Black People : The more educated you are, less tolerance you have for poor blacks

I heard Cornell West say that :"To have our own economy is a pipe dream."

Carter G. Woodson

Negroes who have been so long inconvenienced and denied opportunities for development are naturally afraid of anything that sounds like discrimination.

If the white man wants to hold on to it, let him do so; but the Negro, so far as he is able, should develop and carry out a program of his own.

I guess he wouldn't know Carter G. Woodson either.

dustyelbow said:
I heard Cornell West say that :"To have our own economy is a pipe dream."

Carter G. Woodson

Negroes who have been so long inconvenienced and denied opportunities for development are naturally afraid of anything that sounds like discrimination.

If the white man wants to hold on to it, let him do so; but the Negro, so far as he is able, should develop and carry out a program of his own.

I guess he wouldn't know Carter G. Woodson either.
I have to agree here.It seems that they think you can build a pyramid from the top down (ie the people on tv to the people on the streets) when you have to start from the bottom up.

why are we arguing over something so simple.

Higher priced education--- many blacks see the stupidity in paying 25 to 100k for a piece of paper. wed all love to be doctors or lawyers or scientists. but the wesrtern university system is a scam. it has benefits yes, but dont romanticize this magic diploma idea.

how many college grads right here in this forum are still struggling to pay their bills ? or find employment?

and btw for the poster who wants to compoare us to these foreigners who are fooled by the white man. Asians, Indians.Jamaicans. Afrikans and arabs come here and open corner stores, restaraunts, and other smal business. i talked to one asian lady who owned a restaraunt, she talked about how here family just opens up stores and they make the same as college grads.

I know truck drivers who pull down 60,000 to 100,000 per year. Realestate ect, hey how about acting, voice-over, screen writting ect.

College is good, but these store owners, restaraunt owners, ect make a pretty penny off of the "edcated people" who shop at their stores.. Why dont more blacks open up stores and restaraunts like other races in black areas???

I think we help to brainwash our kids by telling them they have to go to college, if you canty afford to go to college with out taking out massive loans, you may want to consider alternative routes of investment!

its not what you know, its what you do with what you know, or how you do it.

One of the richest men in the country bill gates droped out of college!!

Therious said:
why are we arguing over something so simple.

Higher priced education--- many blacks see the stupidity in paying 25 to 100k for a piece of paper. wed all love to be doctors or lawyers or scientists. but the wesrtern university system is a scam. it has benefits yes, but dont romanticize this magic diploma idea.

how many college grads right here in this forum are still struggling to pay their bills ? or find employment?

and btw for the poster who wants to compoare us to these foreigners who are fooled by the white man. Asians, Indians.Jamaicans. Afrikans and arabs come here and open corner stores, restaraunts, and other smal business. i talked to one asian lady who owned a restaraunt, she talked about how here family just opens up stores and they make the same as college grads.

I know truck drivers who pull down 60,000 to 100,000 per year. Realestate ect, hey how about acting, voice-over, screen writting ect.

College is good, but these store owners, restaraunt owners, ect make a pretty penny off of the "edcated people" who shop at their stores.. Why dont more blacks open up stores and restaraunts like other races in black areas???

I think we help to brainwash our kids by telling them they have to go to college, if you canty afford to go to college with out taking out massive loans, you may want to consider alternative routes of investment!

its not what you know, its what you do with what you know, or how you do it.

One of the richest men in the country bill gates droped out of college!!

Ok, you've mentioned some reasons why you don't value a college education, and they may be valid for you, but why call paying for college a stupid idea especially when so many Blacks are willing to pay $40-50, 000 for a car? It sounds like you don't have a problem with AAs being the least educated people in the country. But if college is such a "stupid" investment, why do you suppose so many white people and jews are willing to make major sacrifices, scheme, lie, take out 2nd mortgages etc. to send their children to college? I mean, why would you suppose that these people who are already super-privileged see the value of a college degree when many Blacks don't?

College is not for everyone, but neither is opening a business. There should be Blacks doing a VARIETY of legal things (like truck-driving, as you mentioned) to make money, instead I hear a lot about Black males being unemployed or underemployed or having dropped out of the employment market. Okay, so let's say Black males shouldn't go to college, why aren't they opening businesses like the asians or like the college dropout, Bill Gates you mentioned? They probably don't have the proper knowledge and skills, I would say. BTW, Bill Gates' parents' were paying his Harvard tuition. I'm sure they didn't think that money was wasted.

Maybe you see many Blacks who don't attend college opening businesses. I don't. Some of the foreiegners who have those stores are using the money to send their children to college if their children can pass the English language test to get in. I know that for a fact, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that ONE asian woman if I were you. Many Asian students are the MOST academically aggressive, even at Ivy League schools like Harvard, so AAs are far from being on a par with asians academically. Asian students are even out-performing whites on standardized tests and getting slots in colleges and universities that whites are not able to test into.

A college education gives a person a tremendous advantage in life, and if more Black people majored in more technical areas, business areas like accounting, finance, and the sciences, the employment opportunities would be MUCH greater.

Yes, there is A LOT of intolerance towards poor blacks... this is probably one of the reasons they lash out so much being in some cases just ignorant towards othe blacks that don't think like them.

Sadly, from what I see having mingled in both middle, lower-middle, and upper-class black areas it's a hell of a lot of blacks behaving in this manner.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back