The Meeting

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by PropheticNsyght, Jul 25, 2004.

1. PropheticNsyght

PropheticNsyght Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Vaslynne Knight-Winters checked her makeup in the mirror of the ladies room for the third and final time. She picked a strand of loose hair off of her burgundy sweater and immediately. Grabbing her purse and adjusting her skirt, she ran out of the bathroom with all haste and made it back to the table just as Childress Winters walked through the door searching for her. Her heart beat seemed to skip a couple of times as she stared at the man across the way. She sat down and as the waiter directed him over to the table, another appeared asking her if she was ready to order.

“Umm…well for right now I think I’ll have a glass of White Zinfandel.” The waiter nodded and departed as Childress took his seat. Their eyes connected and she felt her heartbeat slow to a dull thud. He flashed that gorgeous smile and his dark hazel eyes continued to hold her black ones. She began to grow warm and absently began stroking the exposed cleft of her breast. ‘Lord have mercy please!’ she thought. ‘This man knows he looks good!’

Their fixed eye contact was broken with the appearance of the waiter.
    “Your drink, ma’am.” He said; sitting her glass down on the table.
    “Now what would the gentleman like?” He asked.
    She looked down at the lace embroidery of the table cloth, feeling Childress’ burning gaze on her. She tried to compose her now heaving bosom and thumping heart; paying attention to the music playing softly in the background. She was hurriedly lost in the groove of India Arie’s “The Little Things” playing.

“So are you going to continue to ignore me Vas?” His smooth tenor voice startled her out of her reverie and she almost knocked over her glass.
    “I’m sorry Childress, its just; their playing my favorite song. I’m really sorry, I guess I got distracted for a moment.” She looked into his eyes and found him smirking.
    She looked away and fastly took a sip of the chilled Zinfandel.
    “When I received the papers in the mail, I must admit; I was a little caught off guard.”
    Her eyes made Childress’ for a moment and that familiar warmth hit her lower regions and twisted her heart.
    “I know Childress. I was a bit agitated myself when the papers arrived. I mean…”

“Do we really need this divorce Vas!” Childress cut her off and asked; leaning across the table and grabbing her hands in his tight grip. His eyes were full of yearning and something she couldn’t quite put her finger on. She sat there for a minute, her heart lurching down more and more. ‘God, this was supposed to be easy. This is supposed to be a mutual agreement between two people, but do I still love him?’ She questioned herself. He sat there quietly, gripping her hands for a moment longer before releasing her hands and settling back into his chair.

“Childress, I’ve asked myself that question many times since we separated. In fact I can say that I know that I’m still in love with you and it’s something I can’t deny, fight or run from. I’ve resigned myself to that.” She watched how he instantly sat up, his face brightening a bit. She continued. “Yes, I love you Childress, but I know that I am not a woman that can remain with you and always wonder when you might get so upset and hit me again. The first time, was one thing, but when you begin to ‘slip’ up more and more with each passing day, then I’m too through.” Her gaze steered around the room as she finished. “I lived my life watching my dad beat my mother, and then watching her continue to stay and take it and never fight back. I told myself that I would never allow a man to do that to me.” She took another sip of the wine and sat back, her gaze roaming the room; never making eye contact with him.

They sat ensconced in a silence that seemed to stretch for eternity. The sounds of good-natured chatting and light music and the entire club atmosphere wrapped around them, yet excluding them. Childress spoke.

“Vaslynne, I know that I haven’t been the most ideal husband. I know that I’m wrong for being a coward and hitting on you. Look baby, I promised that something like that would never happen to you again. Vas, I really don’t think I can live without you baby. In fact I know I can’t live without you.” His words rolled over her and through her and for a moment she thought about giving in.

“Baby, come with me for a moment.” He said. She absently got up and they both began to walk toward the open French doors leading to the balcony. Stepping outside both were accosted with the fragrant smell of Jasmine and Hyacinth imbedded on the night’s cool breeze. The moon overhead shone with perfect clarity and a milky smoothness that bathed both of them. The night was actually magical she thought, breathing in deeply.

Childress placed his hands upon her shoulders and made her face him. She knew what was coming next. His full sensual lips descended upon hers and she fell totally under his power. Childress kissed her with every bit of smoldering passion leaving her feeling dizzy and feverish. He smiled at the affect he was having upon her and capturing her lips again his hands began to dance down her shoulders and until he held both of her thick hips in his hands. She began to breathe a bit faster and his hands caressed her buttocks. She tightened her arms around his neck feeling herself falling out of reality.

No words passed between them; just a series of sounds of passion and heavy breathing. His hands had now dipped lower and were now caressing her smooth skin beneath her skirt. She shuddered and pressed against the hardness of his frame begging for more without ever opening her mouth. Their kiss continued to deepen as both gave into a consuming passion that needed to be fulfilled. As one of his hands moved to the front of her body, his hands striving to cup her now moist womanhood, her mind began to replay her entire life. Images of being beat and the countless times he apologized only to do it again flooded her mind. Her passion began to cool as his hands were now fondling her womanhood. She began to think and as he tried to slip a finger inside of her she pulled back hastily; her eyes glazed, lips swollen and hair mussed a little.

His eyes were glossy with lust and confusion. “Whats the matter Vas? Baby, we were vibin’ real good.”
    She stood back a bit taking him in from head to toe; never uttering a word.
    She wanted to be with him, God, how she would have loved to be with him again. He was a man that knew how to make love and he was like some drug in her blood. He seemed real repentant she thought. But somewhere a still voice spoke, don’t be a fool. If he did it all those times, he will do it again. Something quickened inside of her and she snapped back to reality.
    Straightening her skirt, she walked toward him and kissed him again passion mounting between the both of them. She pulled back with much abruption.
    His face registered more confusion and he started to speak. She spoke quickly.
    “Childress, I love you and I will always love you, but I’m no fool. I can’t help but remember all those times and I know that if you did them then; you’ll do it again. I can’t live my life like that and I can’t stay with a man because the sex might be good or you look good. I can’t and I won’t.”
    With that Vaslynne Knight-Winters walked back through the doors, grabbed her purse and left her payment for the drink. She straightened her shoulders, put a smile on her face and strolled out of the club and never turned around. She never looked back at her past, but moved toward a future immersed in freedom.

FINIS~*

Copyright 2004
    PropheticNsyght
    "Kasually Bohemian" Publishing

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    nice story i like dis .....

3. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    tight story

4. PropheticNsyght

PropheticNsyght Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for the love sir!

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed awesome creation u pose in a story

6. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    This is tight! You've captured the moment a lot of women hesitate realistically. Keep going!

7. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    nice story line enjoyed