Obadiah is completely devoted to this topic. Other examples include the following:

here are the biblical prophecies regarding Edom...
these are just a few there are a lot...
Ezekiel 25 (Estimated date of writing, 593-570 B.C.)
12 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because of what Edom did against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended by avenging itself on them,”
13 therefore thus says the Lord GOD: “I will also stretch out My hand against Edom, cut off man and beast from it, and make it desolate from Teman; Dedan shall fall by the sword.” ’

Ezekiel 35 (Estimated date of writing, 593-570 B.C.)
1 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2 “Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir and prophesy against it,
3 and say to it, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD:

“Behold, O Mount Seir, I am against you;
I will stretch out My hand against you,
And make you most desolate;
4 I shall lay your cities waste,
And you shall be desolate.
Then you shall know that I am the LORD.

5 “Because you have had an ancient hatred, and have shed the blood of the children of Israel by the power of the sword at the time of their calamity, when their iniquity came to an end,
6 therefore, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “I will prepare you for blood, and blood shall pursue you; since you have not hated blood, therefore blood shall pursue you.
7 Thus I will make Mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it the one who leaves and the one who returns.
8 And I will fill its mountains with the slain; on your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those who are slain by the sword shall fall.’ ”

Nothing happened to Edom for about 100 years,
Then, during the fifth century (400-499) B.C. the “Edomites” were overwhelmed by other Arab groups. In turn, these groups were taken over by the Nabataeans, who started living in the area sometime around 312 B.C. By the way, the Nabataeans, not the Edomites, are the people who cut the temples in the sandstone walls of Petra.[1] Under the Nabataeans, the city of Petra flourished until 106 A.D., when the Romans conquered Petra.[2] From that time it slid into disuse, to the point that Edom was almost uninhabited from the 7th to the 12th century A.D. It revived slightly in the 12th century when the crusaders built a castle there called Sel. Afterward, it remained so forgotten that it had to be rediscovered in 1812 by Swiss traveler Johann. L. Burckhardt.[3]

ok about the existence of Jesus Christ...well let me get into it as best I can and use as many non-biblical sources since they offend you so much. I also have some very very interesting astrological stuff you can look into at a later time if your interested, and the Morning Star...and the year that venus and Jupiter rose in the east together as one star..but I will leave that for later. It is an extremely rare event and was prophesied by Isaiah.

1.) the Romans acknowledged his existence:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article784417.ece
Tacitus, the Roman historian who lived from 55 to 120, mentions “Christus” in his Annals. In about 120 Suetonius, author of The Lives of the Caesars, says: “Since the Jews constantly made disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, Emperor Claudius expelled them from Rome.”
Now why would the Jews fight such a myth?

2)The Jews acknowledge his existence...the writings of a Jewish Historian.
The existence of Jesus Christ is recorded by the Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus, who was born in A.D. 37.
http://focusonjerusalem.com/JesusChrist-factorfiction.html
Now there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles.

He was (the) Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those who loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day (Antiquities, XVIII, III)

a lawsuit was filed in Italy saying they could not prove the existence of Christ by and Atheist who made millions writing a book refuting the existence of Christ...and the one who is responsible for this thread. they answered with the writings of many historians of all religions around the time that Christ lived. in fact what is really controversial is not IF He existed the better question is when...
I have a question for you one thing is sure...Peter, Paul, John, Barnabas, Mark, Matthew ALL EXISTED, and they all died violent deaths except for John who lived later and was later butched...why would they let this happen for a mythical figure? why? they were asked to renounce him and live and they wouldn't...why not? reason with me here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back