Black Entertainment : The message in Idlewild

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Divine, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Divine

Divine Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hollywood Divorce is happening to our veteran Hip Hop stars. This year several people in Hip Hop are releasing what could be their last CD for awhile. I've previewed a couple of them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPEUXTW0 <-- Hollywood Divorce song download

Idlewild is a movie by Outkast coming out this weekend. A song called Hollywood Divorce on the soundtrack released Tuesday, 08/22/06 tells a lot. Andre sings the chorus, about show business success being like a marriage, that eventually ends. Why? The guest spot of Lil Wayne tells us its because of wack rap styles like his and bling bling. Andre talks about the industry and saving money (to kids getting in the business) . Big Boi cuts at the critics, lets us know the Internet has changed the way they make money (downloading!) and those that talk **** about them behind the "screen" are lame. Lastly Snoop Dogg is the most touching. "Take our game, take our name, give us a little fame, and then they kick us to the curb. That's a cold thang". Now you know why Outkast changed their style.

Time changes and people desire different things. People my age are raising kids now, so they aren't buying the Wu-tang Clan anymore. Too bad their kids are buying BS.

It just bothers me that Hip Hop is sick and diseased. Of course there is the underground, but I hate seeing my favorites go away.

If you like Outkast, consider buying their CD. I went to the movie yesterday and it is awesome! I hope they place #1 in ticket sales.

Method Man has a CD coming out Tuesday, 08/29/06. He has not been promoted AT ALL. Speak with your dollars and let the industry know what we like. Now you know why your favorite star may not be making music. They're no longer "hip" enough. Feel free to copy & paste to all your family and friends. Get the word out.

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks for the heads up on that joint:spinstar:...Peace

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178