Omowale Jabali : The Marcus Garvey Statement called Rastafari Prophesy

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
This post is a response to those who claim Marcus Garvey did not refer to African people in the Diaspora as Black, Negro, etc. Its also a response to those who claim Marcus Garvey founded the teachings of various Moorish or Islamic nationalist groups. First of all, Marcus Garvey is ofthe referred to as the "Father of Modern BLACK Nationalism". Secondly, Marcus Garvey is also credited with founding the Ras Tafarian Movement.

http://www.jamaicans.com/culture/rasta/MarcusGarveyProhecy.shtml

I am sure that Marcus Garvey, in praising Ras Tafari knew also that Ras Tafari Haile Selassie was NOT a Muslim. Furthermore, one of the most holy books of the Rasta community is not the Holy Koran but the Kebra Nagast.

Here is an except from Garvey's statement. Actually, the last paragraph.
"The Psalmist prophesied that Princes would come out of Egypt and Ethiopia would stretch forth her hands unto God. We have no doubt that the time is now come. Ethiopia is now stretching forth her hands. This great kingdom of the East has been hidden for many centuries, but gradually she is rising to take a leading place in the world and it is for us of the Negro race to assist in every way to hold up the hand of Emperor Ras Tafari 2."

Garvey did not say anything about Asiatics or Moors from the Garden of Eden in the Land of Canaan. He is specifically talking about ETHIOPIA and the NEGRO (BLACK) Race and Emperor Ras Tafari.

I have a deep respect for the teaching of some of my Moorish/Islamic brethren but some have been distorting Garvey's teachings for much too long. Furthermore, in case no one has noticed Garvey made this statement in the SAME year in which the NOI supposedly was founded. 1930.

To those of you who deny being BLACK/Ethiopian you have that right but what you do not have the right to do is falsify the teachings of the Honorable Marcus Garvey and to continue spreading this "Asiatic" nonsense. By the way, I do believe that the Hon. Elijah Muhammad DID refer to us as the "Asiatic BLACK MAN in America". At least he got the BLACK MAN part of that correct.

Interesting I have not spent as much time as I should studying him. I have read only a couple of works in regards to him. He did not appear to be A,man whom was caught up into to titles rAther they be in regards to race or religion. He was very interested in bringing the children of dispora to love them selves again and to come back together.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back