Africa : The Moors of North Africa and the White Slaves

peace

Did you know anything about the Moors before you began reading Dr. Van Sertimas work?

Do you know what the european christians were up to, or doing at that time?

And your title has MOORS in it, but in your post you are asking about MUSLIMS? So, i'm not sure if you are referring to Moors as Arabs?

Also note, that at that time european so called nobles would hold big festivals and Europeans would dress up as moors and do all types of un-godly things to spread negative Moorish propaganda....

So again, if this is the first time you've read up on the Moors, i suggest you keep reading that book and several others. As it seems you want to play the "tit for tat' game. " If blacks enslaved whites, then why are blacks mad at white people for enslaving them type of thing...." :wink:

Happy reading...
Yes. I know what the mainstream historians teach. Now I'm looking into the 'real thing'. I've watched Booker T. Coleman talking about the subject before, though.

Yes. European Dark Age, I know about that.

I quoted Sertima in the post. I'm refering to the people who conquered the Iberian Peninsula, called Moors. In reality they were Berbers (black Africans) and Arabs. It is correct to call Muslims.

I'm not playing any game. I just want to know if the Moors enslaved only Europeans (or mostly Europeans) or they enslaved Arabs and Berbers as well.

The Moorish propaganda started after the Reconquista, I think. Is also when white supremacy appeared for the first time.

peace

Yes. I know what the mainstream historians teach. Now I'm looking into the 'real thing'. I've watched Booker T. Coleman talking about the subject before, though.

Yes. European Dark Age, I know about that.

I quoted Sertima in the post. I'm refering to the people who conquered the Iberian Peninsula, called Moors. In reality they were Berbers (black Africans) and Arabs. It is correct to call Muslims.

I'm not playing any game. I just want to know if the Moors enslaved only Europeans (or mostly Europeans) or they enslaved Arabs and Berbers as well.

The Moorish propaganda started after the Reconquista, I think. Is also when white supremacy appeared for the first time.

peace

You did ask if the 'Moors' were the FIRST to enslave others 'by the color of their skin',
Which is why I asked concerning the EAST.

Therefore my answer to your question would be NO, because the Persians were involved in the slave trade before the 'Moors' as were the 'Babylonians'.

You did ask if the 'Moors' were the FIRST to enslave others 'by the color of their skin',

Therefore my answer to your question would be NO, because the Persians were involved in the slave trade before the 'Moors' as were the 'Babylonians'.

Some refer to it as the 'Arab' slave trade but it was centered in the Horn of Africa and was extended into Persia under the Sassanid Empire as well as the Fatamids in Egypt.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade

Thank you. I will check that.

But I'm reading the second half of the book and Blacks were also enslaved in North Africa. Altough the slave trade of the Moors was very 'generous' in comparison to what Europeans did years later. But a slave is still a slave.

peace

Some refer to it as the 'Arab' slave trade but it was centered in the Horn of Africa and was extended into Persia under the Sassanid Empire as well as the Fatamids in Egypt.
It is frustrating reading about Arabs. Arab is a term for anyone who talk Arabic. I don't know if they were Black or Caucasians. In that article says that many of the slave traders were Black Africans.

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back