Black Education / Schools : The more education, the more coward?

A college education doesn't hurt you when you're trying to start your own business or doing whatever else you want to do in life unless you go about it some unrealistic way (taking on massive amounts of debt without considering cheaper/affordable options).

That college debt is really disturbing. It wasn't as bad an issue when I first started going. Right now, they're predicting a college bubble because of loan defaults. If I was just starting, and my job wasn't paying for it, I'd be at the Library of Congress searching for every scholarship I could find.

One day while I was working on the guard force, this visitor came through. She was a sister, and I remember her telling me that she paid for her entire education up to her masters, including room and board, just by going to the Library of Congress and searing for scholarships. I had already took out a student loan by then, plus I was almost finished. But I never forgot that.

Yeah, I wish I was more proactive in searching for scholarships. In most of my scholarship searches, most scholarships were either for:
- Low income
- Extremely-high performing students (3.6 GPA+)
- Women
- HBCU students (when searching for black scholarships)
- Or scholarships with some weird&random criteria like for example- "LGBT single fathers aged 25-34 in [insert random rural county] seeking a degree in Journalism". :lol:

Don't get me wrong, these groups are definitely deserving of scholarships but sadly, I was disqualified by all of these metrics. However, I did get a few scholarships but they were of low-value, but I do appreciate them (I graduate in May with a 4-year degree); oh yeah, when I look for scholarships now, there are even fewer for graduating univ. seniors.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back