Black Education / Schools : The Medical Schools With the Highest Percentage of Graduates Who Are Black

Thank you Brother Clyde ... i thot that seemed to pat an answer ... very good!

I want Sister Kadijah to see this ... perhaps she has data to the contrary and will share it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Now you know sister Kadijah don't blow smoke. At least, I hope you do? :10500:

First off:

The Association of American Medical Colleges has released data on the undergraduate colleges and universities that produced the most graduates who went on to apply to medical school.

Biiiiig diff between applying and graduating.

But the second part deserves consideration also.
#1. I already knew Xavier produced the most black doctors in the last FEW years. However, since ole boy decided to "prove me wrong" :wink: I would ask that he pull up data on the number of black doctors PRACTICING (not just the "newbies" - the 60 year olds as well ;) ) and the schools they graduated from. As late as, I believe, 1987, Howard and Meharry together (my bad on that one - Meharry produced 1/2 of 1/2 of black doctors in the U.S.) produced not just "1/2" but OVER 3/4ths of ALL black doctors in the U.S.

Prove me wrong, Clyde.... and google. :lol:

P.S.
And thanks. I just logged on to provide the links I promised Destee. Now that I see this thread was created simply to "prove me wrong" in a convo you were no part on, it will be up to you to "prove" that for the past 40 odd years, all those colleges mentioned in the OP article produced "most" of black U.S. doctors practicing today. :)

Now you know sister Kadijah don't blow smoke. At least, I hope you do? :10500:

First off:

Biiiiig diff between applying and graduating.

But the second part deserves consideration also.
#1. I already knew Xavier produced the most black doctors in the last FEW years. However, since ole boy decided to "prove me wrong" :wink: I would ask that he pull up data on the number of black doctors PRACTICING (not just the "newbies") and the schools they graduated from. As late as, I believe, 1987, Howard and Meharry together (my bad on that one - Meharry produced 1/2 of 1/2 of black doctors in the U.S.) produced not just "1/2" but OVER 3/4ths of ALL black doctors in the U.S.

Prove me wrong, Clyde.... and google. :lol:

Sister ... i'd like to believe you aint blow'n no smoke ... but i aint seen no evidence yet.

You made the claim ... so seems you'd be the one presenting the data.

iono ... maybe discussions aint what they useta be ... :nails:

Come on now ... i know you got some evidence ... right? ... :research:

Destee

Read my P.S. to that post.

As for presenting evidence? Not when and/or until I get ready. And NEVER because another "listens in" and decides to challenge me on the board. Clyde made the challenge - it's up to him to get the figures for the past 40 odd years (I can go back 50, but that's cool) that show me wrong.... since he's made that claim.

And remember, I said 1/2 of all black doctors practicing.... not 1/2 of all black doctors who "recently" graduated... HALF of which haven't finished their Residency! Again, biggggg diff!

Clyde decided to jump into the convo I wasn't in with him. Fine. Produce the data. It's at MY fingertips..... and will stay there until he produces links to the contrary. ALL black doctors practicing TODAY, Clyde. Including old Doc Brown. :)

Read my P.S. to that post.

As for presenting evidence? Not when and/or until I get ready. And NEVER because another "listens in" and decides to challenge me on the board. Clyde made the challenge - it's up to him to get the figures for the past 40 odd years (I can go back 50, but that's cool) that show me wrong.... since he's made that claim.

And remember, I said 1/2 of all black doctors practicing.... not 1/2 of all black doctors who "recently" graduated... HALF of which haven't finished their Residency! Again, biggggg diff!

Clyde decided to jump into the convo I wasn't in with him. Fine. Produce the data. It's at MY fingertips..... and will stay there until he produces links to the contrary. ALL black doctors practicing TODAY, Clyde. Including old Doc Brown. :)

Gosh Sister ... it's really not that big of a deal.

You did say in Brother OldSoul's class something specific about this topic, which I found somewhat mind blowing. I asked you to start a thread on it. I'd be amazed if it were true. I just thot it was worthy of discussion.

I'm glad Brother Clyde started the thread ... even if you don't wanna add anything yet.

It's about the topic for me ... not whatever issue you got with Brother Clyde.

You brought the topic up ... now you're running from it ... seems like.

Whatever ... do what you want.

Destee

Gosh Sister ... it's really not that big of a deal.

You did say in Brother OldSoul's class something specific about this topic, which I found somewhat mind blowing. I asked you to start a thread on it. I'd be amazed if it were true. I just thot it was worthy of discussion.

I'm glad Brother Clyde started the thread ... even if you don't wanna add anything yet.

It's about the topic for me ... not whatever issue you got with Brother Clyde.

You brought the topic up ... now you're running from it ... seems like.

Whatever ... do what you want.

Destee

I said it YESTERDAY! :10500: I said I would gather up the links, "yesterday." There was no time frame in which to get the info to you. I gave none and neither did you.

I'm sorry. But anytime a person starts up a thread just to "challenge" something I said elsewhere, they should be grateful I even respond. In fact, had you not tagged me, I wouldn't even have bothered to respond. You wanted some info. I was going to get it to you. Now? Hey! Go with Clyde's link that gives NO information about the schools MOST (more than half!) black doctors practicing in the U.S. today, i.e., black doctors who have practiced for the past 5, 10,15, 40 years, graduated from.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back