Black People : The Marginalization of African Americans

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
"After only a few decades on the books, numerous Affirmative Action laws are being repealed across the U.S. "Why should minorities get favored treatment?" ask many white Americans today, with stories of whites being passed up for promotions or entry-level jobs in favor of less qualified minorities often related. And over one hundred and thirty years after their emancipation, African Americans remain substantially impoverished and ghettoized. The United States, whites assert, is a free country, with free elections, a capitalist market system open to all on an even basis, and equal education and employment opportunities. Many argue that if minorities still lag behind in such areas as education, wealth and political representation today, they have only themselves to blame."

Do you agree or disagree? Read the entire article and be enlightened by one brother's opinion.

http://www.lutins.org/afr-amer.html

Article by allen lutins. See link for rules for reproducing his literary work.

Although America has Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Arabs, East Indians, and Ethnic Europeans. It has always been about Black & White in this country. Unfortunately after all the blood & sacrifice we gave to the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s & 60s, it seems like whites have gotten the last laugh. We made it illegal to discriminate in this country, we made equal opportunity a reality, not a theory. Since the white power structure could no longer legally discriminate against us, they said okay we won't discriminate against anyone.

The result: Latinos, Arabs, East Indians, and Asians started coming over by the MILLIONS, and starting taking the jobs that would have (and should have) gone to the African American community. As a historian I can't claim that there were not Latinos (mostly Mexicans) and Asians over here before the Civil Rights Movement, because there were. However, the numbers we have today did not exist until after the Civil Rights Movement. I don't remember Latinos, Asians, or any other ethnic group fighting in the Civil Rights Movement, but they have certainly reaped the benefits, and have become serious competitors for jobs.

Before I sound too anti-immigrant let me clarify that I don't have problems with them (they are just trying to improve the quality of life for themselves and their family). What I do have a problem with is the way the African American inspired & led Civil Rights Movement was undercut. I seriously believe this was not an accident, but a design by a bitter white power structure that was forced to change its lifestyle and status quo.

Actually there is a historical precident for this. In South Africa and parts of the Caribbean (Trinidad & Jamaica). East Indians were brought into the countries to work middle class jobs while whites work the elite jobs and blacks worked the low end jobs. The imported Indians served as a distraction to blacks (as a "buffer class"), because they were taking jobs which should have gone to them. More specifically, because of the the racist social structure, there were jobs that blacks knew they couldn't obtain. However the jobs given to the imported Indians where the best jobs that were once available to black. As a result the anger blacks had towards whites, they instead turned to the Indians (since they were now their immediate threat). Which in turn allowed whites to run the country unchallenged. The plan ran into some problems when Indians also protested against mistreatment (the famous Ghandi 1st arose when he staged non-violent protest against the S. African government). However for the most part if was very effective.

Was and is effective, because I see it happening right now. Again this was not a coincidence, but a deliberate plan. And I think the same thing is happening in America. I especially think that Latinos are being used as a buffer class against African Americans. We have to be aware of what's going on

PanAfrica:

You are right on target; but I don't think that we don't know what is going on; I think that we are too afraid to challenge it-constructively.

Civil Rights wasn't/isn't the only thing that we gave to White women and all those who did/ does immigrate here...
We continue to fight... the fight for "more minorities" on t.v. was and is led by Black Americans... and it works....
Although, it is just a mask--Affirmative Action-- fight was led, and is led, and is fought for mainly by Black Americans, yet, each and every group- including the majority "White Women,"- sit back as we fight, as we are villified, as we are marginalised, and wait to continue reaping the benefits...

I do not blame them per se; as a matter of fact, I think that it is quite smart of them; while we worry about- still- being with Whites, and waiting for Whites to love us; others huddle, support each other... pull each other up. (i.e. Asians, come into our neighborhoods, open up stores-- we are the biggest patrons in this whole **** country-- give it 800 billion Black Bucks A Year-- then they supply low interest or no interest loans to each other to buy up the businesses, in our communities... maybe they will hire you for $5.00/hr-- it ain't likely)

While whenever we can rub two nickels together we run away from each other, while others huddle.... make their own neighborhoods... then communities, etc... and while like some of us; some of them too, run out to live in Whiteville.... go out to Whiteville, drive around... even in Whiteville's with a fairly nice sized presence of "Others"; Black Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Africans, Carribeans, etc.... now, look around at the businesses owned there...who are they? All Whites... they are not having it; and not once did they fight about it; no, the "public" never hears a peep--- but they fight and they fight very constructively- THEY DO NOT AND WILL NOT PATRONIZE THE BUSINESSES OF OTHERS IN "THEIR" NEIGHBORHOODS.... soon, the " other" closes down, ... if they ever had the guts to try it anyway--- and guess where they take their business-- not Their Families-- just their business?

Hmnnn Hmnnn--- and guess who lives in the projects, walking in and outta that store day in and out, with flip-flops on, hanging in front of the stores w/ 40's while the owners don't give a ****, while the schools deteriorate... and always crying, "They took something from me?"; while they sit in Whiteville, searching out love and acceptance, and getting it in the easiest, most vile way possible..."Love me Mr./Mrs. White, I hate'em too..."

And if Whiteville's distaste for that which is not them, cannot be overridden by the hate they willing spit at US--- we get mad at the Whiteville residents, we hollering-- "You Racist, You Bigot!"
We are ready to pick up signs, march... for them!

No one can do anything to you that you do not allow them to... why can't we exercise some restraint? Why can't we say, my leverage is inside of me. for me and my people first...

No PanAfrica; it is not that we don't know... it is that we are afraid to fight and love each other--- Constructively of course.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back