Black People : The Melanin Factor...Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Joyce, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have been over in the Spirituality forum, learning about the unique yet much unknown factors of melanin. Now while I don't subscribe to any religion that some have attached to it, I will tell you that I strongly believe that there is something powerful and mystical about melanin and the pineal gland (located in our brain) which produces it. Knowing that many do not ever go to that particular forum, I thought I'd bring the subject over here. I believe we should take a long hard look at this. No I am not saying that blacks are "superior" to other races, but I am saying that we are especially gifted. As being such, do we not own it to ourselves to find out what it is that makes us so? I have come to believe that the answer is buried in our pineal gland. So each week, I will be posting facts that I've found out about melanin and sharing it with you. If you find any, please post them, because believe it or not, I believe the interest in this gland which is located in our information processing center, will began to grow enormously. For truly it is no coinsidence (spelling?) that blacks excel in

Sports (example: Boxing, football, basketball, baseball, Venus & Serena - Tennis,with no professional training, running - America owes many of her gold medals to black people, and the list goes on)
    Music (for example Jazz honey)
    Singing (who can out sing a sistah or a brotha. It is even counted a compliment to a white person, if they are told they "sing" like a black person)
    Inventions such as the traffic light and the cell phone.
    Teachers (it has been show that blacks tend to have the most profound impact upon the minds of children. They simply have a way of implying knowledge that is at times...un-natural.
    Profound Learning Abilities...things seem to come so natural to blacks without the need of being taught or given "lessons". These things simply enhance what they already have...naturally.

This is why, I believe that the pursue of this melanin science should be done with passion...it is our passion that drives us and I believe that the pineal gland may be the source of much of that passion. So I will began posting in post 2. Please share what you have found out or feel free to express why you believe there's nothing to this. I won't get mad at cha, but I might challenge you a lil bit...all in love.

2. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    The skin is the largest organ that the human body posseses. Many people are aware that the deep concentration of melanin in African peoples skin makes them black and enables them to use the rays of the sun more effectively than our less “melanated” counterparts, but what few know is that melanin is not only present in our skin but it permeates our whole physical being. Yes...our whole being. I believe it even has some impact upon our spiritual being too. For that's who we truly are...spiritual beings. Forget about religion...that is not what I am implying here. I am talking spirit...not faith of any kind. Respectfully, I do not seek to offend anyone, for those who know me, know where I stand in faith. I am simply talking about us as spiritual beings...period...okay? Now what if there is a connection of some kind. Would that explain why we "feel" our music. Why we are such a passionate race of people? Could it be that our "soul" is somehow connected with the melanin factor. I'm serious yall...I ain trying to get weird on ya or nothing. Just probing and would like for yall to probe with me and see what we come up with. I'm simply looking for truth with no weird theories attached, because it is these type of things that will cause people to lose interest altogether. But I want yall to stay with me because I think we're on to something here and if so, it definitely needs to be shared with as many blacks as possible so that mental slavery will be destroyed. It can make a difference in our life, the way we see ourselves, our music - the things we say about ourselves, imagine our image being lifted upwards as a result of finding out who we truly are. Think about it.

I believe that the secrets of melanin are the key to unlocking blacks from mental slavery. Just think, if we were not so jealous of people and came "together" across this nation, we would be a people to be reckoned with. But we are mentally divided. I'm telling you right now, that I will not be overlooking this subject, this science, this amazing gland that God placed in the first race of man...the black man.

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Hi Joyce...
    I have been following many of your posts and replys, for awhile, and if you notice...I haven't replyed to any of them. Not because I didn't want to, but I decided to not get involved. I have seen you in some very length-ly conversations about "religion" ...being that's a very tender subject for some...I stayed in the background because I disagreeded totally with some of the things you were saying, but that's another thread. However I'm replying to this thread only because I'm in total shock that you not only read, but believed "what" you read. Which in one way or another interacts with your spiritual self. And spiritual-vs-religion, don't mix.
    When it comes to Melanin, there's not too much I don't know about it, my husband is an historian and he has taught me a lot about melanin, infact I think he did a whole write up about melanin in this forum (not sure but I will check it out).
    There was a post, about a month ago or longer about "milk" ...is it good for you? well I didn't touch that one either because if I had said milk was made for "white" bones and not black...people would have been jumping all over me, and I do believe that you would have been one of them, am I right? they say we "need" milk for the vitamin D, but that's not true at all, most black people can't even digest milk. "Melanin"...gives us all the vitamin D we need. Milk is for calfs...not people. We produce natural milk for our babies. Which is why black people can't digest milk...their not cows!! And when I sit in the sun for about 30 minutes, I have all the vitamin D I need for that day.
    After I read a few of the replys that be on here, I will be back...for sho.
    If it's okay with you I will address something you said in ("IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH?..by Destee) if you're up to it, let me know and I will speak on it.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Joyce ... thank you for starting this thread and sharing this information. The most i've learned about melanin has come from the Members in this community, and so it continues ... :love:

I think it's necessary to discuss melanin in such a way, that even the least of us (me) can understand it easily. Based on your posts above, looks like that's finna happen!

Looking forward to more Sister.

:heart:

Destee

5. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I have some questions:

1) If "white" people are indeed naturally superior as many claim and infer to be, then why are the main ones that preach such things usually the most poor and least intellectual? Also, why are there any social problems within the "white" community whatsoever? Naturally superior people should be able to easily get past such normally-human things.

