Black Short Stories : The Mirror

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Ireadastory, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    One night I dreamed that I was on a five thousand dollar shopping spree. There I was going from store to store trying on clothes and taking clothes off. I was trying on everything from blue jeans and sweatshirts to after five gowns. The colors of the many outfits I was trying on and taking off ranged from pretty pinks and luscious reds to the classic basic blacks. I walked into my favorite store, Scenes, I picked out a few outfits, stepped into the dressing room to try them on, when all of a sudden I heard “come with me, come with me”. It wasn’t scary or anything it just sounded as if someone was trying to get me to do what was demanded. I looked around to see if anyone else had been in the room that I might not have seen, I even looked out the dressing room door to see if anyone remotely acted as if they had heard something strange. “Come with me, come with me” I heard it again so I leaned my ear against the walls of the tiny room hoping that I could hear the demand coming from someone in a dressing room on either side of me. As I pressed against the dressing room mirror I seemed to be entering into it and I had pushed so far in that there was no turning back. I stepped into the mirror and entered a strange land where people were all different colors, I don’t mean different colors because of ethnic backgrounds, I mean literally different colors.

I found out later that the different colors represented the person’s inner being. For example, if a person was the color blue that meant that that person had a warm nature. If the person was yellow that meant that that person had a shining inner character and so on and so on. Just as I was about to ask what my color meant I was suddenly somewhere else. I was in a courtroom being questioned about a murder case I knew nothing about but
    yet there I was sitting on the stand crying and yelling “he didn’t do it, it was his twin brother, he has a twin!” I didn’t even know who “he” was or who his twin was or for that matter where I was. I put my face in my hands crying hysterically. When I raised my head up again I was pregnant, I had two kids and a husband. I lived in a small beige house that looked exactly like all the other houses on the street. What was so strange about where I was, was that all the other women on the street was pregnant, had two kids and a husband also. Wherever I was I did not stand out because everyone looked like everyone else. All of the women were glowing in their pregnancy with pretty, brown eyes, long flowing sandy red hair and flawless golden skin. The men were dark in skin tone, very tall and had melting smiles. The children, every boy and every girl looked alike as well. Each boy was light in skin tone, with curly black hair and light brown eyes. Each girl was dark in skin tone with long flowing hair and dark brown eyes.

The dream was weird everybody did everything at the same time. The whole dream changed when a robber and murderer entered into the neighborhood and began robbing and shooting everything and everyone in sight. When it was time for me to die and as I was looking down the barrel of a gun the mirror “arms” reached out and pulled me back through the dressing room mirror. I leaned back against the dressing room wall in total amazement trying to understand all that had happened to me. Just as I was getting ready to walk out of the dressing room, the door flew open with an unstoppable force. Mall security was standing in front of the door shining there flashlights in my face along with there guns drawn on me, at that moment I awoke from my dream.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this was a very nicely done short story
    u really have a sweet gift

3. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    dang, that was one crazy dream but I like it. Like Rich said, you have an incredible talent. Keep dem' short stories comin'.

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    love this one had to come back inside dis dream land

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Now that was interesting..............

6. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I must say that I am a little shocked that you all actually like this piece. It was something that I just made up in college after a professor kept ragging me about not being very creative in short story form because I wrote poetry more. After writing this I received an A, that shocked me too. So thank you all for your positive words.

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    most welcome and i see he did a great job coz ur creative is awesome now!