Black People Politics : The Machine is Hurting African Americans

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Aluku, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Aluku

Aluku Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    I made a thread a while back questioning our unyielding support for the Democrat party, for which I got a lot of flack. I don't mind that btw. My goal was to help my brothers and sisters to put their thinking cap on.

Here is a congressional candidate from Chicago, Paul McKinley, explaining how our vote is hurting US!

This is the same in all urban cities.

I'll probably get a lot of flack again, but it's all good. Just think about two cities that have been run by Democrats for over 60 years, Chicago and Detroit. Ask yourself this question: how have the helped us?? Worst public education records, worst crime records, worst job records.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    McKinley--who has been convicted of 6 felony counts and served nearly 20 years behind bars for armed robberies, aggravated battery, and burglaries

3. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    So which of the points he is making are you disputing?

BTW he says it openly that he has been convicted and jailed. It's no secret.

Judge Mathis has also been convicted and jailed... So I shouldn't listen to him or consider his words.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    none, he did not say anything that we don't already know…...

5. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It's been asked: Is the problem the White System or White People?

After 400 years the answer should be evident. Why are we railing against Parties? Why Systems? White people were awful, corrupt and greedy way before American Political Parties entered the paradigm.

I'd vote a Black man into office of course. The Black man can't do worse than a White man. But what's the point in pretending that the problem is a select few Whites? We need to stop waiting for decent Whites.

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    :10500:

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    :toast:

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Rather than post-up a black faced Republican, the point could easily be made on Democrats not following the leader, President Obama; otherwise, I don't get what the representation of McKinley, a republican, has to do with your argument against the Democratic Party... help me understand this logic, Aluku.

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    For a second, I thought the title of the thread said HUNTING instead of hurting. I was like "whoa! what machine!?" I'll get my eyes checked now.

But to the matter at hand; it seems as though this has to do with whether a Republican or Democratic vote would help black people stop hurting, huh? And it seems it's implied that we been voting democratic but ain't been seeing too much progress, huh?

But isn't it more than the vote?
    I do believe some treat the system like a magic fairy; as in, vote one way and watch your life turn to gold! It still takes doing from the voter to push an ideal ahead, don't it? I mean, you want to be apart of that ideal, right? So one just has to do their part and I don't think enough have. At least from where I sit in N.O. I always took it as, when a person voted, they voted who they wanted to do after, and so if a man gets a million votes to build a country, those million would build with him from where they stood, but a lot have been voting and expecting the building to come from that one man alone. The pres. or any official is always going to be one man or woman, doesn't matter how big his posse is; so if you expect him to help a dozen brothers and sisters, you should follow the example and help a dozen, too! Things go much faster, and any setback becomes minor with the more on board. But if all is just expected from that one man, we gotta expect the result of one man's work. I don't think changing votes is necessarily going to help, but changing attitudes will! I understand it can be hard to help a brother if a brother can hardly help himself, but if every did what they CAN as in are CAPABLE OF, and lightened the load for another, less backs would be broken and I believe more progress would be made, and then people would see more of what they voted; someone who didn't hinder the cause but helped it where it's asked.

10. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    " black faced Republican " . Wow.

"I don't get what the representation of McKinley, a republican, has to do with your argument against the Democratic Party"

I think the video is self explanatory.