Black People : The Melanin Factor...Did You Know?

Destee said:
Sister Joyce ... thank you for starting this thread and sharing this information. The most i've learned about melanin has come from the Members in this community, and so it continues ... :love:

I think it's necessary to discuss melanin in such a way, that even the least of us (me) can understand it easily. Based on your posts above, looks like that's finna happen!

Looking forward to more Sister.

:heart:

Destee

finna? :lol:

Did you know that...

Black melanin is needed for the function of the brain...not to mention the body. Moreover, it energizes the mind and the body. It's like a battery that can actually be charged up...how? Simply by being in the sun. Now I will be the first one to tell you that having lived on the beach and around it for years, I avoided the sun as much as I could. I would go to the beach in the evenings to catch the sunsets. I would walk my pit in the mornings before the sun rises to mid day. All of this time I could have been "charging" my battery. But NOW I haven't been avoiding the sun during the past 2 weeks. When this melanin is energized or charged up, it does my body good healthwise, even my eyes.

Blackbird and Sekhemu have played a very big part in this in that they have shared some basic natural facts that the average person could understand and accept. I don't avoid the high sun anymore and if you are African, you shouldn't either. 30 minutes a day won't hurt you and your brains will love you for it. Your cells will reproduce at a greater rate and your nerves will function better. Shoot this explains why whites tend to gray so quickly...no melanin...no color. Can you think of many white persons in their 30's who don't dye their hair? We sistahs dye (I don't) our hair because we want to, but whites dye their hair because most of them have to. This is not to diss, but to help you realize what we got here.

I will be adding more next week...if you have any thing please post.

~j

queentswana said:
Hi Joyce...
I have been following many of your posts and replys, for awhile, and if you notice...I haven't replyed to any of them. Not because I didn't want to, but I decided to not get involved. I have seen you in some very length-ly conversations about "religion" ...being that's a very tender subject for some...I stayed in the background because I disagreeded totally with some of the things you were saying, but that's another thread. However I'm replying to this thread only because I'm in total shock that you not only read, but believed "what" you read. Which in one way or another interacts with your spiritual self. And spiritual-vs-religion, don't mix.
When it comes to Melanin, there's not too much I don't know about it, my husband is an historian and he has taught me a lot about melanin, infact I think he did a whole write up about melanin in this forum (not sure but I will check it out).
There was a post, about a month ago or longer about "milk" ...is it good for you? well I didn't touch that one either because if I had said milk was made for "white" bones and not black...people would have been jumping all over me, and I do believe that you would have been one of them, am I right? they say we "need" milk for the vitamin D, but that's not true at all, most black people can't even digest milk. "Melanin"...gives us all the vitamin D we need. Milk is for calfs...not people. We produce natural milk for our babies. Which is why black people can't digest milk...their not cows!! And when I sit in the sun for about 30 minutes, I have all the vitamin D I need for that day.
After I read a few of the replys that be on here, I will be back...for sho.
If it's okay with you I will address something you said in ("IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH?..by Destee) if you're up to it, let me know and I will speak on it.

Hi Queen :wave:

You said:I have been following many of your posts and replys, for awhile, and if you notice...I haven't replyed to any of them. Not because I didn't want to, but I decided to not get involved. I have seen you in some very length-ly conversations about "religion" ...being that's a very tender subject for some...I stayed in the background because I disagreeded totally with some of the things you were saying, but that's another thread. However I'm replying to this thread only because I'm in total shock that you not only read, but believed "what" you read. Which in one way or another interacts with your spiritual self. And spiritual-vs-religion, don't mix.

Well Queen, when I first visited the melanin thread, I came there with the curiosity and intention of learning something about melanin. As a result of asking questions, one of the teachers got into religion and brought Jesus up in this...doing a comparision of sorts. Well i wasn't quite wit dat and so one thing just lead to another. I suppose I could have ignored his remarks but some of the things he said were awful hard to look past. BUT that's not to say that there's nothing to the things he was saying about MELANIN. I just don't subcribe to his religion concerning it. But there is definitely some things to be learning here about this powerful subject and I am all ears.

What I want to do in this thread is talk strictly about melanin and melanin ONLY...not religion. It's not that I am trying to leave God out of it, because after all, He created melanin. What I am trying to do is avoid :fight: because it will surely come if we go into religious beliefs concerning melanin. Then what will others learn while we are arguing???

You Said:There was a post, about a month ago or longer about "milk" ...is it good for you? well I didn't touch that one either because if I had said milk was made for "white" bones and not black...people would have been jumping all over me, and I do believe that you would have been one of them, am I right? they say we "need" milk for the vitamin D, but that's not true at all, most black people can't even digest milk. "Melanin"...gives us all the vitamin D we need. Milk is for calfs...not people. We produce natural milk for our babies. Which is why black people can't digest milk...their not cows!! And when I sit in the sun for about 30 minutes, I have all the vitamin D I need for that day.
After I read a few of the replys that be on here, I will be back...for sho.
If it's okay with you I will address something you said in ("IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH?..by Destee) if you're up to it, let me know and I will speak on it.

I hope that in my discussion over there with Sek and Blackbird that I haven't came over as some one who loves to argue for the sake of arguing. I am so glad that you brought this up. No Queen...I don't drink milk. I drink Spirulina instead. I breast fed my last child for 21/2 because of the very facts you brought up about milk.

Yes, please do address something I said in "Is There Life After Death?" I would love to dialogue with you...it would be an honor.

Respectfully...

~j

Hey...don't forget to post that information

You are so right about the sun Sister Joyce. If the humidity is'nt extremly high I love to bast in the rays of the sun. It is so rejuvenating for me and boy!, the body just loves it. I can actually feel sensations of cells awakening.

The sun even cures my nasal congestions. I had a head cold and my nose was stuffy. I sat in the sun and my nasal was clear. I never knew it was due to the increasing of melanin.

That melanin is very interesting indeed! I also heard that through regular meditation you can heal your body. I believe this to be true because if melanin is release when we are sleeping surely in meditation you're in a dream state condition. If you gently and not forcefully guild melanin through your body to the area of question with your mind, you can heal that area.

They say that some Doctors are now practicing this methods with patients as oppossed to surgery. They are working with spiritual healers to teach patients how to relax and reach this dream state condition so they can heal themselves. Doctors were astonished by the results and as usual the wealthy are the ones who could afford this type of therapy.

However, we can access this ability on our own. I even went as far as trying it for myself. I went into my meditated state. Focused on the area of questioned and sure enough I could feel a tingling sensation in the area. I was healing myself and I noticed the change in that area also. I did'nt keep up with my self treatment but I am aware that it does work.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back