Black Spirituality Religion : The Metaphysical Alternative

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cosmicmom, Jun 23, 2015.

1. cosmicmom

cosmicmom Mind is the Creator and Substance of everything. MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    After going back and reading some of the prolific posts by Metaverse (MetasSaience) during the time he was active, I better see how the word “metaphysics” can be used in so many different contexts but more importantly, I better see how WE have used it. The range of these discussions was so far-reaching I was amazed and it made me wonder what Black folks think about what metaphysics is. And because no subject is foreign to metaphysics, all are entitled their point of view.

So I want to be clearer about what I mean when I refer to metaphysics. I am talking about the idea that consciousness is both the Creator and the substance of everything. Understanding what consciousness is, what it does, and how it works is a third option for dealing with racism and racists. By directing consciousness away from either retaliation or sitting around on our thumbs, we put that energy where its going to do the most good--into consciously creating a new reality.

We don’t have to agree on whose religion or philosophy is the right one. We can practice whichever one calls to us. What does it matter? Consciousness is what we have in common. And consciousness employed in the service of Black Self-Sufficiency and nation-building is unstoppable.

Peace :heart:

2. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    I am relatively new here, so when I read your endorsement of Metaverse posts. I wondered if you would be so incline as to repost some of his/her more enlightening posts.
    I must tell you that I find myself agreeing with much of what you have posted....but still I am from a tradition where "reasoning" among ourself is consider a virtue.

How do you propose we use Consciousness to deal with racism?

3. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    Greetings Brother,

I think it is an excellent idea to repost some of Metaverse's teachings so we can re-examine and discuss them further. There are so many threads and so many diverse topics that maybe whoever all is interested might go through some of them as well and repost those of interest to them.

My proposal for how we can use Consciousness to deal with racism is first to get over this utterly failed experiment called "integration", which I believe we have confused with "equality", and adopt a more appropriate mindset that directs our psychic energy and resources towards Black mobilization. I further propose that we utilize the structures we already have in place like the resources here on Destee.com to organize ourselves--to decide for ourselves, among ourselves what we can and are willing to do for ourselves. Once we reach any area of consensus as to which way forward, GET BUSY!

Go into our communities, our organizations, our churches, our clubs or whatever our spheres of influence and: set our goals, visualize their completion, believe in the reality of them even before they appear in the physical, take concrete steps toward them, overcome all obstacles as they present themselves, and ultimately, PROVE to ourselves that we are mental creators in our own right. When we can do this and teach it to our children, racism will die on the vine.

We are capable of turning our backs on the madness and learning how meditation, visualization, making our thoughts and actions congruous with our goals, and taking care of our own will take us far in the struggle for Black Liberation.

I will go back through some of the posts I've read and share them. I hope you and others will do the same.

Peace:heart:

4. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Do you have any suggestions?

5. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    I do. When I talked about using the resources available to us here on Destee.com, what I had in mind was the Group-Think Project Group that is in the process of renewing its activity on our site. There are a number of stated objectives but the one that I latched onto immediately was that of producing "consensus based resolutions." Now stating resolutions alone does nothing if they're not acted upon. But I think the first step is just to come together to plan strategy that is of our own design. Rather than re-inventing the wheel, I think whoever is interested can offer our services to help get Group-Think active again. We already have our gathering place (Destee.com). Now all we have to do is to use the power assembled here to start moving some mountains.

https://destee.com/forums/group-think-project-group.92/
    (The Group-Think Project Group discussion threads)

I too am fairly new to Destee so I don't know all the avenues available to us to move our agenda forward, but I have seen that there are classes, live chat and who knows what else to help us organize ourselves. For my part, I've wanted to do some actual classes on metaphysics but I since I hadn't figured out what and how, I haven't done anything about that yet. I want to see what Sisters and Brothers want to know and then attempt to meet that need.

But then I realized that offering classes wasn't the only thing I could do. So I posted the "10 Most Wanted List" exercise so that whoever was interested could start proving the verity of metaphysical principles for themselves as individuals. (Sorry, I don't know how to put the link in here but it's at the end of the thread "What Are Your Thoughts on Whether Metaphysics is Inconsistent With Your Current Belief System" June 8.)

I can also offer another metaphysical method for practice. This one is for a group rather than an individual and involves forming "master mind" -type groups to join like energies to accomplish goals. I'm not sure the best way to present the information, but it's an idea.

Or something. Anything rather than nothing. I'm ready to get to work!

6. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
  7. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Thanks I would like to help in a capacity that I am able.
    I Think it maybe best if we start with something simply and practical.
    That is beneficial to others and rewarding to us in some way.

If you do not mind give me a run down of your "ten most wanted list"?

8. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    Sure. The easiest way was for me just to copy and paste the post from the other thread:

Greetings Family!

It’s good to be back with you! I would like to continue the discussion on the relevance of metaphysics to Black spirituality. But rather than pose another question, I would like to recommend an exercise that will demonstrate how to create using metaphysical principles. After all, actions always speak louder than words.

It is called the "10 Most Wanted List” and it is one of the “Methods for Practice” included in my book, The Church of the Cosmic Mother: Metaphysics for the African American Seeker.

Here’s how it works:

• Use a small notebook with plenty of pages so you can easily chart your progress over time
    • Make a numbered list of the 10 things you MOST want right now
    • Rank them in order of how badly you want them with the thing you want most in the number one spot
    • Look at the list at least once every single day
    • Maintain the list: scrutinize the list daily and write “Thank You!” (I always write “Thank You, Goddess!”) each time you manifest an item then
    • Re-cast the list with the 10 things you now want most because you have received/achieved something and it has to be replaced
    • Cross out any entries that you decide you no longer want and re-cast the list
    You can find further information about keeping a 10 Most Wanted List in the book and on my website (under construction):
    www.afrometaphysics.org.

Peace!

I know it sounds like a lot but it isn't. Make the list, look at it every day, maintain it when called for, and watch yourself create.

9. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Those are great idea's but they strike me as personal goals and actions.
    Is there any group activity you recommend?

10. cosmicmom

United States
    Ratings:
    +120
    No, not yet.