Law Forum : The Mike Brown Shooting

Just found this article from TruthOut and Op-EdNews. Both have published it which addresses the systemic changes in our social landscape toward militarized police to isolate, deny rights, e.g., immigration, voting, and even justifications for killing.

Understanding Our Many Fergusons: Kill Lines - the Will, the Right and the Need to Kill
Monday, 29 September 2014 10:47 By Noel A. Cazenave, Truthout | Op-Ed

A couple of quotes: "I developed this idea further in a talk I gave to a group of mothers in Hartford whose sons had been killed as a result of gun violence. At that forum, held in the wake of the killings of Eric Garner, Michael Brown and Ezell Ford by European-American police officers on Staten Island, in Ferguson, Missouri, and in Los Angeles, California, respectively, I made the link between racism and poverty to both such African-American on African-American gun violence and to European-American police and vigilante killings."

And: "such terrorism, what we might call the new 21st century version of lynchings, is intended to send a message that it is so-called white people who are in control and that black people had best stay in our place and to behave as white men with guns would have us to behave. Finally, I concluded that the underlying premise behind these "new lynchings" is that we African-Americans have no rights and that "white men," whether in uniform or not, have the right to kill "black" people as they please, and that right will not be abridged by anyone."

Here is the link to the full article:
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/2...lines-the-will-the-right-and-the-need-to-kill

another eye witness speaks...

OMG! This is the first time I've seen this!

I'm shocked to see those teenagers breaking in that store like that! But, this too only confirms that teenager should not have been shot to death like that!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back