2) If "white" people are indeed naturally superior as many claim and infer to be, then why is it still only a small percentage of their population that actually takes up the 'Arts and Sciences', and an even smaller percentage that actually "does something" of significance? Most are just average, everyday, or mediocre people.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    DreamFunk ... you might shood ask da folk who made these claims.

:heart:

Destee

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    finna? :lol:

8. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Did you know that...

Black melanin is needed for the function of the brain...not to mention the body. Moreover, it energizes the mind and the body. It's like a battery that can actually be charged up...how? Simply by being in the sun. Now I will be the first one to tell you that having lived on the beach and around it for years, I avoided the sun as much as I could. I would go to the beach in the evenings to catch the sunsets. I would walk my pit in the mornings before the sun rises to mid day. All of this time I could have been "charging" my battery. But NOW I haven't been avoiding the sun during the past 2 weeks. When this melanin is energized or charged up, it does my body good healthwise, even my eyes.

Blackbird and Sekhemu have played a very big part in this in that they have shared some basic natural facts that the average person could understand and accept. I don't avoid the high sun anymore and if you are African, you shouldn't either. 30 minutes a day won't hurt you and your brains will love you for it. Your cells will reproduce at a greater rate and your nerves will function better. Shoot this explains why whites tend to gray so quickly...no melanin...no color. Can you think of many white persons in their 30's who don't dye their hair? We sistahs dye (I don't) our hair because we want to, but whites dye their hair because most of them have to. This is not to diss, but to help you realize what we got here.

I will be adding more next week...if you have any thing please post.

~j

9. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi Queen :wave:

You said:I have been following many of your posts and replys, for awhile, and if you notice...I haven't replyed to any of them. Not because I didn't want to, but I decided to not get involved. I have seen you in some very length-ly conversations about "religion" ...being that's a very tender subject for some...I stayed in the background because I disagreeded totally with some of the things you were saying, but that's another thread. However I'm replying to this thread only because I'm in total shock that you not only read, but believed "what" you read. Which in one way or another interacts with your spiritual self. And spiritual-vs-religion, don't mix.

Well Queen, when I first visited the melanin thread, I came there with the curiosity and intention of learning something about melanin. As a result of asking questions, one of the teachers got into religion and brought Jesus up in this...doing a comparision of sorts. Well i wasn't quite wit dat and so one thing just lead to another. I suppose I could have ignored his remarks but some of the things he said were awful hard to look past. BUT that's not to say that there's nothing to the things he was saying about MELANIN. I just don't subcribe to his religion concerning it. But there is definitely some things to be learning here about this powerful subject and I am all ears.

What I want to do in this thread is talk strictly about melanin and melanin ONLY...not religion. It's not that I am trying to leave God out of it, because after all, He created melanin. What I am trying to do is avoid :fight: because it will surely come if we go into religious beliefs concerning melanin. Then what will others learn while we are arguing???

You Said:There was a post, about a month ago or longer about "milk" ...is it good for you? well I didn't touch that one either because if I had said milk was made for "white" bones and not black...people would have been jumping all over me, and I do believe that you would have been one of them, am I right? they say we "need" milk for the vitamin D, but that's not true at all, most black people can't even digest milk. "Melanin"...gives us all the vitamin D we need. Milk is for calfs...not people. We produce natural milk for our babies. Which is why black people can't digest milk...their not cows!! And when I sit in the sun for about 30 minutes, I have all the vitamin D I need for that day.
    After I read a few of the replys that be on here, I will be back...for sho.
    If it's okay with you I will address something you said in ("IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH?..by Destee) if you're up to it, let me know and I will speak on it.

I hope that in my discussion over there with Sek and Blackbird that I haven't came over as some one who loves to argue for the sake of arguing. I am so glad that you brought this up. No Queen...I don't drink milk. I drink Spirulina instead. I breast fed my last child for 21/2 because of the very facts you brought up about milk.

Yes, please do address something I said in "Is There Life After Death?" I would love to dialogue with you...it would be an honor.

Respectfully...

~j

Hey...don't forget to post that information

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    You are so right about the sun Sister Joyce. If the humidity is'nt extremly high I love to bast in the rays of the sun. It is so rejuvenating for me and boy!, the body just loves it. I can actually feel sensations of cells awakening.

The sun even cures my nasal congestions. I had a head cold and my nose was stuffy. I sat in the sun and my nasal was clear. I never knew it was due to the increasing of melanin.

That melanin is very interesting indeed! I also heard that through regular meditation you can heal your body. I believe this to be true because if melanin is release when we are sleeping surely in meditation you're in a dream state condition. If you gently and not forcefully guild melanin through your body to the area of question with your mind, you can heal that area.

They say that some Doctors are now practicing this methods with patients as oppossed to surgery. They are working with spiritual healers to teach patients how to relax and reach this dream state condition so they can heal themselves. Doctors were astonished by the results and as usual the wealthy are the ones who could afford this type of therapy.

However, we can access this ability on our own. I even went as far as trying it for myself. I went into my meditated state. Focused on the area of questioned and sure enough I could feel a tingling sensation in the area. I was healing myself and I noticed the change in that area also. I did'nt keep up with my self treatment but I am aware that it does work.