Black People : "The Making of Black Ghettoes"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, May 26, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    "The greatest fears of the Federal Housing Administration were reserved for 'unharmonious racial or nationality groups.' The alleged danger was that an entire area could lose its investment value if rigid white-black segregation was not maintained. To protect itself against such eventualities, the Underwriting Manual openly recommended 'enforced zoning, subdivision regulations, and suitable restrictive covenants. In addition, the FHA's Division of Economics and Statistics compiled detailed reports and maps charting the present and most likely future residential locations of black families." In a March, 1939, map of Brooklyn, for example, the presence of a single non-white family on any block was sufficient to result in that entire block being marked black. Similarly, very extensive maps of the District of Columbia depicted the spread of the black population and the percentage of dwelling units occupied by persons other than white."

Beginning in 1936, an inventory was created, largely by those in the real estate industry, and color coded maps were drawn with neighborhoods rated A through D.Case described the system:

"* Grade A neighborhood: Up and coming. In demand. Well planned. Color it green.

"* Grade B: Completely developed. Still good but not what people who can afford more are buying. Blue.

"* Grade C: Buildings aged and obsolete. "Infiltration of lower grade populations." Experts say "lower grade',' citizens were blacks (called 'Negroes' by surveyors), Jews and foreign born whites. C neighborhoods 'lack homogeneity.' Color them yellow.

"* Grade D: Detrimental influences. Undesirable population. Mostly rented homes with poor maintenance, vandalism, unstable families. This is the red area."

Jackson noted that "black neighborhoods were invariably rated 'D.'" These were neighborhoods described with such phrases as "the only hope is for demolition of these buildings and transition of the are into a business district" or "this particular spot is a blight on the surrounding area."

Secret "residential security maps" were drawn up for every block of a city. These maps were available to lenders and realtors but were kept secret from the general public. Some of these maps, including those for DC, Jackson found to be missing from government archives.

TO READ MORE FROM THIS VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE, CLICK ON THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW....

http://prorev.com/blackcities.htm

peace!
    Isaiah

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Excellent post and excellent article brother......

3. Ellacott

Ellacott Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much for this excellent article. I've been looking for information on this subject. I talked with a person who was explaining this. He said the name "projects" actually means a project that was instituted by our govt. as a means to seperate the classes. He said it was actually supposed to be an ongoing project of community development.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Radical and Ellacot, thank you both for the props!

I presented this article because I want us to understand clearly what systemic racism is all about, how it works it's insdious evil under the guise of "government guidelines." Under Government Guidelines, the Federal Housing Administration delivered 120-billion dollars in home loans - and every last dime of it went to WHITE FOLKS... Yes, the same WHiTE FOLKS who hem and haw about Affirmative Action.

The result was nearly 50-million Government-sponsored homes to WHITE FOLKS, ZERO for BLACK FOLKS... This information comes out 40 years after the fact, after all of the scurrilous and scandalous diatribes about how Black folks waste their money, and don't work hard, and that's why they don't have as much property as hard-working white folks(smile!)

They are ignorant, and so are we... That's why we sometimes stand paralyzed in the face of their diatribes... If we do the research, it is not hard to tell why they've got the property, and we've got the crumbs... Hope more folks will read this article, because it is a springboard to further research and understanding of the hidden processes of government, and how those processes favor one group over every body else...

PEACE!
    Isaiah

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

this is the type of information that is needed.
    :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

i hope some of those Negroes who are constantly downing the black race will read it and be educated.

:terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific:

6. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Wow, thank you for sharing....

7. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    thanks for this excellent thread! Black folks have really known about this for years...it's called "Red Lining" (Grade D)

8. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hotep,

This is a process this is still very active today. I have seen it first hand in the carrying out of my duties (Mechanical Engineer with a focus on new construction). In the exclusive neighborhoods that I work I watch as one black afrikan family move into the area then another. I don’t know what happens in the minds of the white people who live there, but I say within a week their are several houses in the neighborhood that are up for sale.

Another process that I have been watching first hand is a bank-denying people of color loans then approving them for a white family with the exact same credentials. When I say credentials I mean credit scores and income coming into the household. While I’m on that matter it seems that white people are allowed to get into greater debt then their black afrikan counterparts.

No the system is not fair, but more and more minorities are getting into real-estate and banking thus making it possible for us to get better loans and better housing. In conclusion some people are satisfied with their living conditions, but if you are not then work for a better home and make a difference in improving the conditions of your neighborhood cause if we don’t no one will.

Ase’

:spinstar: Soulja :spinstar:

9. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    great information!!

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47