Black People : The Meaning of Black

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KMTSista, Jan 8, 2010.

1. KMTSista

KMTSista Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +259
  2. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Origins of the Word Black

Word Origin & History

black

O.E. blæc "black," from P.Gmc. *blak- (cf. O.N. blakkr "dark," Du. blaken "to burn"), from PIE *bhleg- "burn, gleam" (cf. Gk. phlegein "to burn, scorch," L. flagrare "to blaze, glow, burn"). Same root produced O.E. blac "white, bright" (see bleach), the common notion being "lack of hue." The main O.E. word for "black" was sweart. "In ME. it is often doubtful whether blac, blak, blake, means 'black, dark,' or 'pale, colourless, wan, livid.' " Adjective used of dark-skinned people in O.E. The noun in this sense is first attested 1625 (blackamoor is from 1547; see moor). Of coffee, first attested 1796. Sense of "dark purposes, malignant" emerged 1583 (e.g. black art, 1590). Black list "list of persons who have incurred suspicion" is from 1692. Black market first attested 1931. Black eye in figurative sense of "bad reputation" is from 1880s. Blackberry was in O.E.; blackbird is from 1486. Black friar "Dominican" is first recorded 1500, so called from the color of their dress. black widow spider (1915) so called from the female's supposed habit of eating the male after mating (they are cannibalistic, but this particular behavior is rare in the wild). Black panther is from 1965, the movement an outgrowth of Student Nonviolent Co-ordinating Committee. Black comedy first recorded 1963 (cf. Fr. pièce noire). To be in the black (1928) is from the accounting practice of recording credits and balances in black ink.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/black

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    THE WAY THE GLOBAL ECONOMY IS GOING NOW

WOULD YOU WANT TO BE IN THE
    RED?
    OR IN THE

BLACK?

4. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259

What does this have to do with WHAT SHE IS TEACHING?

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    because she left out the point that what differentiates a human embryo in it's initial phase of development, when it looks in shape like the embryo of a fish, bird, reptile, amphibian, or any other mammal, is that the brain, of all humans, is seen visibly as a BLACK DOT of melanin.

Tha's the science of it.

If the Anglo language is incorrect or screwed up then we should aquire another one, but regadless of what African or Hebrew-Isrealite dialect one uses the scientific evidence shows the color of that brain as what all languages would universaly term as BLACK

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    :toast:

If whites concur that 'Black' is 'ugly' or 'negative' then I wouldn't succumb to it. It's obviously a lie because it supports their white supremacist ideals.

7. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259

That's not what I'm getting when I listen to her. When I listen to her, she is breaking down the ORIGINS of WORDS used by Europeans and how they have been transformed to something opposite of what they intended it to mean.

You have the watch the ENTIRE series of her videos to see what I'm saying because she doesn't just talk about the word black, she breaks down various words in the dictionary created by caucasoids.

Me personally I think you are taking it further than what her intent is in the videoS

8. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    That is not what she is saying at all. Did you read the ORIGINS of the word and not the new translations?

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Ah! I read your words and a little of the blog but did not get that.

I totally agree with her approach in getting rid of the white man's destruction of the word 'Black'.

When you said;

You have the watch the ENTIRE series of her videos to see what I'm saying because she doesn't just talk about the word black, she breaks down various words in the dictionary created by caucasoids.

The fact that she cites 'the dictionary' words created by caucasoids, I so agree.

10. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Right that's what I'm saying. Caucasoids changed the word black to something dirty but the origins at the very bottoms showing what the word actually was intended to mean has nothing to do with what we are.

When I first started listening to it, I had the same confusion, but I had to continue to listen and crack open my dictionary to see what she was saying.

Its an alternative way of viewing things and just how a lot of terms we use and have been put onto us are misconstrude.

She talks about the words Nice, Bad, the name Jesus and its origins.

Just something interesting to listen to.