Black People : THE MYTH OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIME

Then why call it a "myth"?

The "myth" part comes in when people pretend that only black people commit violent acts upon members of their race. The "reality" is that violence has, overall, an affinity causation. And EVERYONE knows it's true, i.e., when Joe Polonski's wife comes to work with a black eye, NO ONE thinks some randumb black man punched her in the face; EVERYONE thinks her husband, Joe, hit her. EVERYONE knows her black eye comes from someone near and dear, and the first suspect is her white husband, Joe. And when Joe Polonski is mugged, 99 times out of 100, it will be in a white neighborhood, by white thugs. Black thugs Joe will stay away from (non-affinity, i.e., people he has NO relation or connection to).... and if he sees them coming down the street, he'll cross to the other side. Most violence is committed by people of the same race as the victim.... and everyone knows it. Therein lies the myth - that only black people commit violence towards their fellows.

To the families who lost their loved ones to black violence, it's a tragedy.

There was and is a sense of blacks failing to live up to other folks expectations, i. e., such things none of us would resort to, whereas some folk presume/assume/etc. there was and is a one size fits all take on being 'us' and/or being 'them' too...

Simply put: The popular take on being black or white reflects social myths and/or have nothing or little to do with reality etc.

In the case of lamebrained Mitt Romney, he played the 'race' card, and lost big time to Obama...

Also in the case of Bill Cosby, he revealed how dated his viewpoints are, and/or how socially based others overviews are too...

Thing is: I choose to respond to the challenges, not simply react to them...

Above and beyond that:

Even the rhetoric reflective of black activists etc. after the Urban Rebellions of the sixties etc. revealed some failed to do their homework, i. e., the likes of Rap Brown etc. were never linked to them, and/or didn't truly either know how to resolve the issues/problems/etc. which brought them about, nor how to resolve them...

Flashforward and even today's elder leaders have less of a real rapport with our black youth and/or our youth at risk...

I too have had to backtrack, take into serious consideration who also saw them differently, than I had earlier on, too...

I. e., there's nothing gained, much lost, if we can't be candid and honest about the rise and fall of some popular black organizations, post Rebellion era...

Such is what I also do feel and think lead to the very creation of this website, i. e., when white haters etc. undermined our updates, via BLACK VOICES in particular...

As in: How the BLA degenerated to what is now the most reactionary bunch of locked up cons aka the BLACK GUERRA (sic) FAMILY, and/or advocating everything we progressive folk were and are against, as well as their bad examples, ad naseum...

I need not listen to the demented lyrics of the typical gangsta rap track, since I see the negative impact, almost 24/7..

Such is the backdrop of why some alleged wannabees also become victims of cop shootings too...

I'm not into social or political nostalgia...

I'm also about helping to bring us up to speed, via the present...

FYI

bot

Even though it's a late (but not never) comeback:

My point was and is we dare not degenerate to idealized viewpoints aka nostalgia about the recent past, as opposed to being candid and honest about the reality checks of the present...

No, I wasn't aware of even George Jackson's tie to the BLA, and what remains of its originators have become a part of the problem, via the here and now...

Black or white, haters are just that...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back