Black People : The Mantidote - July 2003 (1st)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Gary C. Booker, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Gary C. Booker

Gary C. Booker Well-Known Member MEMBER

Freelance Writer, Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Mantidote
    July 1st, 2003

The unforeseen consequences of baby-momma-ism

There is much talk amongst our community about the decline of strong parental habits within the black community. I have talked about it a lot in several settings. This Mantidote is going to be brief, but very important. I must ask also that anyone reading this please put all battle-of-the-sexes issues and any other personal issues aside when reading this and heed the very core what I am saying. I am going to talk about one of the most unforeseen consequences of the psychological disease that is striking our women which can be summed up by “baby-momma-ism,” that is going to have very grave consequences if not address... the growing decline of children being breastfed.

Breastfeeding is being replaced by Gerber bottles filled with synthetic formula milk that is by no means capable of replacing breast milk. Whether or not your doctrine is mainstream religion or mainstream science, you must agree that what you were given to work with is all you need when it comes to feeding your child. The Religious person would agree that the God, whom they believe to be all powerful and almighty, did not make a mistake when creating a woman’s body to feed a child. The science world (that which has not been bought our rented by the baby formula industry) may or may not include God in that statement, but they will tell you that breast milk is your body’s natural way of producing milk specifically for your child’s bodily needs.

Mr. Similac doesn’t have time to understand exactly how much of what nutrients your baby will need to develop from a newborn baby with extremely sensitive body systems to a pre-toddler ready to eat solid foods. That is not the nature of mass production. But your body knows. Why trust any other machine than your body, which already has data from your child’s genetic composition on file? Breastfeeding has irreplaceable benefits that range from helping to ensure the strong development of a child’s skeleton, muscles and immune system. Last year, the New York times released an article that linked breastfeeding to higher IQ’s in babies. This was nothing new to me... I remember a relative telling a young person of mine that said, “you should breastfeed your child if you want them to be smart.”

Yet, with the growing amount of young mothers there also is a growing shame for breastfeeding which is leading to a decline our children receiving the nutrients they need. A lot of the reason appears to be that many young mothers are finding shame in breastfeeding or just show outright apathy for the child born onto them. Yet. you can find them up in the club every Friday going home with another man (whom she knew for only a few hours) who will proceed to do to her breast with his mouth what her newborn baby... at home with the grandparents or whoever drinking Similac or SMA... should be doing. I’m not just clowning on the sisters... all of you brothers who participate in furthering her bad habits are guilty too.

There needs to be an increase of good parenting classes within our schools and very soon. Please don’t talk about what “should be.” I understand that teens should not be having sex so early without having the opportunity to establish careers, but we are not dealing with what should be... we are dealing with WHAT IS, and we must act quickly. And for all of you so-called “pro-life” people out there... it is time for you to put up or shut up. I am working on this as we speak in the Atlanta area, so pop me an email at [email protected] if you are nearby and want to volunteer or if you’re interested in doing something similar in your community.

I’m out.

2. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Blessings Brother!
    I have just read your manidote, and I have witnessed all of what you have typed. I even see young mothers in the club pregnant and all ! It's a shame. Breast milk is best. So many women will easily give there body to a man, but not to a child who they carried for 9 months. If they dont want to have a child, or are not ready. There are so many options to prevent conception of a child.I could go on and on but im so mad that I can't even get my words straight. :maddd:

3. Gary C. Booker

Gary C. Booker Well-Known Member MEMBER

Freelance Writer, Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes sister... indeed Breastmilk is the best. It has been specifically engineered to fit your baby's needs. It is amazing of how corporate bloodsucking schemes such as allowing a woman to dry up her breastmilk can go like this. Why won't these religious organizations cook up the stink about this that they are cooking p about the so-called pro-life movement? They should, otherwise they are not pro-life, but only PRO-BIRTH.

I understand the frustration indeed...

GCB

4. Nubian1Princess

Nubian1Princess Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm glad someone has chosen to address this issue.

However, I wish information was shared concerning the contamination of breast milk. I am 100% behind women breastfeeding; however, those women that choose to breastfeed must have a healthy diet. If a woman is regularly smoking, drinking alcohol, and consuming dairy products, beef, chicken, and pork it may be best for the child to consume a man-made formula. The chemicals pumped into cattle these days is not healthy for adults and is equally, if not more damaging to the development of children.

So when a Sister decides to breastfeed I congratulate her, but at the same time I truly hope she continues making conscious decisions and rethinks her eating habits.

Peace and UHURU !!!!