Black Women : The Mirror

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by CarrieMonet, Sep 1, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    We are black women who were once young girls. (obviously)

But how do you think you turned out? How would you describe yourself, the person you've become today? Being honest, what would you like to change about your character?

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    hummmmmm! love to hear what da ladies say on dis here !
    nice topic

4. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    well

I might not even be able to say I've come a long way because I ain't been grown but a minute. I'd still say that with everything I've been through I've grown significantly. I think my securities have had a chance to bloom greatly because I haven't been in a situation where everyone is only about popularity and how far they could take themselves through who they knew and hung around...aka junior high and high school.

I stopped caring about the thoughts of others pertaining to me in the 7th grade and it was a little shakey until the day I graduated. All I know is that the older I get the more I'm satisfied with the things I can't change and the more I work on the things I can. I see that it's the same for the other girls, too.

So, I think I've turned out fine, and I'm still turning.

5. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    sorry posted twice

6. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm not exactly sure how I turned out. I think I'm upbeat, fun loving, and down to earth. Overall I am a friend to just about everyone I meet...which could be both a good and bad thing- but so far it's been a good thing. I still feel so YOUNG.

I like myself. But I'm always growing and learning. I have a little anxiety about being child free soon...with a little less responsibilities and have been contemplating what I want to do next.

If I could change something, I would try to be a little less pessimistic when it comes to relationships...I avoid them like the plague. I like my friendships, but when a man tries to move things to the next level...I put on the brakes.

7. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    First off, I love the picture of the crab, fellow moonchild.

I too am still an envolving work in progress. I know things today that I didn't know at this same time last year. I have more ambition to pursue my dreams now instead of just working my job. I embrace me. My features, my flaws, what little bit of knowledge that I do have about things. My strengths and my weaknesses and can admit them to people freely now. Overall, I think I turned out the way I am supposed to because I am not done by far.

8. atomicangel

atomicangel Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    well, im not that old so i think ive still got a lot to learn. on the whole, i think ive turned out pretty well. i feel that ive learnt from past mistakes. im caring, i'm very helpful and generous (especially to the people most in need), im ambitious, academic, and a good listener. im trustworthy and am very good at making people feel good about themselves. im very sensitive and romantic and get along with most people because i am like a chameleon in some ways.
    i would like to change the way i take a lot of things to heart. i seem to wear my heart on my sleeve. i also need to stop being so uptight in relationships and learn to relax. and i need to control my temper- i am quite violent :mad: .

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I think I turned out far better than I thought I could when I was younger.

I'd describe myself as ... hmm ... lemme get back on that one.

I'd like to change my sluggishness in attitude for the most part; sometimes I feel I don't put in enough effort. It wasn't always like this, but after going through some things, I've just been not giving my all because of feeling so discouraged. Kind of depressing. :SuN008: