Amun-Ra : The Lynched

mississippi has the most lynchings. i had a great uncle who was hung as an unknow in hernendo mississippi, march 28, 1935. his name was james walcott or james latham, brother of david walcott. story has it james was participating in miscengenation, dating or married to a white women. A doctor daughter named walker was a friend of the family. another story is during this period a number of blacks who participated with the southern tenant famers union during this period were lynched in mms. & ark.

Dekalb Walcott, jr.
Chicago illinois

Thank you for sharing brother. There in lies the problem (the highleted portion). I believe that the numbers we are told regarding lynchings are far higher than krakkkers will admit even with recorded history. So many blacks were run out of the south because family members were being lynched and their lands being stolen. I know this to be the case with Tom Joyners family as was told on Skip Gates show. They were run out of NC i believe because his two teenaged uncles were accused of murdering a white man, they were lynched and family harrased from town. My own family on my mothers side came to Philadelphia around 1910 from SC and Va during the first great migration. I honestly believe their leaving had something to do with lynchings.

Thank you for sharing brother. There in lies the problem (the highleted portion). I believe that the numbers we are told regarding lynchings are far higher than krakkkers will admit even with recorded history. So many blacks were run out of the south because family members were being lynched and their lands being stolen. I know this to be the case with Tom Joyners family as was told on Skip Gates show. They were run out of NC i believe because his two teenaged uncles were accused of murdering a white man, they were lynched and family harrased from town. My own family on my mothers side came to Philadelphia around 1910 from SC and Va during the first great migration. I honestly believe their leaving had something to do with lynchings.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... So true Each1teach1, there's a very similar legend in my family equal to what you've shared.

Peace In,

Them lynchers should be ashamed for being so much punk'd and the craziness still goes on.
This is the land of your captivity, these lynchers are evil and cowardly but my questions is what would Black folks do to protect themselves as people. The funny thing is Black folks wanna be friends with the very people who have been destroying them for centuries, this isn't the case if you cant beat them join them. We need to separate from these people by any means necessary.

This is the land of your captivity, these lynchers are evil and cowardly but my questions is what would Black folks do to protect themselves as people. The funny thing is Black folks wanna be friends with the very people who have been destroying them for centuries, this isn't the case if you cant beat them join them. We need to separate from these people by any means necessary.
You are right. But somebodies gotta to telll them about their evils and cowardly doings so they can't say nobody told me. Then I'm sure it will get left as that. If no coming together well that's the best thang ultimently.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back