Black People : The #MeToo Moment: What’s Next?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
The #MeToo Moment: What’s Next?

As the sexual misconduct scandals continue to unfold, our gender team is providing updates and analysis on the coverage and conversation in a new newsletter. Sign up here to receive future installments and tell us what you think at nytgender@nytimes.com.

Shortly after I became gender editor of The New York Times two months ago, the equally-new editor of the website Jezebel, Koa Beck, and I began a series of conversations on WNYC’s The Takeaway. Earlier this week, we recorded a segment about our hopes and worries for the #MeToo Moment in 2018.

Would we see a kind of Mike Pence-ification of working relationships, where men would quite literally wall themselves off from women for fear of crossing a line that seemed to be in motion?

The #MeToo Moment: What's Next? - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/us/the-metoo-moment-whats-next.html - - Cached - Similar pages

3 days ago ... Where does the #MeToo movement go from here? From talk to action, here's what we're hoping for the year ahead

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
#MeToo: A movement or a moment?

After the #MeToo hashtag blew up on social media in October, it opened the floodgates on a taboo topic and provided a platform for hundreds of thousands of people to share their experiences of sexual harassment and assault.

The hashtag was born from the slew of sexual misconduct accusations leveled first at Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and then a number of other powerful men.

#MeToo was not without its problems, particularly for women of color. But there can be strength in numbers, and the sheer volume of voices around #MeToo created, even briefly, a movement against what many believe is a misogynistic culture that enables sexual misconduct to go unchecked.

Is #MeToo a Movement or a Moment? - The Daily Beast
https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-metoo-a-movement-or-a-moment - 114k - Cached - Similar pages

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Is Time's Up the Next Step in the Me Too Movement?

"If you are someone who is more marginalized, it’s your right to expect other women who claim to be invested in this cause to help you, too."

Which is why it’s such a joy to see Hollywood power players like Reese Witherspoon, America Ferrera, and Shonda Rhimes have formed Time’s Up. The organization attempts to use their position to help others. Time’s Up is providing a fund run by the National Women's Law Center that will help cover legal expenses for all women standing up to sexual harassment. Thus far, they’ve raised more than $15 million. They’ve also pledged solidarity with the The National Farmworker Women’s Alliance, which shows a kind of class solidarity that we can only hope extends beyond Hollywood.

1. Time's Up Is the Future of the #MeToo Movement - How Can We ...
    http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/politics/a14754192/metoo-2018-ending-sexual-assault/ - 193k - Cached - Similar pages
    5 days ago ... Time's Up is providing a fund run by the National Women's Law Center that will help cover legal expenses for all women standing up to sexual harassment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Zimbabwe : Zimbabwe needs #MeToo moment, says acclaimed author Zimbabwe 0
IFE Black Women : Black Girl Magic and Black Girl Rock - MeToo Founder Tarana Burk Black Women 3
IFE Black Women : #MeToo? Black Women on the Periphery of a Movement Black Women 30
IFE Law Forum : #MeToo Movement Has Lawmakers Talking About Consent Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
IFE Black People : #MeToo Shows That Women Must Learn Sexual Self-defence Black People Open Forum 8
IFE Black Entertainment : How the #MeToo Movement Could Kill Some Sexy Hollywood Movies Black Entertainment 1
IFE Black People Politics : Saying #MeToo in Japan Black People Politics 0
IFE Black Women : When #MeToo excludes me: current movement mutes black women’s voices Black Women 56
IFE Black People Politics : Ivanka Trump tries to hop on Oprah’s #MeToo message. #MeToo says no thanks. Black People Politics 3
Kemetstry Black Women : METOO Black Women 81
C Black People : Black Afrikan People need To Just Stop And Be Still For A Moment!!! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss America are all black women. This 'Essence' cover honors the monumental moment Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Why ‘Black Panther’ Is a Defining Moment for Black America - Dora Milaje, the Dahomey Amazons Black People Politics 11
Senegal Black Sports : Magic and Isiah Share Grown Man Moment Black Sports 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Whose Streets? Powerful Ferguson film focuses on ‘flashpoint moment’ Black Entertainment 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black History moment: the poem that got Obama in trouble AACOOLDRE 0
nilevalley Black People : For a moment be the prophet how do you see Black America in 100 years Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Canton Mississippi 1966 - Moment in U S History OldSoul 1
LookingForward Black People : Which Song Do You Listen To a lot At The Moment Black People Open Forum 5
Liberty Black Jokes Humor : What was your most embarrassing moment? Black Jokes Humor 1
HODEE Black Jokes Humor : That moment when you knew you should have taken your butt to bed Black Jokes Humor 1
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : "QUEEN MOTHER...ORI MOMENT" Black People Open Forum 0
1poetsought Black Haiku : In the Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : A 'BLACK' Miss Israel!--Is This Political or What!? The Crowning Moment Chevron Dove 15
I Black People : Trayvon Martin - LATEST UPDATE THREAD -Please Take A Moment And Sign Petition For Slain Florida Teen Black People Open Forum 636
A Black Muslims : Would you stop for a moment ? Islam Study Group 0
OldSoul OldSoul : A Lift Your Spirit Moment OldSoul 1
daroc Black Poetry : Everything is NOT a LOL Moment! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : A Moment Thought Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
cherryblossom Black Poetry : (For Baller's "Somber Moment") Something Wicked This Way Comes Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
baller Black Poetry : a somber moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
howardtsu Black Poetry : Caught up in the Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Moment Black Folks Proclaim That Racism Does Not Matter Chief Elder Osiris 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : On The Mark w/An A-HA Moment!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
H Black Poetry : Call of the Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Writspirit Black People : The Moment of Truth Is Near Black People Open Forum 0
K Black Poetry : Moment Taken Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Jokes Humor : senior moment Black Jokes Humor 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : The Moment is Now Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
daroc Black Poetry : soaking in the moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Chief Elder Osiris Black People : Historic Moment w/Prof Oyibo and Chief Osiris-brother Junious Stanton Show Black People Open Forum 3
G Black People : A "Living Sheroe Moment" goddess Alexyss K. Tylor Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : A "Living Sheroe Moment" Queen Goddess SISTER SOULJAH Black People Open Forum 4
K Black Poetry : Let me take control of you for a moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : This moment in the country Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Can I testify for a moment? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : For A Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Keeping It Real My True Sisters, Can You Deal With The Truth, A Quiet Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Queenie Black People : Can we pause for a moment to talk to each other? Black People Open Forum 7